I downloaded the multi-national medals pack for WOE, but could never make it work. I think it is installed in all the right places, but its not there. Is there a trick to this that I am missing? Any help would be appreciated. :dntknw:

I downloaded the multi-national medals pack for WOE, but could never make it work. I think it is installed in all the right places, but its not there. Is there a trick to this that I am missing? Any help would be appreciated. :dntknw:

Anybody, anybody, Bueller?

Not sure myself - does it come with a readme?

Are you having the problem where you see the medal but no text to the left? I was too until I discovered this:

Check the "medals XXX" files with the pack and see if the path for each medal it has is different from the path you have for your install. Chances are no matter which game you have, you'll have to change it for every medal for every country. A bit time consuming but it will help. I have to do this too with my Iran-Iraq install.

Edited by Bulldog

Are you having the problem where you see the medal but no text to the left? I was too until I discovered this:

Check the "medals XXX" files with the pack and see if the path for each medal it has is different from the path you have for your install. Chances are no matter which game you have, you'll have to change it for every medal for every country. A bit time consuming but it will help. I have to do this too with my Iran-Iraq install.

Actually, any successful mission I flew with another country, nothing ever came up. I just think I didn't install it correctly. Maybe I should just wipe it out and try again.

Guest Charles

Do you mean the Medals Pack by me (I don't know of any other medals pack)?

If so, your problem is that it is configured for SF, not for WOV or WOE.

You can make it work for them, but you will have to change the path names in a whole lot of INI and TXT files.

Roger, that must have been the problem. I'm only running WOE. Thanks for the advice.

Talking about medals, is there any way to see your entire medal collection? Since you get many of them, it would be nice, in your pilot roster, to know how many you've been able to garner... Just wondered about it since I searched for it everywhere ingame and haven't found it... Would kinda be senseless just to get medals at the end of a mission and not be able to boast the entire collection later on...

Talking about medals, is there any way to see your entire medal collection? Since you get many of them, it would be nice, in your pilot roster, to know how many you've been able to garner... Just wondered about it since I searched for it everywhere ingame and haven't found it... Would kinda be senseless just to get medals at the end of a mission and not be able to boast the entire collection later on...

Aye, this issue knocked about a while ago and someone suggested to keep printscreens of the medal screen, procedure being hit printscreen when the medal screen is on, alt tab out to desktop then open ms paint or better and paste the image, save as a jpg or bmp and keep them in a folder somwhere. I can't get text for foreign medals in either wov or sf so it looks like it will be a tedious yet easy (hopes) ini tweaking session at some point