Radarfacility

Hello All,

Here is the doppler radar facility groundobject and max file of it. Read the Readme, and play away. There are still some model issues, so I will not claim it be 100% finished. (some edges not completely lining up- perfectionist problems) If there are any glaringly obvious problems, let me know! If not enjoy.

Oh cool, this will have many uses.

Jedi::

Godzilla can now play golf! :grin:

Mothra ball.

grumps, I suggest ramping up the LOD visible distance to 20km, and in the data file too. The ball is large enough to be seen, in 90 degree FOV, to almost 20km, at 1280x1024 screen resolution, before the LOD drops to "less than" one pixel in size. Many players use even higher res.

This is so pretty under the right sunset/sunrise illumination. Put it next to a SAM site, missile very close to the dome, and at night watch the missile exhaust climb up from the bottom...here, I made som pics. I decided to do a screenshot essay on the Mothra ball.

I plopped the ball onto the airfield which I've been using to experiment with a new type of SAM site. Sunset, nice shading on ball, bad SF moon rising on the left.

img00004.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first screenshot below is a view from above the Ball, with two sources of illumination. One is the missile flame on the right, the other, dimmer and more white reflection at another angle, is from the full SF moon...

The second screenshot below is from ground level, on the dark side of the ball. The missile flame is on the right, the bad SF moon is rising on the left. The edge of both moonshine and missileshine can just be seen from behind the dome here. The two screenshots below have been increased in brightness and contrast for use on blinding white combat flight sim webboards.

img00010.jpgimg00011.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Missile take off, showing the illumination from the rocket exhaust. Nice. The SF moon is the other bright thing seen beyond the dome.

img00020.jpgimg00021.jpg

img00022-1.jpg

I like.

Ramp up the vis distance. Under the right Enviro grafix settings and game time (sunset/sunrise) the side of the Ball facing the SF sun brilliantly shines in the distance against the terrain.

Guest Saganuay82

Looks like the Pine Tree Line I can add to my terrain now.