Sign in to follow this  
Anhnguyen

Some Soviet missiles needed

Does anyone have the AA-2-2 Advanced Atoll (R-3R), or the AA-9 Amos (Vympel R-33), the AA-4 Awl (K-9), The AA-5 Ash (Bisnovat R-4) ? The MiG-21 was arm with 2 AA-2-2s and 2 AA-2s

r-3r.gif

AA-2-2 Avanced Atoll

k-13r.jpg

AA-2-2 Avanced Atoll

k-80r.jpg

AA-5 Ash V1

k-80t.jpg

AA-5 Ash V2

r33e.jpg

AA-9 Amos

k-33_cx.gif

AA-9 Amos

k9_k.gif

AA-4 Awl

Edited by Anhnguyen

You can find the Atoll in Bunyap's weapon pack, as for the others they might be in there but I'm not sure. I think the Awl's in there.

I don't think the Advanced Atoll is there. Only the Atoll-B is SAHM and the AA-2-2 is SAHM. The Awl is a top-secret weapon of the Soviet Union and it isn't there.

No Awl -- and -- No plane that uses Awl. ... well ... almost. I kinda made a E-152M from Pasko's Su-11 by adding some Tornado drop tanks along the fuselage top...

near the bottom of this ThudWire page ~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3233

I kinda need an Ash for this, the similar shape R.530 is half the size, so I use Anab 3D model.

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Can you send me the link to the E-152M? And some E-152s were armed with the AA-5 Ash (R-4)

e152m-5.jpg

e152m-2.jpg

Edited by Anhnguyen

Can you send me the link to the E-152M?

No link. I would need Pasko's permission to releace the hack job, or maybe C5's permission -- they made the Su-11 the MiG is built on, and maybe the Tornado Team's permission, as I use the Euro Tornado drop tanks.

I can poast what I did....start with Su-11 data ini file. Add the following to the file in the proper places.

Step 1... ===========================================================

This sets up the 4 Euro Tornado 1500gal drop tanks as a zero strength "jammer" much like Pasko's MiG-17PFU radar nose "jammer" that is made to be added to the MiG-17F.

[Fuselage]

:

:

:

SystemName[009]=X1

SystemName[010]=X2

SystemName[011]=X3

SystemName[012]=X4

SystemName[013]=FuselageSpineCell

//Weapon Stations ---------------------------------------------------------

:

:

:

:

[X1]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

ShowFromCockpit=FALSE

StationID=5

StationGroupID=4

StationType=EXTERNAL

//AttachmentPosition=0.0,2.10,0.95

AttachmentPosition=0.0,2.60,0.95

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=140.0

AllowedWeaponClass=Spine_E152

AttachmentType=Soviet

ModelNodeName=Spine_E152

PylonMass=10

PylonDragArea=0.08

LaunchRailNodeName=

MinExtentPosition=

MaxExtentPosition=

[X2]

ShowFromCockpit=FALSE

StationID=6

StationGroupID=4

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.0,0.70,0.95

LoadLimit=140.0

AttachmentType=Soviet

ModelNodeName=Spine_E152

PylonMass=10

PylonDragArea=0.08

LaunchRailNodeName=

MinExtentPosition=

MaxExtentPosition=

[X3]

ShowFromCockpit=FALSE

StationID=7

StationGroupID=4

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.0,-1.10,0.95

LoadLimit=140.0

AttachmentType=Soviet

ModelNodeName=Spine_E152

PylonMass=10

PylonDragArea=0.08

LaunchRailNodeName=

MinExtentPosition=

MaxExtentPosition=

[X4]

ShowFromCockpit=FALSE

StationID=8

StationGroupID=4

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.0,-2.90,0.95

LoadLimit=140.0

AttachmentType=Soviet

ModelNodeName=Spine_E152

PylonMass=10

PylonDragArea=0.08

LaunchRailNodeName=

MinExtentPosition=

MaxExtentPosition=

//Fuel Tanks ---------------------------------------------------------

:

:

:

[FuselageSpineCell]

SystemType=FUEL_TANK

FuelTankID=1

MaxFuelAmount=1440.0

SelfHealing=TRUE

FireSuppression=TRUE

MinExtentPosition=-0.30,-2.70,0.50

MaxExtentPosition= 0.30, 2.40,0.80

Su-11 didn't have this spine tank, and I think I changed the other Su-11 internal fuel capacities to match E-152 fuel capacities.

===========================================================

Step 2...

Add to your weapon data file...

[WeaponDataXYZ]

TypeName=Spine_E152

FullName=Spine_E152

ModelName=Tank1500_Tornado ... select a Tornado tank. There are several, with different skins.

Mass=150.000000

Diameter=0.500000

Length=1.000000

AttachmentType=SOVIET

NationName=Soviet

StartYear=1955

EndYear=1980

Availability=2

BaseQuantity=20

Exported=TRUE

ExportStartYear=1957

ExportEndYear=1980

ExportAvailability=1

WeaponDataType=4

StoreType=0

JammerStrength=0.000000

...and...

[WeaponDataXYZ]

TypeName=Tank1500_E152

FullName=1500ltr Drop Tank

ModelName=Tank370_F4

Mass=1320.000000

Diameter=0.620000

Length=6.160000

AttachmentType=

NationName=

StartYear=0

EndYear=0

Availability=0

BaseQuantity=0

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportEndYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=5

MaxFuelAmount=1200.000000

Asymmetrical=FALSE

Remember to use the WeaponEditor and open and SAVE the new weapon data file so it generates a new weapon file for the game.

