Hi everyone, first post on this seemingly excellent forum (Got WoE yesterday) and I love it. I've owned or played pretty much every combat flight sim since the mid 90s and I have to say that WoE gives me the most realistic impression of actually being in a combat aircraft, especially the camera viewpoint :clapping:

I'm doing pretty good in it by my own admission, with the exception of one thing : using unguided a2g weapons. There aren't any aiming aides or sights, or I just haven't found them and I find that the very rare shack I get is a result of pure luck or just putting as much iron on the general target area as I can. Surely not the best methods :blush:

I flew a couple B-52 missions (installed the SuperPack thing) and was surprised that a bombing sight wasnt modelled :blink: How am I supposed to drop 24 Mk-82s over an air base if I haven't the foggiest of where my bombs are gonna land? lol

So yeah on to my obvious question ; are there any tutorials, faqs, lessons available anywhere? Even better, if bombing aides aren't built in, are there any mods out to rectify this pretty major omission?

Thanks in advance :)

Shashman - Grab "The Range" terrain and hone your ATG skills there, good for practice w/o being shot at.

Shashman - Grab "The Range" terrain and hone your ATG skills there, good for practice w/o being shot at.

Thanks a lot for the links Kukulino, and I have the Range, but apart from giving me a practising area, it doesn't really help. Like giving a 10 year old a Land Rover and saying "here are the keys"...."That's it though, I'm not gonna teach you how to drive" :p

edit: sorry for this, but being a total n00b with WoE, I don;t know how to install aircraft addons, or any addons or mods for that matter (unless they come as an installer)

Edited by Shashman

Use the knowledge base!

And Google!

It's about as easy as it gets...if you can learn how to post on a forum, you can install WOE mods.

FastCargo

Welcome Shashman.

You can use excellent A-26C cockpit with bombsight by Kesselbrut, aviable here at CA:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=4078

I personally use it when flying most of medium bombers -that's of course not correct but the bombardier view compensaters for it. And it's quite accurate

Use the knowledge base!

And Google!

It's about as easy as it gets...if you can learn how to post on a forum, you can install WOE mods.

FastCargo

Well, to be fair I have extensive knowledge of other games when it comes to installing mods and tweaks and addons, etc, but WoE has to be the most complex one I've experienced. Downloaded the Middle East Conflicts campaigns, and it took me about an hour and a half just to get all the addons in the right places and sorted out properly. Crazy :blink:

Cheers for the links guys, I'll check them out.

I still find it odd that air to ground combat is so badly simulated in a game billing itself as "Cold War Gone Hot" :dntknw:

Ah and while I'm here; why are WoE, WoW and SF1 mods/addons/missions/etc grouped together here in the forum and downloads section? I find it hard to find what I want a lot of the time because everything's all muddled together. Are WoW, WoE and SF1 compatible or something?

Edited by Shashman

Guest Saganuay82

How are they all grouped and muddled together? Looks separate to me.

Are WoW, WoE and SF1 compatible or something?

Yes, they all use the same engine so a mod made for one will pretty much work in the others, occasionally with a little tweaking.

How are they all grouped and muddled together? Looks separate to me.

WoE, WoW and SF1 share the same section in the forum and downloads

Guest Saganuay82

Well yes since they are all made by Thirdwire. Then they are broken down by subject or "item to be modded". If you look at the downloads, there is a section for WW1 skins and a section for Cold War skins and then in there they are broken down by airframe.

Shashman

The Knowledge base is your friend. From the 2nd page.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=9322

Newbie Guide

Then is a link in there to a FAQ and it can answer many questions.

Installing anything in the 3rd Wire series is not complex. If you can read a folder name you can install a mod. The key is this..

1. look at any folders names the mods are in and the folder names in the sim, 9 times out of 10 the file will go into there.

2. I can not stress this enough, TAKE YOUR TIME! 90% of the problems newbs have is because they are in a flaming ass hurry and do not take the time to use the MK2 Brain to figure stuff out.

3. Finally the knowledge base is your biggest ally. It can tell you to do everything you need to do from A to Z.

Yes SF/WOV/WOE are very compatible with each other, most modding you can do to one you can do to another.