Where can i find the best cockpit/FM for WOV for these 2 planes flayble: F-86 and MiG-15. (For the F-86, i guess I'm looking for the F model because i think that sortof equals the MiG-15 in terms of weight, speed, and maneuverability. Any links would be appreciated, i looked here at the download section but didn't exactly find what i was looking for. If there is any other sites that host WOV stuff please post them. Thanks in advance!

In the SF d/ls section, you'll find MK2's repaints of the Skyhawk pit for use with the Migs (etc). There's a green and a black dashboard version.

The only problem with that is, it uses the stock A-4B cockpit ini, which puts the pilot in the wrong place.

What I've done (kinda experimenting with upgrading them a little) is the following:

1) Extract the A-4B_cockpit.ini

2) Place in (this case,) the MiG-15s folder.

3) Rename to "Mig15_cockpit.ini"

4) Make sure the pointer in the MiG-15bis.ini points to your new cockpit ini (ie:CockpitDataFile=Mig15_cockpit.ini)

5) Adjust pilot position as follows:

(you may wish to copy/paste the following date OVER the existing lines in your new cockpit ini)

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=a-4b_cockpit

Offset=0.0,-0.08,-0.03

Position=0.0,1.437,0.658

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

MaxYaw=152

MinYaw=-152

MaxPitch=90

MinPitchFront=-43

MinPitchRear=-20

LightRange=1.5

LightInnerConeAngle=43

LightOuterConeAngle=60

LightAngles=0.0,-35.0,0.0

DiffuseLightFactor=0.5

NightLightOn=0.55

you'll notice it's been move more towards the center, based on pilot position in the data ini. Also, I've turned the light one earlier (NightLightOn= line -- thats a Moonjumper fix, btw). That should get you pretty close to the actual physical position you see on the outside view. Feel free to tweek/adjust/fine tune the pilot position you your liking.

I also have a new soviet gunsight for it too, and if anyone is interested, I'll upload it. That way, you ain't stuck using the USN Mk.8.

Wrench

Kevin Stein

If you're handy with a paint or photo-editing app, you can also mod AD's Su-17 'pit, into a passable MiG-15 'pit, like so:

gallery_279_43_145709.jpg

why are there no accurate MiG-15 cockpit? So i have to use A-4 or MiG-17's cockpit?

There is no MiG-17 pit. That's an Su-17 'pit in the image. The MiG-17 cockpit model, if one existed, would be all but indistinguishable from that of the '15.

The reason there is no cockpit for either can be chalked up to a lack-of-demand. Also, accurate cockpits are much harder to model than the aircraft themselves, often taking twice as much time.

Someone was working on a MiG-15 cockpit a year ago, and then dropped out of sight.

ah that's a shame, i thought the MiG-15 would be in high demand though. Since the MiG-15 and the F-86 face-off a lot during the Korean war

And if you wait Fubar, Tazkiller and I along with our team are re working the Korean mod I started in November. I think you will not be disappointed.

For Zur's Sabre, how accurate is that cockpit?

It's an F-86F pit.

For Zur's Sabre, how accurate is that cockpit?

As accurate as I could make it... within the constraints of the game.

I used a host of online images and and actual -1 doc. In a nutshell... it's as accurate as I could get at the time. (Could get alot more accurate now though)...

Hmmm... Did I just volenteer for a side project?

As accurate as I could make it... within the constraints of the game.

I used a host of online images and and actual -1 doc. In a nutshell... it's as accurate as I could get at the time. (Could get alot more accurate now though)...

Hmmm... Did I just volenteer for a side project?

Well since we are butthole deep revamping my original Korea mod, you up for model specific pits.....after all you just volunteered..... :biggrin:

I think they're the same, just the MiG-15 pack has more skins. There is no dedicated MiG-15 pit.

No difference, still uses the A-4B pit. (open the Mig-15bis.ini, and you'll see the pointer "CockpitDataFile=A-4B_Cockpit.ini")

So, unless Fubar wants to cut loose with the modded Fitter pit...

(or, at least tell us what's needed to tweek it :) )

Wrench

Kevin Stein