Sign in to follow this  
tank03

Israel 2 problem?

Nearly everytime I try to use the new Israel 2 terrain (I'm using SFP1) the program crashes and cuts to the desktop. I've tried with the F-15A, A-4E, A-10A, F-16A IDF, and the new KfirC7; all on strike missions. I had tried to adjust the base size for each aircraft to SMALL as suggested in the knowledge base, but it had little effect. Am I doing something wrong? They all seem to work fine with the previous Israel terrain.

Edited by tank03

Do you has installed all files? It seems to be, that something is missing in the game.

If so, please test it with a stock plane like the F-4E. Could be, that the planes cause the crash. But the most of this birds i use myself without problems.

When did the game crashes? On the runway? or during loading? Does it run if you start in the air?

Edited by Gepard

Do you has installed all files? It seems to be, that something is missing in the game.

If so, please test it with a stock plane like the F-4E. Could be, that the planes cause the crash. But the most of this birds i use myself without problems.

When did the game crashes? On the runway? or during loading? Does it run if you start in the air?

It crashes while loading. Strangely, it does work about 2 out of every 10 tries (using the same a/c, parameters, etc). I've tried starting both in the air and on the runway without any luck. I'm pretty sure I loaded it correctly- I even deleted it and reloaded to see if that had helped, but no luck.

I'll try it out with the F-4E and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Edited by tank03

I tried it with the F-4E, strike mission, starting in the air and it worked fine. I suppose this suggests that there is an issue with the add-on aircraft I've been attempting to use. Any ideas on how I can get them to work?

Please test it also with the other stock planes. Perhaps it is also a problem with the desert tileset that cause the CTD. At the moment i rework the tileset, to solve some problems. Perhaps it is responsible for your problem too.

Please test it also with the other stock planes. Perhaps it is also a problem with the desert tileset that cause the CTD. At the moment i rework the tileset, to solve some problems. Perhaps it is responsible for your problem too.

Before you added your additional tile set, I had loaded up Dueces Desert Terrain which fixed Israel 2, Libya and Desert Storm terrains just fine.

Check the Knowledge Base "Aircraft CTD & Low FPS".

It may help.

I tried using the stock A-4 and F-100, strike mission, starting in the air. They both worked about 50% of the time. The rest of the tries they would CTD while loading.

Strange. Should run without problems. Strange.

Let see what i can do. But finally i have no idea at the moment.

Strange. Should run without problems. Strange.

Let see what i can do. But finally i have no idea at the moment.

I'm still able to use the previous Israel terrain you made, so I can just make do with that; all is not lost. Thanks for your suggestions and, especially, thanks for sharing your terrains.

Do you use the latest patch of SFP1? If not, perhaps it could help to switch off the new watereffects (Water detail set to low or medium)