Sign in to follow this  
Dave

And That is That.......

Well it took 2 days but I got my wife and kids moved out of the house in Texas. Right now we are at my apartment in OK City to rest then we are heading out in a few hours. Final destination is my wifes assignment to Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio. Yes folks US Army on a US Air Force base. After I get them there I have to turn around and head back to Ok City. Then hope maybe one day I can get stationed with my family in Ohio.....but I digress.

It was hard leaving our first house we lived in it for 6 years, lots of memories. Good and bad. But we saddled up and pulled out last night. I caught myself looking back toward my house, down the street I lived on for so many years. Its funny how you take things for granted until you have to leave them. But here is a couple of pics I wanted to share of my house in its glory days.

I will miss it.

Safe journey there Dave,

See you when you get access again!

FastCargo

Have a safe and speedy trip Dave. When ya get to Ohio, have a couple of coney's for me will ya? :biggrin:

I know what you mean Dave. I had to leave almost everything when I left the Guard to become a pilot Including the cat and dog. But it was a step in the right direction. I hope you work out a transfer to Ohio sooner rather than later!

That's rough. My father almost took a job down in Maryland and would've been away from the family. Ultimately, he didn't, upon meeting the people he'd be working with, take the job. Hope you have luck getting a transfer.

On the bright side, maybe we can get an answer about the secret UFO stuff they keep there. I won't go to that nut stanton freidman :scout:

I will have my Moto Q with me so if you all need to get a hold of me on the road, it will not be a problem. It has internet and the works. Thank for the kind words fellas, my wife was reading these too. She didn't know all the support I had from an online community. She needs to get on a computer more. LOL

Good luck Dave, all the best for the move and hopefully being stationed with your family.

Good luck Dave, all the best for the move and hopefully being stationed with your family.

Yeah, for real. Family is the one thing that gets me through. I don't know how you do it. Good luck man.

Nice yard in the pix, god I miss grass.....

Went to the AF museum during Christmas while I was en route to see my brother and family in Columbus. I had to drag my wife around, she gets bored. I made a big fuss about taking the bus out to the hangars on base, she did think the Air Force One displays were cool. I really wanted to see the Mig-29, but was told after getting out there that it is being restored for display.

Yeah, I was pi$$ed......

I could really spend a week at that museum, there is so much to see and admire.

Hey y'all,

Was flying today and saw this:

200707220166qn3.jpg

Any guesses?

FastCargo

That would be Tinker AFB.

USAFMTL,

Yea, I figured you'd know.

FastCargo

USAFMTL,

Yea, I figured you'd know.

FastCargo

The dead give away was the white plane off by itself. That's the TACAMO plane on the Romeo Ramp with its tanker alert bird.