Sign in to follow this  
Planejunky

Super Hornet's in SFP1

Hi,

With SFP1 getting long in the tooth, and compatability problems with Vista, is there an F/A-18E/F in production anywhere? I know it's probably getting late in the day to see too much in the way of new aircraft, but it would be nice to see a super bug, especially as many of the former F-14 operators are now equipped with them!

With SFP1 getting long in the tooth, and compatability problems with Vista......... I know it's probably getting late in the day to see too much in the way of new aircraft...

You're joking right? RIGHT?!

You're joking right? RIGHT?!

Well, considering he only has 7 posts and is still registered as a new member (although being registered since 10May05 doesn't really sound new to me), I don't think he is joking. Probably just someone who is out of the loop of things.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Guest Saganuay82

"Long in the tooth" LOL

Hey Planejunky, are you a LOMAC or Falcon 4 player? This sim will be around for awhile yet. We keep getting trips to the dentist, TK in the forms of service packs.

And with the plethora of mods out there, it will be around for a long time to come.

did i spell that right? :rofl:

Super Hornets are just the same planes with the same avionics but in an airframe that will kept the politicians happy. Tomcats are faster, more powerful, "see" farther, and hit targets even farther away. If somebody "built" a Super Tomcat 21 for SFp1, I, PERSONALLY, will ruin the Super Hornet, any day.

" Fighter Pilots make movies. Bomber Pilots make history. Strike Pilots get on the History Channel. " The F-14 fits ALL three! :good: Can anybody tell me when an F-18 was in a movie where it wasn't shot down? Where it made history? Or where it made it on the History Channel? :dntknw:

* Dons USN silver suit *

"It's not the plane, It's the pilot" Gen. Charles Yeager

Lets just say to call SFP1/WOE a dying game would be like calling falcon 4 easy.

I am going to say this yet AGAIN, There will NOT be ANOTHER tomcat versus Hornet flame war!

It's old, boring and been beaten to death on WAY TO MANY post.

You want to read them... use the SEARCH function!

1st and only warning!

I am going to say this yet AGAIN, There will NOT be ANOTHER tomcat versus Hornet flame war!

1st and only warning!

Good call. If you wanna compare the two, or discuss aviation in general, bring it up in the aviation thread in the Pub.

Can anybody tell me when an F-18 was in a movie where it wasn't shot down?Where it made history? Or where it made it on the History Channel?

Movies (and to a lesser extent documentaries) are not really the ideal sources to determine the value of an airplane, tank etc.

1st and only warning!

:good:

Sorry didn't mean anything by my comments, it's just that things seem to move no so fast these days. Yes I am somewhat out of the loop, having spent quite some time flying in IL2FB and FS9. I'm very pleased to see that SFP1 has a long life ahead of it as unlike some other flight sims, it's good fun and entertaining!

Edited by Planejunky

I don't think anyone was taking offense to anything you said Planejunky. The offense was to the direct comparison between the Super Hornet and the Tomcat. Like Hrntfixr said, that comparison is old, and boring, and many of us find it offensive and lacking in completeness of fact.

Guest Saganuay82

Welcome to the community Planejunky. Enjoy your stay. I'll just close this one up now before anymore Hornet vs Tomcat replies come.