Sign in to follow this  
TurtleHawk

Are Laser Guided Weapons modeled?

I've searched the forums, but could not find any reference to employing laser guided weapons.

I couldn't find a "activate laser" key or anything like that. Are they accurately model? Do you have to be playing on easy, normal, hard?

Thanks for any help or advice.

I actually got a tutorial in use in the works (or I gotta fix some mission issues) for LGBs, but here's the PDF:

http://562.50megs.com/WOE/Tutorials/GWU.zip

Thanks, Flanker562. The tutorial was helpful.

Need to d/l the bombing range. Practice, practice, practice...

Is the LANTIRN included in the Weapons Pack?

I think that's the problem. I haven't been loading a LANTIRN with the LGBs.

Thanks, Flanker562. The tutorial was helpful.

Need to d/l the bombing range. Practice, practice, practice...

Is the LANTIRN included in the Weapons Pack?

I think that's the problem. I haven't been loading a LANTIRN with the LGBs.

depending on the aircraft that is rather important. Sometimes you need to load the pod, and sometimes its incorporated in the aircraft. In the weapons pack pdf there is a pretty good description of that.

depending on the aircraft that is rather important. Sometimes you need to load the pod, and sometimes its incorporated in the aircraft. In the weapons pack pdf there is a pretty good description of that.

True that, on the later W.German F4's you have to place the pavespike on the A/C. Or if you are using the F15E its already incorporated into the weapons systems

I saw that the Paveway magically follows the target and boom!Of course you have to be in a good range,altitude and position.

And BTW,anyone know what I have to press to show the bombsight?

(Oh,a bit offtopic,but,why the secondary fire doesn´t work?)

I saw that the Paveway magically follows the target and boom!Of course you have to be in a good range,altitude and position.

And BTW,anyone know what I have to press to show the bombsight?

(Oh,a bit offtopic,but,why the secondary fire doesn´t work?)

That's okay. I didn't think you went off topic. Actually, what you describe is what my problem was, i wasn't getting the BOOM! :dntknw:

And thanks for all of the other replies. I need to pay closer attention to arming each aircraft. Some may require a targeting pod(LANTIRN/PAVESPIKE?), some have it built into the targeting system.

Is that about right?

The more modern aircraft use either the lightning, LANTIRN. Older aircraft (Vietnam-era) use the Pave Spike.

That's okay. I didn't think you went off topic. Actually, what you describe is what my problem was, i wasn't getting the BOOM! :dntknw:

And thanks for all of the other replies. I need to pay closer attention to arming each aircraft. Some may require a targeting pod(LANTIRN/PAVESPIKE?), some have it built into the targeting system.

Is that about right?

Do you have the WeaponsPack installed?May be this (or I should say:it´s all I know,folks...)

Tutorial updated, along with mission, same link too.

Just a note, after dropping some GBU-22s, I noticed they're alot more.... "finicky" as far as employment. I think I got it figured out, I just have to do a few more runs and I'll probably update it again.

Though one question has me wondering. Is it possible to buddy lase? or is it each aircraft needs it's own laser system?

I'm 99 44/100% certain you can't have offboard designation in these games.

I'm 99 44/100% certain you can't have offboard designation in these games.

actually you can. If you are flying a mission using an aircraft that needs to have a pod loaded, you can load the pod on any OTHER aircraft in the flight and you can drop the LGB. Or the reverse. Works great.

but if you meant having a FAC do the lasing, you are quite right.

actually you can. If you are flying a mission using an aircraft that needs to have a pod loaded, you can load the pod on any OTHER aircraft in the flight and you can drop the LGB. Or the reverse. Works great.

This is getting good.

Yes, I do have the Weapons Pack installed.

I have noticed that LGBs are available in the stores for some a/c, but no targeting pod. My answer was maybe the pod was just not included, and I just need to add it to the list(which I don't know how to do, yet).

And it occurred to me that in other sims you can "buddy lase", but thought that's not in SFP/WOE.

