Nieuport 28

Nieuport 28 C.1

There is no own cockpit yet, tw used the one from SPAD13

Textures are applied only for testin...

No damage nodes yet lol

FM:

[FlightControl] DONE

[AircraftData] (with inertia Rx=0.396 Ry=0.387 Rz=0.548) DONE

Aero Coefficients not edited (left as by Spad)

[Engine] DONE

[Guns] DONE

You are free to post screennshots!!

I could not do the compleate testing of the plane on my PC , coz of VideoCard problems (3d mode died)=> See no fire, no pilot, no cocklpit details, no sky and no ground..

My screenshots look owful, thats why i posting a link to the Mod(WIP)...

http://emld.de/mxcl/downloads/N28.rar

Waiting for your comments to FM and geometry. :)

Edited by EmlD

The model looks nice, didn't give any CTD or lag yet...

But couple of things could use some fixing

1. Pilot is placed too low. :crazy:

img00371.jpg

2. No prop :no:

img00372.jpg

Will there be some gunsight thingie? It was a bit difficult to down a Fokker...

For the first time I've flown a concrete plane... :rofl:

Nice work, keep it up :good:

Could you share the prop creation procedure with me ? :this:

And could someone post a screenshot fiering from cockpit, i won to see where the bullets are flying (central or not very)

Thanx!

Edited by EmlD

Hi EmlD...Just a quick comment, its WILDCARD SATURDAY for the NFL. :clapping: Took a quick spin and she's looking pretty good. The pilot position can be fixed by making the pilot position in the data.ini match the one in the cockpit.ini (cockpit.ini is the correct postition).

Here's the screenshot of the guns. Looks like its centered pretty good to me. :good:

guns.jpg

Thank you sir! Looks nice!

Shoud i place any aiming thinge? Nieuport had no, i think... But if yes.... where to connect it?.. to Fuselage?

(Pilot position udjusted and rar repacked) :clapping:

Now => getting started with the Propeller hehe...

Well, fine... I can do without the gunsight :smile: It'll take some time to get used to guns position, though. By the way, why did they use such placement?

Good question! I think, becouse of additional tank of 45 liters in the right side in the nose...to compence its waight....but may be not

n28_fuelsys.jpg

lol

Edited by EmlD

Maybe not the weight but the space taken by it was the reason. MGs have to be fed with ammo and having an ammo cache right trough the fuel tank would be asking for trouble :spiteful:

Anyway is it possible to, well... model tank placement? For shooting purposes :crazy: Recently I became rather interested with blowing SPADs to pieces with one burst at the wing tank :wink:

Good Job!

A few remarks

Cockpit: Clock needs a fix

Motor: Engine does not rotate (wasn´t a rotation engine?)

Ailerons working reversed

IdlePropRPM=25 (little bit slow?)

Aber ein geiles Teil! :ok:

U ever seen flyboys? they had gunsight on the gun itself, it adds great visual appearance, and people with track ir would be able to actually aim with it. I remember it was pretty kickass to watch the huge reticule find the stabilizor pin as he was aiming right on the germans head xD For those without, u can just add a very little dot on the cockpit front wind shield at the point where the bullets converge.

And also u might consider adding moving hammer animation on the MG. for the W model just make the mg black, for the Cockpit model, make it alot more detailed, as per SE5-fokker and such.

Salute!

RVH

post-21120-1168134380_thumb.png

Edited by Red Von Hammer

post-18248-1168291008_thumb.jpg

Very nice model, good job. :good: Anybody want the "cheesy" paint job I

"whipped out" for it? :lol:

Edited by Bwf

For those without, u can just add a very little dot on the cockpit front wind shield at the point where the bullets converge.

Or, you can wrap a couple of steel cords around your monitor so that they'll cross in the centre of the screen :crazy:

Hi! Yep... i had a idea to animate MGs too (like SPADs MGs), i tried it to do within 10 first frames, but what is the further procedure? Pleas help :)

EmlD

well nice work 8)

only thing I feel are a bit off other than whats been covered here :

Guns may be a bit to lethal, or My gunnery got way good over nite 8)

It soen't seem to be as responsive as I have read in books about. Seems like this plane should be more agile just a bit.

Needs something more than a concrete paint work. Send us a template for the paint job if you can.

