Sign in to follow this  
195th_Sith

Strike fighters service pack 2??

I know this has probably been asked a billion and a half times, but I dont recall hearing anything in quite some time about service pack 2? When will it be out? What will it include? Are there going to be major changes to the sim due to it being so long between patch releases? Maybe more regular updates on it's progress would be helpful.

Just an idea.

S!

Last word from TK was that it was about to enter Beta testing. That will pretty much decide what makes it into the release version of SP2...

as I remember it was indicated beta testing had begun on TW web site when it was back online, so early march.

It was a TK post over at SimHQ in one of the threads over there asking about when the next patch would be out. Should be able to find it using their Search Function.

lol

its prolly bout 3 or 4 weeks away

as for the post regarding TK andx the patch on SIMHQ.

theres about 100 of them.. :)

lol

its prolly bout 3 or 4 weeks away

Guess that depends on how well the Beta testing goes ( like last time ). Here's to everything going "right" & the patch being released around the end of the month, middle of next, at the latest...

mid july..still no second patch..last I checked it was march..checked TW site about a month ago..saw the update..not much has changed it seems..oh well..back to Falcon.

DK

Guest Sony Tuckson

BTW it's only June by now

but yes, sp2 is still not here :wink:

june, july, arf...these J month, all the same....;)

Guest Ranger332

hate to seem to put a damper on things but rember the first service pack was just released 6 mo ago

"Service Pack 1 Released Jan 2003"

it will come when its ready just rember to that alot of things will be released right after meny new aircraft,terraines are forth comming,and the "skinners will go into overdrive once the new jets are released.;)

"dont worry be happy"

Guest Sony Tuckson

I don't worry

Just pointing a small fact

and be assured I can wait

so much work in progress I don't even have time to suffer from any drawback of the sim as it is....

BTW it's only June by now

but yes, sp2 is still not here  :wink:

Mid June, which is now, should have been the release date at the latest....

TK mentioned that beta testing had started a LOOONNNGGG time ago. Feels like they are NEVER going to get this thing online...

Oh well... :roll:

Yes, the waiting is most frustrating. However, there are so many talented people working on improvements to this sim. I must acknowledge their efforts, to be sure.

I can wait. It's not like the game as it stands is not fun, because it is a blast! I gotta tell you though, I am looking forward to my first "takeoff" in an A-7 (with VA-15 markings, of course...), and fully armed.

Navychief

MajorLee posted over at SimHQ that the patch is still in beta testing. So it's still hurry up & wait time... :roll:

Guest Sony Tuckson
Its been in testing for months now. Quite ridiculous actually....

I don't agree

If we want something good, it needs testing, and a good one

People complaint something is not good, but when they have to wait for corrections, it's too long....

one needs to know what it wants

Hey, I know everybody (including me) is anxious for the next Service Pack, or patch, for SF....but does anybody remember another game that people kept pushing, and pushing to get....I believe it was called...um...Falcon 4.0??? Ring any bells?? Point is, I'm as anxious for the updates to SF as the next guy, but, patience is a virtue! (Especially if they get it right!)

Hi Guys

In french we said :

" Plus c'est long, plus c'est bon"

That's mean, more is long, more is best

Antoher says :

" Patience et longueur de temps font plus que force ni que rage"

But it seems too hard for translate for me....

Let me put another perspective on this.

IL2 First patch 45 days after release of the sim, second patch was 60 days after that, third to add new a/c only and tweak flight models according to newly found data was 45 days after that, last patch before fb was to add the stuka as flyable, tweak the FW 190 FMs and make the sound files editable..gee..all done within six months time of release..IL2 FB was also in development during this time..hmmmm..anybody getting my point? IL2 FB was then released after beta 6 months later..its been out for..3 months..first patch for it to add more aircraft has already been released..not a whole lot of bugs to begin with in either of them on release..dev time was less..team size about the same as on SP1..oleg doing most of the coding..Wow..gee whiz..maybe TK should give Oleg a call..

DK