Sign in to follow this  
F-4PhantomII

Finnaly got the F-14D DL'd and OH BOY!

So, I finnaly got the F-14D figured out with ya'alls help and man is it a hot Plane! But whenever I try to do a one off Mig-CAP with it the mission starts with a "Mission complete RTB" request? The F-14A does not have this problem just the D... any ideas?

Might have something to do with the year that you're flying in. If none of the MiG's have an end year beyond that of the F-14D's start year (1991 IIRC) they won't show up. Though I don't have the F-14D installed, I had this problem with a few other newer planes until I modified the start and end years in the Options.ini. Oddly enough, after the options.ini is edited to allow combat beyond the 1970's and if there are planes with later service years like the SU-27 available, older aircraft like the MiG-21 will start popping up anyways.

Edited by Caesar

concur. Add the Mig-29C and the Su-27 and you shouldnt' have any problem with a lack of opposition!

:wink:

concur. Add the Mig-29C and the Su-27 and you shouldnt' have any problem with a lack of opposition!

:wink:

Thanks Ty, also, is this airplane your baby?

Just Wait for my Mig-29S, you will need your skills up to the test

Muah Muah Muah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon and no there is no pictures.

Top Secret

Top Secret

I'm getting pretty good with the 14... When you finnish I suggest a 1 on 1 ;-)

Top Secret

LOL Mig-29S is cannon fodder for the Tomcat. :rofl:

Heh,one day I got my MiGs against....F-18s!

We were slaughtered...But the second round we won!

I jumped at the Fulcrum yesterday with one more 29 and 2 Flankers and my enemy was a Mosquito!That must be a joke!

The mig-29 is like a tutorial aircraft from a video game. Kinda fun to show you the ropes with, but in combat, meh, nothing special :glare:

It's the kinda plane you use when you need to bomb a country whose air force is composed of kites or balloons, like the Hornet :biggrin: jk

I guess as long as it looks like a dangerous tiger, your enemies won't need to know that they'll be gummed to death. :tongue:

Roger. Launch a Phoenix before he even gets close :haha: .....

Agree with that. But there's something so much more satasfying gunning a Flanker or Fulcrum with a Tomcat (esp. Alpha) than slamming them before they even know they're locked up...

The F-14D is the king of all bad ass! Lol :cool:

Wow a wingwiper giving a squid plane creadit????? is it possable there may be peace tween the 2 branches.......Na he just knows a better A/C when he see's it. sorry m8 couldn't resist the temptation was to much.

Thanks Ty, also, is this airplane your baby?

my baby? sorta but not really

I controlled them in the real world and flew against some in the aggressor role long, long ago.

I did some very minor tweaks to the existing F-14a to produce an F-14A+ and an F-14D. Another good one by someone else is the Tomcat21.

I did the same thing with the Mig-29A to produce a Mig-29C that is up here.

I also have an F-18C block 36 built the same way but there is a better one in the works so I haven't put it up. I also stopped working on some other Mig-29 variants because much better ones are being built by those with much, much better skills than mine.

In the real world, the Mig-29 is a pretty hot plane. If a Mig-29 or Su-27 goes up against an F-15C or F-18C or E, its pretty close to an even match. (Obviously a Mig-29A against an F-15C would be cannon fodder)

Edited by Typhoid