Thanks much

well nice work 8)

It soen't seem to be as responsive as I have read in books about. Seems like this plane should be more agile just a bit.

Needs something more than a concrete paint work. Send us a template for the paint job if you can.

Thanks much

Yes, good idea bout template, but only to the Nose are mapping coordinates applied.... other parts mapping will come soon :this: Then i will add the template to the pack.

How do you think? I read this :

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bb...;f=165;t=000343

And meybe we should let the N28 without aiming dot to make you feel like pilots and not like God? I agree with Gottedammerung about the reality of FE....

Edited by EmlD

Guest capun
Hi! Yep... i had a idea to animate MGs too (like SPADs MGs), i tried it to do within 10 first frames, but what is the further procedure? Pleas help :)

EmlD

Have you read ThirdWire Exporter notes? They are here in the download section I think under utilities.

The animation specs are there. To recap

- All Animation controllers must be set to TCB

- No Scale data is exported

- You get 10 AnimationID's, 10 frames each

- Frame 0 must not have any animation, it is the clean flying configuration, all control surfaces in neutral position.

After that you need to declare the animation in the plane_Data.ini file, use one of the newer stock plane data ini file as a reference.

Aiming? If you gotta use the sight, you're too far away. :pilot::biggrin:

I think, for those without Track IR4, like in CFS series, you use buttons to slide to the side, so u can actually aim with the mgs. But I don`t know if this is doable. Would certainly add a nice immersion :D

S!

RVH

well nice work 8)

Thanks much

Unless EmlD changed something with the guns they should be the same Vickers MGs used by the stock aircraft in the game. I agree about the manouverability. See the comments here. More technical data (wing loading) here and here.

EmlD...Another question. Did you happen to use pre-patch files for your cockpit and Data.ini?

EmlD...Another question. Did you happen to use pre-patch files for your cockpit and Data.ini?

Thanx for advices Tailspin and Capun! I had the exporter Help file, but maybe i missed (overead) the controller thingie lol

I am not sure what you mean with pre-patch...sorry...maybe you mean if i applied patch befor i start to edit the FM...then i say no i did not :)

Yes. What I wondered was if you used the SPAD data.ini file from before the patch...which it looks like you did. I think this may cause problems with the flight model (for people using the new patch) because a lot of the variables (data tables) were changed with the patch. I "fixed" the broken clock by using the "new" (after patch) cockpit ini. Just as a test, and to try and get more manouverability, I substituted the "after patch" SE5 data .ini (mixing the N28 specific data with the aerodynamic data from the SE5a) and the Nieuport 28 flys very nicely. :biggrin: What I was really hoping for was that using the FM from a post-patch aircraft would solve the AI problem 3rd party planes are having with looping, stalling, and crashing into the ground. Didn't work. :dntknw: Anyway, I can only offer encouragement. The model looks good. I'm sure you'll get the flight model worked out and all the details working. Looking forward to the finished product. Thanks for letting us be your "BETA testers" and putting up with our comments. :good:

I also would like to add it was great fun using your Beta N28 in a MP skirmish yesterday :)

mrcraig and me had great fun blasting Fokkers out of the skies :D

Thanks again, and I further look forward for your beatiful N28 :)

Salute!

RVH

I thank you people too! I hope you will keep in touch till we get this bird compleate (maybe longer lol)

So, my wife had a Birthday today (with party etc.) but i found few minutes to solve some questions HWG

Additions (thanx to your testings and advices)

1. Pilot position edited z: from 0.16 to 0.6 (please check)

2. Static Prop added (Slow and fast nodes are in production - how get i TGA transparent, maybe cutting on Alfa layer?)

3. Static prop texture done

4. Ailerons reverced

5. MGs shooting animation DONE (Used GunFireAnimationID 7 and 8...is fire still here...can't see because of Geforce problem lol)

6. Gear struts edited

N.28.rar updated....

Tailspun, if you edited the FM for N28 and it got more manouverability (N28 was better then SPAS in manouver)...you can send me the data....

But please explane, how do i udjust the climbrate (SPAD13=460 m/min to N28=500 m/min) and the manouverability.

Wish you blue skies and never jumming MGs lol :pilot::ok:

Edited by EmlD