Looking good! We've needed one of these for a while.

thumbs.gifCrissy-ylflower.gif

Wow! Thanks for working this neat plane. Right now, I'm using Kesselbrut's Yak-3 cockpit inside BUFF's Seahawk F.1 model.

I"m liking it!!! That'll fill a gap in the late 40s!!

Wrench

kevin stein

I love this plane!

Our PLAAF used it in early 50s.

It is a sweet plane. I'm gonna add little afterburners for the boosted version in my (dreamboat) Siberian Sky campaign.

Keep us poasted Timmy. Don't let this one get Voodooed. :no: Thanks!!

Thanks for working on this, Timmy. Looks good and will be a great addition. Just what we need for attacking the Berlin Airlift :biggrin:

that and the early yak and lagg jets.

I know they're eww, but still cool to have and fly.

If anyone is interested in working on the Flight Model I'll be happy to send you the beta to play with.

I'm just now getting it skinned so I should have something new to show in a couple of days.

If anyone is interested in working on the Flight Model I'll be happy to send you the beta to play with.

I'm just now getting it skinned so I should have something new to show in a couple of days.

Thanks. That would be cool but I am not an FM person at all. How do you even get started with a blank FM?

I started with Column5's F-80C flight model which is in my estimation the closest existing FM to the MiG-9. I change all the mesh names and animations etc to match (I still have to change all the collision points and whatnot to reflect the Mig's shape and size) and that gets it into the game for testing.

I'm going to try to get the FM more suited to the MiG but that's going to take time as I'm no math wiz and have little understanding of the process. Of course, I didn't know how to use Max until last November so I'm confident that I can do it, but it will take me a while to figure it out.

Alas, on to skinning...

mmm, I could give a shot at the collision boxes and maybe the two engines. Guns and pilot. This could be a good way for me to start learning FM, starting with the simple stuff. This is an important plane for me -- the first PVO interceptor that can really get past the F-47Ns, F-51Hs, and F-82s to the B-29s, as the F-80s are left far behind due to short range..

Hey Lexx, looks like you best get started assembling the Fargo's cockpit too!!! :yes:

Kesselbrut is very about such things, I'm sure if you ask, he'll say OK. He did when I tweeked the Spitpit for the Vampire & Venom, and the Beau pit for the Meteors.

This bird is too important, historically, to get stuck with Scooter pit!!! Go for it man!!!

Wrench

Kevin STein

ps: may even have a hangar screen done somewhere for it...have to take a look around.....

W

Heavily re-skinned, and with a little chopping like lowering the cockpit rear wall, the A-4B cockpit would work great as it does for the F-80. Most important is the roundish forward canopy frame that the MiG-9 had.

Timmy, I'll give it a shot.

Knew I had Hangar Screen for it....

This is a lo rez jpg. I may re-do and clean up the bmp some this weekend, if you want it Timmy :biggrin:

fargo_hangar.jpg

Also have one for the Flora (but not for Fauna :haha: )

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Kevin - I'll take it!

Lexx - PM me with an email address and I'll send you the unskinned beta to play with.

TD

Kevin - I'll take it!

Lexx - PM me with an email address and I'll send you the unskinned beta to play with.

TD

Sent!

hehe, I didn't realize it, but I used the same title for my PM -- "MiG-9"

On the wayyyyy!

Got it.

First ... wow, AwSim!! This is sweet. This is going to be interesting indeed. Starting out small, I got the left gun located. I'll spend some time starting tommorow night and into the weekend.

I'd like to try something possibly never done before -- exchange ideas here in the open, I guess in this thread. Others can learn and the old timers can step in to save us.

That sounds fine to me. I have the left wing mapped but I probably won't get much time to work on it until Monday.

I got a chance to poke round here. I can start with the engines -- something simple that I enjoy thinking I understand.

A question for the crusty old timers: How do you initiate a DATA file from scratch? Do you take an existing aircraft's file and gradually gut it and replace data?