Sign in to follow this  
Firecage

Man its like christmas around here every day ... SchuckertD3

SchuckertD3 from A team

Amazing turn fighter for the germans. This thing is a serious challenger to the bristol.

post-21750-1169884032_thumb.jpg

Edited by Firecage

Amazing turn fighter for the germans. This thing is a serious challenger to the bristol.

post-21750-1169884283_thumb.jpg

Edited by Firecage

Where can you claim your latest Siemens christmas present, this looks fantastic!!!

Do you have a link???

Jasta15

Just downloaded and flew with around 15 others Schuckert III's in Single Mission mode. Has anyone else noticed that the AI aircraft climb steeply, stall turn and then dive to the ground and generally crash into the ground. 6-7 aircraft crashed before we made contact with the enemy planes?

The Skunkworks FE planes are generally tuned for "normal" flight model. Have you got "Hard" setting enabled for flight model? I know most people usually do set everything to hard, but you may have to turn it down to "normal" for the ai to be able to handle the add-on planes.

Just a thought.

Guest capun

Remember that our FM is tuned for Normal mode. I see the problem only if I set my plane is autopilot at low altitude.

Until Charles comes back from the beach, change this in the data ini

[Fuselage]

ModelNodeName=Fuselage

ShowFromCockpit=TRUE

HasAeroCoefficients=TRUE

CLa=0.0259

CD0=0.0075

CDL=0.0001

Cm0=-0.0001

Cmq=-0.7366

Cmad=-0.2433

Cyb=-1.0278 ; try this value, it was -0.0278 before

I tested one thing with the Pfalz DIII, I changed the maxdeflection on the left and right elevator control surfaces from 25.0 to 30.0, I was then able to do loops if I had sufficient energy. I donno how the Siemens D3 is but you could try putting in 5 more in value on the max deflection on the control surfaces and see if a roll/loop is practiceable.

Good luck!

RvH

Remember that our FM is tuned for Normal mode. I see the problem only if I set my plane is autopilot at low altitude.

Until Charles comes back from the beach, change this in the data ini

[Fuselage]

ModelNodeName=Fuselage

ShowFromCockpit=TRUE

HasAeroCoefficients=TRUE

CLa=0.0259

CD0=0.0075

CDL=0.0001

Cm0=-0.0001

Cmq=-0.7366

Cmad=-0.2433

Cyb=-1.0278 ; try this value, it was -0.0278 before

Capun. I have found flying this plane you have to use the rudder correctly to get out of that inward spin problem. Is it true the AI don't use rudders and could that be some of what we are fighting?

Firecage

Very good find and I do assume that you are right as indeed the AI doesnt use rudder which is extreamly frustrating...

Tex

Has the AI now so called fixed the Schuck III crashing, I have downloaded again the updated version of the Schuck III and it still seems to do it? The problem is that in Normal mode the aircraft were still corkscrewing to the ground and crashing (Press F10 and watch when you are in autopilot). Some of the aircraft would then take off with part of the top wing missing or just spiral on its nose on the ground. The latest update did not seem to fix or I am doing something wrong?????

Jasta15

Haven't seen the AI spiralling in but did notice that in S+Level flight at full power it couldn't do more than 80mph.

It should be able to do around 110mph.

Maybe up the power rating?