There's a lot more going on than advertised!

Thanks for clearing that up.

Now about that targeting pod. Can I use the Weapons Data Editor to add a pod to the stores available for various a/c?

Or what is the correct way?

Is there more to it than that? Do I have to edit any other a/c info?

Thanks for the help.

Yes yes that's cool. I figure that'd allow my dumb wingnuts to waste all the ammo on one target while i plink away. Yeah it took some fanagaling between me and USAFMTL one night, and we got it to work. He's AF so he's more into the Sniper XR while I was just happy with the lightning. Add this to your weapons list:

[WeaponDataxxx]

TypeName=USN LIGHTNING POD

FullName=Lightning Targeting Pod

ModelName=LIGHTNING_POD

Mass=75.000000

Diameter=0.359000

Length=2.235000

AttachmentType=USN

NationName=USN

StartYear=1995

EndYear=2020

Availability=2

BaseQuantity=25

Exported=TRUE

ExportStartYear=1995

ExportEndYear=2020

ExportAvailability=2

WeaponDataType=4

StoreType=3

CameraFOV=2.500000

CameraPosition=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000

CameraYaw=0.000000

CameraPitch=0.000000

CameraRoll=0.000000

SightTexture=

EODisplayFlags=268501250

SeekerRange=30.000000

SeekerGimbleLimit=120.000000

SeekerNodeName=

This works for me since the Tomcat before being retired used the Lightning and looks way better than the AAQ-14. I got a small project to redo a skin for a more TPS Grey than the blue that it is right now.

Tutorial updated, along with mission, same link too.

Thanks alot for tutorial. I appreciate it very much. I just got this game 3 days ago and it's a blast. I didn't relize what I was missing. After trying out Flanker & Lomac and not liking them, this game is all that I can ask for. Already ordered Strike Fighters and WOE.

Oh, so it works if your flight of planes have dissimilar loadouts.

I was thinking of the buddy lasing deals where say a GR.4 lases and a Jaguar drops, or something like that. Those are different flights.

Oh, so it works if your flight of planes have dissimilar loadouts.

I was thinking of the buddy lasing deals where say a GR.4 lases and a Jaguar drops, or something like that. Those are different flights.

should work if you change your wingman aircraft type on the loadout page.

Still, I doubt that AI wingmen are capable to use LGBs in the manner they are intended to be used.

Whenever they are assigned to attack a target with LGB, they tend to drop them all as if they were just regular 'dumb' bombs. It seems to be that they are unable to use a target designator... :dntknw:

Is there any way to change this?

Thanks alot for tutorial. I appreciate it very much. I just got this game 3 days ago and it's a blast. I didn't relize what I was missing. After trying out Flanker & Lomac and not liking them, this game is all that I can ask for. Already ordered Strike Fighters and WOE.

didn't like lockon ? :unsure: ......................

It's probably the different learning curve that got him. Both Flanker 2.51 and LOMAC require a high learning curve, and patience. Once you figure stuff out it becomes easier quicker.

The A-10 isn't too tough, but the Russian planes require some real time to learn and the F-15 can be a bit frustrating.

Nah I've been sold on the Su-33 since Flanker 2.51, but unfortunately while you can't do as much in LOMAC/FC than 1.02, it's still fun to fly :smile:

The F-15 would be great if it had some A2G capability, and the A-10 is always fun to fly around, while the others are just something I keep myself familiar with, though the MIG-29 isn't much differently modelled than the Su-27/33. Least as far as flight model anyways.

Nah I've been sold on the Su-33 since Flanker 2.51, but unfortunately while you can't do as much in LOMAC/FC than 1.02, it's still fun to fly :smile:

The F-15 would be great if it had some A2G capability, and the A-10 is always fun to fly around, while the others are just something I keep myself familiar with, though the MIG-29 isn't much differently modelled than the Su-27/33. Least as far as flight model anyways.

why cant you do as much with FC than 1.02? :)