I predict the Tornado Team made the Tornado drop tanks (I don't have the Tornado, just the drop tanks in Bunyap's weapons file). Choose what you want to use for the -152 fuesleage spine. I am slowly making my own personal weapon folder to use, and strictly limited to SAC and PVO weapons only, with a bit of TAC and NAVY thrown in, and maybe some RAF if I decide on that.

There are several Tornado tanks to choose from, using different skins. Choose one. Also, I painted the Tornado tank I selected to match the MiG's grey colour I chose. There is probably a better way to do this. Perhaps one big B-58 bomb pod will do. Did you know, the B-58 bomb pod -- not the much larger fuel tank pod -- makes a *perfect* MiG-25R drop tank ... (use AttachmentPosition=0.00,-1.50,-0.20 and AttachmentAngles=0.00,-4.00,0.00 ... and make sure the Load Limit can handle such a large store).

Step 3...

In your new E-152 LOADOUT file...this is what I'm using for now, as we don't have R-4 or K-9.

[AirToAir]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=R-8MR

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=R-8MT

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].WeaponType=Tank1500_E152

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=

Loadout[04].Quantity=0

Loadout[05].WeaponType=Spine_E152

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

Loadout[06].WeaponType=Spine_E152

Loadout[06].Quantity=1

Loadout[07].WeaponType=Spine_E152

Loadout[07].Quantity=1

Loadout[08].WeaponType=Spine_E152

Loadout[08].Quantity=1

Note -- loadout[4] is not used. The Su-11 had two fuselage pylons for two drop tanks. The MiG used one drop tank on the centerline. Its close enough for me.

In my Siberian Sky scenario, I assume the MiG people move the -152M missles, whatever they may be, back under the wing. According to Yefim Gordon's Heavy Interceptor book, the wingtip rail launchers were a failure and were never going to work, even with the planned stabilizing fins at the wingtips. So, I keep the missiles under the wings at the Su-11 model's pylons ... for now.

The Matra R.530 model looks just like the R-4 missile, but the Matra is too small. But, do that if you wish.

Step 4...

For the 1500 litre drop tank, I use an F-4 drop tank. This is done in the [LeftFuselageStation], but I move the drop tank from the Su-11's pylon position to the centerline.

I hope this helps, and hope I didn't miss something here, and I had to edit some mistakes, so look again. :good:

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

I don't know why when I use the weapon editor, after that, when I start the game, It always crash.

mmm. You need the new weapon editor. July 2006 I think, made for Service Patch 4. You have that?

I had just upgrade my WOE but after I change the weapondata.ini, and with the Weapon Editor, Al the weapons just don't appear in the loadout list.

I had just upgrade my WOE but after I change the weapondata.ini, and with the Weapon Editor, Al the weapons just don't appear in the loadout list.

What are you trying to do? Are you trying the E-152 thing?

WARNING --- I may be using changed names for the R-8 missiles. I prefer the Soviet names, and I use my own naming system for the 3D weapon models (skins require original author's naming unless you change them in hex editor). Don't go exactly by what I did. My new weapons folder is strictly for one purpose -- SAC vs PVO. You may have to learn the SF/WoE system. The stuff I'm doing for myself is really bizzare.

No, I meant when I' changing something in the weapondata.ini and then use the Weapon Editor to save it. The game doens't crash at start up anymore but now no weapon is available in the loadout screen for every aircrafts

No, I meant when I' changing something in the weapondata.ini and then use the Weapon Editor to save it. The game doens't crash at start up anymore but now no weapon is available in the loadout screen for every aircrafts

the newest weapons pack changed a lot of things.You will need to go into the data.ini of most soviet aircraft and in the hardpoint sections add Soviet to allow them to use that type of weapons.then in the loadout.ini you will need to change the names of the missiles from the nato names to the Soviet names.

No, You guys don't understand what I mean. I mean no weapon are availble for every aircrafts, even the US aircrafts. No weapon are available, even the old weapons.I don't know how to take a picture in the loadout screen, if yes, I will take a picture for you guys.

No, You guys don't understand what I mean. I mean no weapon are availble for every aircrafts, even the US aircrafts. No weapon are available, even the old weapons.I don't know how to take a picture in the loadout screen, if yes, I will take a picture for you guys.

US aircraft need "USAF" or whatever the code for navy.

NATO does not work for US aircraft anymore, like WP does not work for Soviet aircraft anymore.

US aircraft need "USAF" or whatever the code for navy.

NATO does not work for US aircraft anymore, like WP does not work for Soviet aircraft anymore.

I would have said the problem might lie in the weapon loadouts.ini for the fighters you're using, are they listed as AA-8, AA-11 etc or are they listed as R-60, R-73 etc?

But if absolutely nothing is showing up, could be you might need a fresh install and complete patching before you continue...

WP = Warsaw Pac ... the red equivalent to NATO

...or "what pylon?" If you want your plane's lines to be clean.

say what pylon?

WP = Workin Progress ... or the weapon model is not ready yet.

SargeantVinceMTL to Private Pylon::

Pylon you knucklehead what's your problem I told you...

I had the same problem after installing the weapons pack and it disappeared after installing it again. I haven't tried to reproduce this behaviour, though.

I had the same problem with WOE :dntknw: ended up reinstalling the whole game and then the weapons pack...after that it worked again :ok:

There's no need to reinstall the entire game, nor, most of the time, the weapons pack. Simply deleting the weapondata.dat, and recreating one by validating the weapondata.ini with the weapon editor will usually fix this issue.