Sign in to follow this  
EmlD

Nieuport 28

Yes TexMurphy, than was the final touch that the plane needed! Thank you. I tested it, and i like it..What do say other testers? :grin:

There is one problem with last FM...when i start on runway, the plane goes to the left side.. and extreamely...like i do use the ruder hard left.....and in the sky the same...

I calibrated my joy, it didnt help... anyone feels the same left side drag?

Ill have a look at it and fix it...

Edit: Ive tested takeoffs on both hard and normal and they work well... on hard you do feel the torque so you need to apply throttle slowly but its still a very easy plane to take off on hard... compared to say Camel...

Edited by TexMurphy

Just a quick test flight...didn't notice any excessive torque effects. Good job Tex. :good:

EmlD

I have a few questions.... It doesn't look like the eng has a mapping coord yet?

img00013.jpg

and can you add a map coord for this white spont on the tail

img00021.jpg

Many thanks

Edited by Firecage

<----------------What's This???

Edited by Bwf

Glas... could you please try to make the glass look like the glass does on the PfalzD3? It would do alot!!

Tex

<----------------What's This???

Oh, that? :biggrin: Thats a moderator tool for folks who've been misbehaving. You get a warning, it goes on the "warning level meter" with a written explanation so other mods can keep track of things like that. Don't worry, only you can see your own meter.

Oh, that? :biggrin: Thats a moderator tool for folks who've been misbehaving. You get a warning, it goes on the "warning level meter" with a written explanation so other mods can keep track of things like that. Don't worry, only you can see your own meter.

Thanks for the "info", must have been added with the new "format", never noticed it before. :blind:

Is it out yet?

Not quite. EmlD is still fine tuning and adding the damage modeling. You can get a Beta version here in this thread if you like.

Never mind, Firecage beat me to it. :good:

Hallo everybody! :clapping:

Today......just updated the N28.rar

14.Added third level of detail with UVW coordinates

15.Reduced polygon count from 4227 to 4108 (TexMurphy rported a ...HUUUUGE FPS DROP when you get close to it...) :) Hope it helpes.

16.Edited FM, reduced rudder effect, inputs calmed down, increased the drag from use of inputs (Thank you TexMurphy)

17.Additional corrections in mapping and polly-count on nose, engine, ailerons and elevators (Thanx to Firecage).

18.Reduced polys to 3892 in LOD, 2064 in LOD2, 1513 in LOD3.

coming soon

1. Damage nodes with textures

Thanx you all, you do a great job!, and you give me a huge motivation! :grin::good::good:

Hey Emil, thanks for the work. This is a cool aircraft and a must have for FE. Keep up the good work pal... :fans:

The low polys still didnt do it. Is there a way to remove the first level of detail? When we fly the N28 online, it`s incredibly laggy, We tried making the Lod001 to appear at 3 meters, no positive results, tryed deleting the entire entry, no positive results.

S!

RvH

16.Edited FM, reduced rudder effect, inputs calmed down, increased the drag from use of inputs

EmID,

Your Nieuport is exquisitely done. I downloaded the beta yesterday and flew it most of the night (yes, Friday night, I have a toddler at home... :tongue: )

I was going to post to mention the rudder response was a bit too much (yikes!), and while the Nieuport line were awesome AC, it really made it into a super-uber-plane, but you read my mind. I can hardly wait to download and try this version tonight!!!

Thanks for the great work, my French pilot, Major Doutie also thanks you :biggrin: he's tired of flying Salmsons and SPADs only...

Best regards...

Nice work 8) this is a sweet plane I like the changes you did. Thanks :clapping:

RedHammer

Go into the Nieuport28.ini file and change shadow from TRUE to FALSE. Then the frame rates will return to normal.

Edward

Here small preview of damage lookslike :cool:

DMOD1.jpg

Please... how do i use "_holes.tga" in FE?

How can i make an tga in Photoshop, that works for holes, (alfa, transparencety that works in FE).... tutorial maybe anywhere to look on?

Thanx

Edited by EmlD

EmID

Speakin of the shadows.... I dont know how the shadow file works but is it a 3D model of its own or is it generated?

Both your plane and the DH2 show huge increase when you turn of the shadow casting... this would make me assume that the shadow file is the problem. If it is a 3D model that is the shadow then make it as low poly count as possible.. if it is generated make sure to generate it of the LOD with the lowest detail...

Tex

First thing I ever did was turning of the shadow, it lags just as much. Also tryed messing with the LOD entries, with same results.

S!

RvH

Ive found a few errors in the data.ini file I will fix them so please wait for the fixes before you release.

Also Ive noted one thing. The plane dives extreamly well and can reach 220mph in a dive and easily recover it. The N28 was known for its fabric ripping of the top wing in dives, meaning not good dive characteristics. I will try to do something about this that would mimic the problem of ripping wings. We cant do wings destroying by speed but Im thinking maybe we could model some compression characteristics. I will look at it when I look at the other issues.

Tex

TexMurphy, please download the last update of N28_data.ini befor you will fix errors, i have made some changes...(23.=>)

19.Made 4th LOD with only 881 polys.

20.Exported 4th LOD as shadow too -------------->(Thanx to TexMurphy and Red Von Hammer posts)

21.Edited LOD loading distance in N28.ini (100, 250, 500, 6000)

22.Compleate damage nodes ----------------------------->(hope you like it...or offer your changes)

23. Edited Vtail section in data.ini (detach vs remove...)

coming soon

1. Damage textures as "..._holes.tga"???------------------> (just dont know how to. What is the procedure? Where i have them to apply?)

2. TexMurphy will fix some errors, he found in data.ini

Thanx!