Sign in to follow this  
EricJ

Doctor Who

By far my most favorite series, even the new seasons were actually pretty good, and I've been watching most of the old ones too. Anybody else?

yes,I watched the(very)old show,early 70s,and the new ones are even better.Plus Rose is kinda easy on the eyes.

By far my most favorite series, even the new seasons were actually pretty good, and I've been watching most of the old ones too. Anybody else?

I've never actually seen an entire episode. I have vague memories of it from the 70's, but never really got into it. I have friends who absolutely swear it's the best thing since sliced bread.

If I wanted to check it out what should I start with; new stuff? classic reruns? What's best?

Yeah I vaguely remembered the old shows, but again, been watching alot of the DVDs. But I think the one lady that Colin had? Yeah she's not very bad on the eyes at all....

The newer version is more of an hour long, where the older ones were half hours, and what would be a two parter nowadays, was like four to six episodes. The older ones are just that, old, and therefore FX is quite concurrent with the time that they were shot in. Though the best ones or more popular ones are with Tom Baker, as well, because he's so far been the longest running actor for Doctor Who (7 years) while others were shorter (2-3 years), but David Tennant seems to be real popular so who knows.

you might want to start with the newer ones...then go back to the classics,be sure to look for the good doctor when Tom Baker played him.

heres the official site from the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

and from that site is"The beginners guide to Dr. Who" where you can learn all about the classic shows and all 10 Drs down through the years. http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/guide.shtml

I watched some of the Tom Baker ones as a kid, but the new ones did nothing for me. I watched the first 3 or so of it and I couldn't get into it. :dntknw:

True, in some cases they are pretty lame, but I think the newer series really brought back the interest to me as far as the whole series. There's alot of commentary on the DVDs too that highlight alot of what happened as far as story elements, production, etc. It's well worth it to check it out at least. Not all series have the actors tell the way it happened, rather than the producers all the time.

Yeah I vaguely remembered the old shows, but again, been watching alot of the DVDs. But I think the one lady that Colin had? Yeah she's not very bad on the eyes at all....

The newer version is more of an hour long, where the older ones were half hours, and what would be a two parter nowadays, was like four to six episodes. The older ones are just that, old, and therefore FX is quite concurrent with the time that they were shot in. Though the best ones or more popular ones are with Tom Baker, as well, because he's so far been the longest running actor for Doctor Who (7 years) while others were shorter (2-3 years), but David Tennant seems to be real popular so who knows.

I think I have properly seen all of them from the first to the latest and Tom Baker was the best doctor who certainly a hard act to top as for the early shows they pretty dated by now considering how long ago they were made. Also Tom Baker got married to his sidekick Romana in real life but it did not last just goes to show not all things end up going the good doctors way.

Also Tom Baker got married to his sidekick Romana in real life but it did not last just goes to show not all things end up going the good doctors way.

I didn't know that..

I am a big fan of Dr. Who. I actually liked Colin Baker the most. Have not taken the time to watch the second new season on Sci-Fi.

I think I have properly seen all of them from the first to the latest and Tom Baker was the best doctor who certainly a hard act to top as for the early shows they pretty dated by now considering how long ago they were made. Also Tom Baker got married to his sidekick Romana in real life but it did not last just goes to show not all things end up going the good doctors way.

Who was it? Mary Tamm or the other one?

Who was it? Mary Tamm or the other one?

You got me going there, had to do a quick search for a old Dr Who magazine it was the Romana 2 Lalla Ward 1979/81 there was quite a age difference between her and Tom. I am glad I kept that old 20th anniversary magazine because I was having a clean out recently and damn near tossed it out then I thought you never know I might just need to look something

up did not imagine I would need it this soon and how did I know about him getting married to her. Im ashamed to say I read it in a gossip mag.

Ahh okay, I saw her in "Leisure Hive" so that's why I was interested. To be honest with you I think Tamm looked better, but that's me. Anyways, it's all good, as I've only looked at some of the extra material on the DVDs, given that I'm starting a collection...