Sign in to follow this  
RangerX3X

Wings Over Vietnam Multiplayer

Is there a way to select load outs for multiplayer in this game? Everytime I play a game with my friends, the load out selection is grayed out and all we can do is start or exit the mission.

Unfortunately, that's it.

Weapons load is determined by what plane and what your mission is. I think there's an .ini file somewhere that you can adjust to change that, but you can't make it change without adjusting the file outside the game each time.

For me, the worst is the A-10. The MP loadout has LGBs and no Mavericks which is just wrong.

Set your default strike loadout for example to something you want for the year you plan on playing and it will show up. When I use the F-16C BLK 52, I have it set up with LGB's, drop tanks, AMRAAM, ECM pod and winders and they show up everytime.

Here is what I mean.

Loadout[01].WeaponType=AIM-120C

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=AIM-120C

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].WeaponType=AIM-9L

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=AIM-9L

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[14].WeaponType=GBU-10D

Loadout[14].Quantity=1

Loadout[15].WeaponType=GBU-10D

Loadout[15].Quantity=1

Loadout[11].WeaponType=F16WTank

Loadout[11].Quantity=1

Loadout[12].WeaponType=F16WTank

Loadout[12].Quantity=1

Loadout[13].WeaponType=ALQ-184(V)2

Loadout[13].Quantity=1

Loadout[18].WeaponType=LIGHTNINGPOD

Loadout[18].Quantity=1

Works great.

Yeah, I hate the lack of guided munitions too. I personally won't get out of bed to go mud moving if my loadout's only going to consist of a few Mk. 82s. I'm pretty sure it all works fine but every now and again there can be issues with the loadout.inis and multiplayer. Just make sure everyone's using the same files, everything should be good as gold.