Sign in to follow this  
bortdafarm

AI MOD version 3 beta..

Great? You haven't seen 'great' yet! :good:

post-21726-1167183258_thumb.jpg

A 13-pounder edit. Armed with Maxim gun, burst length 50, ammo... 5000. Ass-kicking altitudes from 1 to 300 meters(or more.. well find out yourself :spiteful: ). Ballistic computer enabled, so they know where to shoot so that it hurts (but not too accurate anyway). :diablo:

Availability set to very_common so these guys might come in packs. They love airfields.

And.. the most amazing thing.. I did it the same way as with SPAD 12 so you keep 13-pounder and get this brand new killer.

Don't even think of flying straight when any number of these are about. :nono: MGs kill pilot, engine - everything, except fun :wink:

post-21726-1167183909_thumb.jpg

Installataion: same as spad - create folder AAMG in GroundObject, place ini-s there, copy texture folder from 13pdrAAA

P.S. Might be a good idea to do the same thing to German flak... and some repaint job.

AAMG.rar

OK cheers good stufff!! :good:

tell you what i something could be knocked up for the trenchs

a MG with a burst of one shot and a reload of 5 second or so would simulate the troops taking pot shots at you as you flew over...place one friendly one enemy all along the trench lines then when they weren't firing at you they'd be sniping at each other...instant ground troops effect

Funny, but I'm getting the impression that stock AI isn't that bad. It's just set up the wrong way. Otherwise such small tweak as AIMODs Aircraftobject wouldn't improve it's performance... but

AI Fokker doing some crazy maneuvering

post-21726-1167498114_thumb.jpg

Me, ripped by other Fokker. I noticed he was tailing me, tried to get away through a hard turn(SPAD.. hard turn.. :fool:) but as you see, it didn't help.

post-21726-1167498146_thumb.jpg

I do hope we'll get AI at least of YSFlight level :spiteful:

P.S. Ouch! I got rammed just now. I didn't touch controls - a Fokker just came from above and blew my wing to pieces...

Edited by Gr.Viper

yup... their maneuvers look insane and irrational but now they are extremely hard to hit. I've just seen a SPAD do high yo-yo. :pilot: IndioBlack should like it :tongue:

By the way individual AI settings in plane_data just seem to override the defaults 'cause two-seaters fly almost the same boring style

Now it would be nice to get these guys to shoot...

Somehow, I'm not satisfied with these results of shooting practice.

post-21726-1167591253_thumb.jpg

Thanks to capun for a hint

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=22137#22137

GunnerAimOffset=1.0000

CannonFireAngle=5.0

The log is after intercept flying Dh.2 against two-seaters. Unfortunately, no record of Instant Action is kept but I was shot down by a diving Fokker(Death from Above - pilot and fuel tank shot in one burst). And I saw SPAD taking shot at the side of a Fokker that was just passing by his sights.

I didn't pay attention when read the topic for the first time :tomato2:

Either we teach them to shoot or we teach them to hit. :sorry:

Anyway, with my flight settings AI pilots survive without extra armor :biggrin::dance:

I didn't pay attention when read the topic for the first time :tomato2:

Either we teach them to shoot or we teach them to hit. :sorry:

Anyway, with my flight settings AI pilots survive without extra armor :biggrin::dance:

it's getting the sods to do both (survive and get kills) that's the problem!!!

:ohmy:

Guys,

I am debating how to adjust the default armor thickness in AIRCRAFTDATA. I have the default armor set to wood and the thickness set to 25. How do we adjust the thickness to make the amount of damage a particular aircraft can take more realistic? The AI MOD 4 is great by the way!!! :good:

Guys,

I am debating how to adjust the default armor thickness in AIRCRAFTDATA. I have the default armor set to wood and the thickness set to 25. How do we adjust the thickness to make the amount of damage a particular aircraft can take more realistic? The AI MOD 4 is great by the way!!! :good:

Cheers MJ' :good: just increase or decrease the thickness for an overall effect...

Bortdafarm,

Good to hear from you. Nice work on the upcoming Eidecker!!! I wonder.... Is there a way to simulate shooting off the prop? I read where that was a problem for the Eindecker.

-MJ

Bortdafarm,

Good to hear from you. Nice work on the upcoming Eidecker!!! I wonder.... Is there a way to simulate shooting off the prop? I read where that was a problem for the Eindecker.

-MJ

cheers ... i don't think at first thought that you can damage parts of your aircraft with your own guns...dunno tho ??

Just been reading this thread for the first time.

I've some experience with the other Strike Fighters series of games and was wondering about changing the aircraft survivability ratings by using the same techniques.

In the aircraft _DATA.INI's try changing

DamageRating=DESTROYED to DamageRating=DISABLED throughout

Adding armour type ALUMINIUM instead of WOOD?

Adding StructuralFactor=1.5 or greater where default is 1.0 . This one is used in big aircraft, eg B-17s etc.

For the AI continue changing the entries in the AIRCRAFTOBJECT.INI . The SF UBAR AI Mod is a good place to start (see CombatAce downloads section).

Cheers,

Battler

Oh, and the aircraft _DATA.INI's have to go in the aircraft folder, not the Objects folder, for them to work.

And if you want the gun changes to take effect you not only have to modify the GUNDATA.INI but load it into the Gun Editor (downloadable from the Utilities section at Thirdwire) and then save it to the GUNDATA.DAT, or else it won't work.

Oh yes, just remembered.

To increase the damage capacity of all aircraft in the game edit the AIRCRAFTOBJECT.INI (found in the ObjectData.cat file).

At the top of the file edit the VolumeStructurePoint entry. This is the amount of 'damage points' each part of the aircraft can take before becoming damaged.

So to increase all damage ratings by 10 just add a 0 on, eg:

[AircraftData]

DataDirectory=Aircraft

TextFile=AircraftText.str

[GameObjectData]

MinSystemHitChance=25

//VolumeStructurePoint=1000

VolumeStructurePoint=10000

Elasticity=0.2

Try that...

Cheers,

Battler