Sign in to follow this  

The de Havilland DH-89 Dragon Rapide is available at Capun's site as a Spanish Civil War aircraft. I'm working on an IDF/AF skin (circa 1948) for it. If you have a spare NZ$787,500 (The way currencies are bouncing around at the moment I wont even try to put that in Euros or US$s) there's is one for sale locally.

LloydNB

Thanks for spotting the omission Lloyd, I've updated the list for that and for Stormtroopers WIP Skyray skin.

Looking forward to your Rapide skin - any chance of a preview pic?

Hey Allenjb42.

What about the A-4N Ahit model ?

This a/c had done some hard work in the Lebanon.Did no one of the modding community pay any attention to this one.

It had a modern HUD and RWR system and could cary LGB's.

BTW,can I use a stock Kfir C2 cockpit to match up with the A-4H to create The A-4N ?

Thanks

Allenjb42

A progress shot. Early days - I haven't got the camo lined up - but its a start.

LloydNB

post-2351-1225085915_thumb.jpg

Hey Allenjb42.

What about the A-4N Ahit model ?

This a/c had done some hard work in the Lebanon.Did no one of the modding community pay any attention to this one.

It had a modern HUD and RWR system and could cary LGB's.

BTW,can I use a stock Kfir C2 cockpit to match up with the A-4H to create The A-4N ?

Thanks

Oh boy, this reminds me of something (<- link)... :blush2: Give me some time and it'll be finished.

Edited by wilco

List updated for Stormtrooper's excellent fictional Skyray skin.

Lloyd, do you want me to scan and send you the relevant pages from the Norton book?

Allen, some of the links you have posted, no longer work. Is there a chance you could remove those?

Allen, some of the links you have posted, no longer work. Is there a chance you could remove those?

Sure - can you tell me which ones?

If not then I'll just work my way down the list and update as necessary.

Sure thing :good: These are the ones that I remember.

Boeing F-15I, Hebrew nickname: `Ra`am` (`Thunder`) Yes Yes

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6139

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=3736 <---This one

Lockheed F-16A `Fighting Falcon`, Hebrew nickname: `Netz` (`Hawk`) (WOI stock aircraft) Yes Yes

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=3502

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...mp;showfile=668 <---This one

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=7426

Lockheed F-16B `Fighting Falcon`, Hebrew nickname: `Netz` (`Hawk`) Yes Yes

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...mp;showfile=669 <---This one

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6236

Lockheed F-16C `Fighting Falcon`, Hebrew nickname: `Barak` (`Lightning`) Yes Yes

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...&showfile=6 <---This one

Sure Allen

The more info the better.

Lloyd

post-2351-1225184638_thumb.jpg

Edited by LloydNB

LLoyd - can you let me have your email addy please - pm will be fine.

Viggen - I've removed those bad links. It looks like some of the older models have been removed.

Unfortunately this leaves us without an Israeli F-16C at CA. The only one available is in the F-16 package at Avsim. Are TMF working on something?

Also, I've updated the list for Veltro's superb new Vatour, and the WIP list for Stormtrooper's UH-60 skin(s) and the DAT Lockheed Constellation.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions.

The Mirage Factory must be using General Dynamic's Fort Worth, mile long production line running with the F-16 WIPS they've got coming :yes:

totally wrong.. only WIPs atm are 2053 F-4 Phantoms and about 1732 F-8 Crusaders.... but I cant tell you, its a secret .... :skull:

A quick update to the main list for Stormtrooper's excellent UH-60 skin - thanks very much for filling in this glaring gap mate

Also added to the WIP list for 76.IAP-Blackbird's very promising and somewhat ironic 'reverse-engineering' conversion of the J-10 to the IAI Lavi - looking forward to this one - in camo maybe?

lavi_1.jpg

nice find! I ha ve no templates for this bird, all is just paintshop. I startet on a israel F-16 like desert skin. This camo scheme looks good also will try my skills on it but can`t promise anything cause the mapping is a bit strange in it`S way.

Lavi prototype skin was released.

Lavi twoseater in the works but with some compromise for the second pilot

also the desert skin in the pipe.

I should have this posted in the next couple of days.

LloydNB

post-2351-1226992387_thumb.jpg

Great stuff Lloyd. Looking forward to it.

BTW, DAT have posted WIP shots of a Cessna T-41 Mescalero, aka Cessna 172. The IAF operated 2 of them in the 1970s. I'll look up the dates, but IIRC they wore the standard IAF camo of the period.

List updated for Lloyd's Rapide skin, triplethr3at's TA-4H, wilco's A-4N (Early), DAT's Cessna T-41 Mescalero and Lockheed Constellation, and Velto2K's Vatours (how did I miss those?).

Thanks very much to all concerned, and keep up the great work guys.

Also, some new decals at Hannants this week that might be of interest to the half-dozen interested in early IAF skins:

ISRA

Aircraft conversions (resin)

ISC32001 1:32 Israeli Air Force F-16C Block 40 conversion (designed to be used with the Tamiya F-16CJ kit) £13.45 £11.70

Http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=ISC32001

Aircraft decals (military)

ISRA72 1:48 Israeli Air Force Mosquitos T3; NF 30; FB 6; TR 33, PR 16 in various camo schemes. £13.86 £12.05

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=ISRA72

ISRA73 1:72 Israeli Air Force Mosquitos and T-6 Texan/Harvard. Mosquito T3; NF 30; FB 6; TR 33, PR 16; Texans in various colour schemes. £15.64 £13.60

Http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=ISRA73

ISRA74 1:48 Israeli AF B-17, PBY-5A, Beaufighters. B-17s in 8 different camos; Catalina 3401/2 and 3 overall black; 2 Beaufighters in desert camo. £15.64 £13.60

Http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=ISRA74

ISRA75 1:72 Israeli AF B-17, PBY-5A, Beaufighters. B-17s in 8 different camos; Catalina 3401/2 and 3 overall black; 2 Beaufighters in desert camo. £12.88 £11.20

Http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=ISRA75

List updated for Veltro's great Hudson and xearl's A-4E_IAF

As we seem to have dropped off the sticky section, I'll keep updating the list, and if anyone has any WIP shots or anything else Israeli related then please feel free to post here and keep the thread in view.

We seem to have quite a few Isreali weapons in the various weapons packs, so I'll post links to the packs, specifying which weapons are available in each as soon as I get some time.

No screenies at the moment, but I have a modern WOI campaign in the works. It's been sitting on my HD, and I'll need to update it a little...perhaps add the "Lavi"...:ph34r:

No screenies at the moment, but I have a modern WOI campaign in the works. It's been sitting on my HD, and I'll need to update it a little...perhaps add the "Lavi"...:ph34r:

That's great news man. :ok:

A WOI modern campaign is much needed here.

The LAVI your'e talking about is a reskined J-10 ,is it ?

SINGLE SEATER LAVI IS ON THE WAY, BUT I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE CONTROL SURFACES AND INIS....ANYBODY INTERESTED IN GIVING ME A HAND?