Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Adding objectives in a map?

Maybe this is the wrong place to post, but I can't post in the knowledge forum, so I post it here. How can I add ground objectives to a terrain?? I want to populate some airbases of the Israel Terrain, with static planes, trucks and maybe some more buildings, is possible??

Thank's

Maybe this is the wrong place to post, but I can't post in the knowledge forum, so I post it here. How can I add ground objectives to a terrain?? I want to populate some airbases of the Israel Terrain, with static planes, trucks and maybe some more buildings, is possible??

Thank's

This is not a topic of which I know much, but- I beleive you could populate the airfields during missions by using a mission editor (KMD, Le Mimmioneur). They are pretty easy to figure out and placing objects is pretty easy. Those objects would only be there for that mission however.

Otherwise I think you're thinking of editing terrain tiles. I think that's what you would have to do in order to add building etc. I know nothing about terrain editing so I can't say much about how easy/hard that could be.

I think I'm answering the question you want answered.

Open the terrain in Kreelin's great KMD. Magnify the map massively so that the runway and base features are clear. Add static aircraft from the aircraft drop down menu. I have found that placing them as single units works - not putting them in in multiples. Make sure you have the skin you want. Check the headings you want in the waypoint parameters. All heights and speeds should read 0.0. The same works for any other ground objects. When you are done, open the mission in notepad and check that the mission says 'Start on ground=TRUE'. In my experience, this sometimes says 'FALSE' and it leads to spectacular aircraft explosions when you load the mission about 500 metres above the point you located the static aircraft. At first I could not figure out what was going on until I checked the notepad version of the mission. When editing, you can also change the heading of the aircraft or ground object to the way you like to line them up.

I have added heaps of static aircraft and objects to a number of maps. If you have YAP, you will have great looking bases. Good luck! If you need any more assistance, giveme a shout.

Buildings are a different issue.

One of these days, I'll have to write a quick tut on this, but here's a short version (with, the as usual Wrench Long Way Around):

EDIT: there's actually instructions on adding a ground object in my "shipwreck". There's a WordDoc that has a lot of the explinations, and it's illustrated too!

You can use the QMD to get a pretty good idea as the the location of a Target, but to get the actual 'offset' for the objects placement, you'l have to go in-game with the DisplayDeug= set to "TRUE"

That gives the exact offset.

The 'shipwreck' object should be here at CA, if not, it's at my site and I'll get it uploaded to here as well.

Also, you can sneak a look into the WW2 maps (any of the PTO, and the MTO ones by Edward), and ther's parked aircraft on them. Be a simple job to 'borrow' their coordinates for any other, using the same airfield type. You'll just need to have the static aircraft listed in the ***_types.ini

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Stratos; it's in the readme file for the shipwreck. I've uploaded here to CA, it's in the "SF/WoV/WoE" add-on ships section.

(I didn't know where eles to put it..after all, it WAS a ship at one time!!!)

Wrench

kevin stein