Sign in to follow this  
don246

SE5a FM HELP

Hi having problem with the default SE5A, Lining up for a shot and the plane wavers from side to side, is this how the aircraft rely behaved or is it just me or the FM This plane is the default one with the update. Anyone have any views on this.

Lol , i ws thinking the same thing 2day , but im sure its the aldis sight more than anything else 4 me @least

is way 2 hard 2 get strikes with this aldis view, feels like a waste of time , in fact i was trying new effects and had 2 watch my wingmen in the end because i could hit nothing 2 see if the effects where showing up , from the se5 cockpit

as 4 CofG and deflection, it does tend 2 wollow a bit in a semi flat turn , but is an energy fighter by all accounts boom n zoom was its biggest asset, like the spads liked 2 get the wind up, single slashing pass and climb.

I always turn with the AI , and im inclined 2 beleave that the airspeed bleed and wollow induced is about right that big square nose wants 2 be pointed at the ground, i find the airspeed decay is so quick that in a heartbeat she is willing 2 depart ,with so little flow over the control surfaces that recovery is unlikely.

I read somewhere a while back that the se5's flew the highest caps at around 20,000 ft , no oxygen, and the dawn patrol guys skipped breakfast tea, because any G turns would press on there bladder and releave them of anything they had drunk be4 taking off , the freezing air would give there tackle frostbite in a couple of minutes at that time of morning at that alt!!!

Don't fly the SE5a much, but IIRC it has the most pronounced sideslip of any plane in the game. I think peter01 is working on the FM too, so its likely to improve. :yes:

For me, I went into the _data.ini file and edited the moment of inertia value for yaw. I'm not at home so I don't have the exact variable name handy. But it's something like "DryweightInertia". It comes with 3 parameters. The third number is the value for yaw (rudder). I boosted this number up very high, something like 7024 or so. Try several settings and test it out every time you make a change. My Se.5a still slips a lot but it doesn't fall into that crazy oscillation anymore.

And then there's a sticky page here for common .ini edits. The very last instruction at the bottom is for editing the aldis sight. I'm still experimenting with that value myself. Here's a link.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=16272

Of course, always keep a copy of your original so if you do anything very bad, it's a simple matter to dump the bad one and restart with the original.

Cheers!

Try using the se5a_data.ini file in the attached archive/folder.

It doesn't slip around so much. I was still working on some other issues with the FM

and finally got it all working better just now. It's quite a bit more steady and better

behaved than the default FM. You can replace the existing one (if it's there) or just

place it in the main se5a directory if you haven't already extracted the original.

Cheers!

ShrikeHawk