Sign in to follow this  
Shin_kazama

Su-27 Flanker "cobra-able"?

LOMAC doesn't do it for "real", it's a scripted thing with a special key press. They put it in there because so many people wanted to do it.

The SFP series has no such option.

lol here we go with Monty Python..

Anyways, you have to be below 450 km/h in order for it to work. Then you press "K" and it does it, and then you move on. Generally it's described as the "AoA limiter OFF key" which enables you to do it. Note you also have to pull on the stick, it just doesn't happen automatically.

Well, according to HrnFixr (henceforth to be referred to as "SuBrkr"), if you hit the "D" button at any speed in SF/FF/WoV/WoE/FE, you'll hear a warning tone that sounds like "Durdurdur", and whichever aerial conveyance you may be in, will perform a maneuver called the "Hissing Viper". Immediately upon hearing this, I fired up Google, looked up "Hissing Viper", and read the following:

Habitat and Habits: A snake of open, sandy woodlands - found in the wooded dunes of western Michigan. The upturned snout is used to burrow after toads, a favorite food. When threatened, hognose snakes puff up with air, flatten their necks and bodies, and hiss loudly. (This has led to local names like "puff adder" or "hissing viper.") If this act is unsuccessful, they will writhe about, excrete a foul smelling musk, and then turn over with mouth agape and lie still, as though dead. Despite this intimidating behavior, Hog-nosed snakes are harmless to humans.

Now, knowing that USAFMTL is a native of Michigan (and that the aforementioned Hrntfxr is always setting him up), I smelled a rat....or was it just the airframe excreting a foul smelling musk as it rolled over, intake agape, and lay still?

Right! Stop that! It's SILLY. Very SILLY indeed! Started off as a nice little idea about Flankers doing Cobra maneuvers, but now it's just got SILLY! Now, nobody likes a good laugh more than I do... except, perhaps my wife... and some of her friends. Oh, yes, and Captain Johnson. Come to think of it, most people like a good laugh more than I do, but that's beside the point!

Edited by Caesar

I didn't break the SU!?!?!?! But your video shows a really good "Cobra" going on there.

As for the "Hissing Viper" thats a deadly manuver that only a few have recovered from..... ask USAFMTL... it's sometimes jokingly called the "meatchicken" by western forces.... but I assure you it's nothing to be taken lightly my friend.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

What is the speed of an unladden swallow?

:crazy:

African or European?

How do you know so much about swallows? :huh: