Sign in to follow this  

airw51.jpg

Just starting.....

airw52.jpg

airw53.jpg

Nice, I guess you have plenty of ref. pics, if not I have some of this bird! Both squadrons did retro paint jobs, are you doing a VF-213 anytime soon? I already have a VF-31 80's skin.

I was planning on an OEF version VF-213, but I got a few of the Last Cruise pics, and been actually wanting to do that one too. Besides as reference pics, the more the merrier :D

Started back on the CAG bird. Victory103 if you got some good pics of the tail (enough to get the bird emblem, see below off of):

post-5735-1175485959_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1175485965_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1175485970_thumb.jpg

Started back on the CAG bird. Victory103 if you got some good pics of the tail (enough to get the bird emblem, see below off of):

I was on the TR's 2005-06 cruise. I took quite few photos so if you need any more pics, I have a few high res pics from the last Tomcat Cruise. BTW, the bird emblim is called the Phoenix award.

Tomcats Rule! Anytime Baby!

Cool, if you could PM me them or post them here, I would appreciate it :smile:

Cool, if you could PM me them or post them here, I would appreciate it :smile:

OK, Heres a few of Blackcat 100... enjoy!

Tomcat31d.jpg

Tomcat13.jpg

Pic058.jpg

Picture658.jpg

Tomcat31c.jpg

I have many more too and like I said I have all high res too.

Edited by Vampyre

Kewl, great pics, but that Pheonix award is what I need the most, as eveything else is cake though.....

Kewl, great pics, but that Pheonix award is what I need the most, as eveything else is cake though.....

I'll look for some more but this is what I have on hand at the moment. I'm sure I have others but I'll have to dig out my laptop to find them.

post-2302-1175596727_thumb.jpg

:smile: Thanks!

:smile: Thanks!

No problem. If you want to do any of the other birds in CAG-8 then I have pics of them all. Heres a sample of a VAQ-141 Prowler. Enjoy!

post-2302-1175725932_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vampyre

just curious but what is the Pheonix award for??

just curious but what is the Pheonix award for??

The award is named in recognition of the mythological phoenix, a bird that lived five centuries, died and was reborn from its own ashes. The Phoenix Award is granted in recognition of the long life given to equipment by sustained quality maintenance and the rejuvenation of equipment through well-established maintenance programs. This annual award is intended to improve material readiness by providing a positive incentive for extraordinary maintenance efforts, improved efficiency and reduced waste, and to provide recognition to outstanding "below depot-level" maintenance programs. This award is sponsored by the Department of Defense and is competed for by all branches of the service.

post-2302-1175734070_thumb.jpg

lol given my list:

-VF-31 Tomcatters CAG

-Blue Angels Hornets

-Custom F-15C skin for a person for LOMAC

The VAQ-141 will have to be in the holding pattern, but I could have sworn a VAQ-141 skin was already done or I missed it in the Download section?

Also something I've been meaning to ask, what about the "MUTHA" award? Is that along the same lines as the Pheonix award?

lol given my list:

-VF-31 Tomcatters CAG

-Blue Angels Hornets

-Custom F-15C skin for a person for LOMAC

The VAQ-141 will have to be in the holding pattern, but I could have sworn a VAQ-141 skin was already done or I missed it in the Download section?

Also something I've been meaning to ask, what about the "MUTHA" award? Is that along the same lines as the Pheonix award?

The Mutha award goes to the squadron which epitomises fighter spirit and Boola-Boola is given to the squadron which has excelled in missile launches. The Grand Slam Award was created in 1986 and is the East Coast equivalent of the Boola-Boola award, being presented to the F-14 squadron which has best employed air to air ordnance during the previous 12 months. All these awards tended to be given at the annual Fighter Pilots Ball. The most celebrated award is the Clifton Trophy, presented in honour of R.Adm Joseph C. Clifton. The winners of the Atlantic and Pacific Battle 'E's are the contenders for this trophy, with the winner being honoured as the best fighter squadron in the United States Navy. I think that covers all the awards you will see on the Tomcat Tails.

(EDIT) I forgot the Battle Efficiency "E", Safety "S" and Golden Wrench awards.

post-2302-1175735971_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vampyre

Yeah I've noticed the "E" on some Tomcatter birds, but I'm going to PM you my email address since everytime I try and download the images, they don't download right.

As said Vampyre, they've been working, just had a little breaks in between, i.e. clearing post and doing other stuff as well. Now that I've just got to get the Angels skins packaged, I'll return as the tail shot should be enough to allow me trace it and apply it.

i.e. I haven't forgotten about it :wink:

This should be okay Vampyre?

post-5735-1176326518_thumb.jpg

Got the Anchor, you perhaps wouldn't have anything better Vampyre?

post-5735-1176335893_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1176335898_thumb.jpg

And stupid question, the TR's 2005-06 was the Last Cruise right?

Got the Anchor, you perhaps wouldn't have anything better Vampyre?

How's about this? Yes, it was the last Tomcat cruise.

post-2302-1176376902_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vampyre

Yeah if you can email me that, that'd be great. Was that the same cruise or a different one? I think with the amount of reliable pics, I'm going with the 2005-06 cruise for now, but if you can tell me that one, I can do that as a seperate file. Plus in the works is AJ101, so if you got any of that.. I got to show up a Virtual Tomcatters CO who can skin, and who only flies the aircraft :smile:

Yeah if you can email me that, that'd be great. Was that the same cruise or a different one? I think with the amount of reliable pics, I'm going with the 2005-06 cruise for now, but if you can tell me that one, I can do that as a seperate file. Plus in the works is AJ101, so if you got any of that.. I got to show up a Virtual Tomcatters CO who can skin, and who only flies the aircraft :smile:

Blackcat 101... Heres a holiday shot I took of her.

post-2302-1176377343_thumb.jpg

Tomcat31c.jpg

Wow, a black-radomed F-14. That was certainly a rarity.