I D/L the F-111 package, and I love the plane but the cockpit doesnt show up in the plane at the start. Any help would be appreciated. Also, on a number of D/L planes i can't stand the engine sounds, but when I go into the sounds and DATA files the sound assigned to the plane sounds fine. Somwhere along the line the game substitutes a terrible sound in. Another thing, when I make a change in the DATA files of the planes then save, the changes never happen in the game. Help!

Edited by Hooah!

I D/L the F-111 package, and I love the plane but the cockpit doesnt show up in the plane at the start. Any help would be appreciated. Also, on a number of D/L planes i can't stand the engine sounds, but when I go into the sounds and DATA files the sound assigned to the plane sounds fine. Somwhere along the line the game substitutes a terrible sound in. Another thing, when I make a change in the DATA files of the planes then save, the changes never happen in the game. Help!

The cockpit isn't included in the package. If you read the installation instructions it will provide a website in which you can acquire the cockpits (there is a seperate pit for each version of the plane). The pit download is self-extracting so it's super easy to do.

I have no idea about the sounds. Try assigning a new engine sound and see if that behaves the same way.

What exactly are you editing, and what file is it in?

Edited by tank03

Thanks for the info, i was editing the the aircraft data file. I also noticed that I cant have any precision guided weapons. i have the latest wep pack

Edited by Hooah!

Thanks for the info, i was editing the the aircraft data file. I also noticed that I cant have any precision guided weapons. i have the latest wep pack

You can edit the weapon station info (found in the data.ini file) to carry any weapon you'd like. Scroll down about 3/4 and under weapon station find the AllowedWeaponClass. A list of the weapon types is found at the bottom of this article from the knowledge base:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=12099

You'd also have to edit the loadout.ini if you want the bird to load up automatically. Otherwise you'd have to do it manually at the loadout screen of the game.

Thanks for the knowledge base. The cockpit I D/L and installed doesnt show up. I have the latest updated version of WoE.

Thanks for the knowledge base. The cockpit I D/L and installed doesnt show up. I have the latest updated version of WoE.

Is the cockpit folder inside the aircraft folder? That's what happened when I first added it on. the cockpit selfextracted to the objects/aircraft folder and created it's own F-111 folder, which was different from the real a/c folder. It wsa just a matter of cutting and pasting the pit into the a/c folder.

Sounds

In the planes _data.ini file you can see/change what sound files are being used - this is from the stock F-4M:

[sound]

EngineSoundName=JetEngine

AfterburnerSoundName=JetBurner

DamagedEngineSoundName=

FlapsSoundName=Flaps

AirbrakesSoundName=Airbrakes

GearsSoundName=Gear

The cockpit folder with the files has to be in the F-111's folder ie:

C:\.....\Wings Over Europe\Objects\Aircraft\F-111F\Cockpit

LOL, I was just thinking you could edit that to read:

DamagedEngineSoundName=PropEngine

Everything is fine, but if you get hit you suddenly sound like you're flying a piston-engined plane! :grin:

LOL, I was just thinking you could edit that to read:

DamagedEngineSoundName=PropEngine

Everything is fine, but if you get hit you suddenly sound like you're flying a piston-engined plane! :grin:

:rofl: could go anywhere with that:

DamagedEngineSoundName=CommunistLaughing

:rofl: could go anywhere with that:

DamagedEngineSoundName=CommunistLaughing

Unfortunately, in my experience, that value is about as workable as the "bomb release sound" and "missile in flight sound" entries. I don't think TK has fully implemented it, yet.

Guest Saganuay82

Go to Cold War again and go to page 6. It's there. Along with a lot of other stuff that hasn't been put into a category.

Go to Cold War again and go to page 6. It's there. Along with a lot of other stuff that hasn't been put into a category.

I think a lot of people think that the categories are all there is and don't scroll down to see the uncatagorized stuff. At least that's what I did when I first started. In fact, I like the uncategoriezed stuff. Every time I scroll through all those pages I always turn up some gem that I overlooked before.

Edited by tank03