Sign in to follow this  
Firecage

Winter Terrain Pack - Firecage/Tridyed Production

Ok newest pics and the Winter Terrain pack should be available here in the next 20 mins. :clapping:

I am releasing a bit early and the buildings are not done but pretty much all the rest can be used well.

WWI_Winter.gif

Edited by Firecage

Got the file but I have a question. Please explain for us Dumbies :blind: what files you have in all the folders shown in this jpg you included with the dowload.

Thanks ............... Hitech

Looks good firecage!

How many posts does one need to make in order to be allowed to download files? Is this some thing new? I have downloaded planes and other files from here in the last week or so without encountering this restriction.

Sorry I may have forgot to add the Install file. I will correct it and re upload today but for now heres the path...

savehere.jpg

1st off go to the First Eagles\WWI\Terrain\ and make a folder named orig files. and move all your current files to that folder from the WWIVerdun folder (If you haven't extracted any terrain files from the wwiVerdun.cat then you will only have the wwiVerdun.cat file to move).

This will be either your backups or my Summer pack (sorry a little self promo there) So when you want it to be summer again its easy.

The way I have mine is TKs orig in the Orig Files folder and I have one folder for my summer pack and one for winter.

Which ever set you want to use currently goes into the WWIVerdun folder.

Have fun and enjoy.... I will add the installation file to the zips , my bad for not getting them in there :blink:

Edited by Firecage

Firecage,

Nicely executed! If you don't mind the off-hand compliment, this looks a lot better than the images in the other thread a few weeks ago. I've downloaded and look forward to trying the misisons too...

Best regards

Firecage (and anyone else working on new terrrains), as I was installing this new terrain, I thought that terrains in FE should work the same as those in TK's other sims. So, I created a new folder called "wwiVerdun winter" and unzipped your terrain files to it. Then I copied the wwiVerdun.ini file to this folder and renamed it "wwiVerdun winter.ini". I opened this file and added the following line:

CatFile=..\wwiVerdun\wwiVerdun.cat

I placed this at the end of the [Terrain] section. This line points to the original Verdun terrain .cat file.

Now, when I open FE and set up a single mission, I have both the original and new winter terrains in the drop down terrain menu. However, when I select the winter terrain and try to fly a mission, FE crashes back to the desktop at about 80% loaded. I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track, just need to do a little more research. If we can get this resolved, it will be simple to have multiple terrains available for missions. Maybe someone here has experience with SFP1, WOV, and/or WOE terrains and can help out?

Thumper

punt.

any progress on this?

I have the same problem and Im not gonna be arsed moving files around when I want to play different maps... so we need to crack this one... anyone with ideas?

Tex

punt.

any progress on this?

I have the same problem and Im not gonna be arsed moving files around when I want to play different maps... so we need to crack this one... anyone with ideas?

Tex

Its not the fix but I put a utility at CA terrain area that will switch them all out in a button push... I use it all the time for the terrain swaps.

Here

So far no luck with this. I'm hoping the SimHQ forums will be back up soon so I can do some research there. I feel like I'm missing some tiny little piece that will make this all come together. I'll keep trying.

Thumper

Guest IndioBlack
Its not the fix but I put a utility at CA terrain area that will switch them all out in a button push... I use it all the time for the terrain swaps.

Here

I'm sure we all appreciate the idea behind this one-button idea, Firecage. But most of us got very used to the system of terrain-swapping which began with Strike Fighters and has been subsequently used in Wings over Vietnam and Wings over Europe.

We like the way you can swap terrains whilst you're in the game, and not have to go out to the desktop.

Surely the in-game system will work with First Eagles, and surely some Terrain makers will know how to fix it.

Hey Thumper, perhaps this question should be asked on one of the other Forums: Like the Strike Fighters one here. Maybe some of the terrain designers just haven't migrated to First Eagles yet

Np at all. FE is my first and only Third wire sim... I don/t like the WWII stuff much and flew IL2 when I wanted that and I don't do Jet sims. TO boing for me. Im sure they are great games just not my bag of tea.

If TK has it in the other sims then I'm sure It can be done here as well. I'm just using the external switcher till I see something better come along.