Sign in to follow this  
orsin

Lock down without a warning on RWR?

I was a bit of curious to figure out this:

I flied a F-15 against a F16 ADF Blk 15 (dont actually remember where it came from, probably the one made by USAFMTL) and I found my RWR has no detection of the F16's radar at all. I tried Su27, Mig23MLD, etc and none respond to the lock on.

Who knows how to make an aircraft like that?

I was a bit of curious to figure out this:

I flied a F-15 against a F16 ADF Blk 15 (dont actually remember where it came from, probably the one made by USAFMTL) and I found my RWR has no detection of the F16's radar at all. I tried Su27, Mig23MLD, etc and none respond to the lock on.

Who knows how to make an aircraft like that?

It's probably a a sound file issue. Open the aircraft's avionics.ini file and look under the RWR section and make sure that the two sounds listed at the bottom of the section are actually in your "Sounds" folder. If not, change the ini entry to a sound that is in your Sounds folder.

Edited by drdoyo

thanks for reply.

However, sure not a sound issue. I cannot "see" the f16's scanning or tracking on my jet through RWR.

You sure the F-16 has it's radar on or that's it's working properly?

FastCargo

When you say that you did not recieve a warning, do you mean that there was no lock tone, or no tone at all (track or lock) ? If it's the latter, then it's probably the issue that Drdoyo mentioned.

If there was a track tone, at but no lock tone, then you may have simply been hit by an IRM. For the record, I've had AI models launch IRMs at me with no radar warning at all (visual or aural).

When you say that you did not recieve a warning, do you mean that there was no lock tone, or no tone at all (track or lock) ? If it's the latter, then it's probably the issue that Drdoyo mentioned.

If there was a track tone, at but no lock tone, then you may have simply been hit by an IRM. For the record, I've had AI models launch IRMs at me with no radar warning at all (visual or aural).

When I say no warning. it means

1. Throughout the entire game, cannot see the F16 on my RWR screen, no blot at all.

2. No tone at all

3. I was shot down by Sparrow

Edited by orsin

You sure the F-16 has it's radar on or that's it's working properly?

FastCargo

when I fly the F16 itself, the radar seems ok

OK, I need to know which F-16 you have. Is it the Mirage Factory's?

Here's an image of the RWR on an F-16 in one of my WoE installs. I've added custom symbology to help discriminate between air and ground-based emitters, and symbols to differentiate whether the emitter was searching for me, had acquired me, or had achieved lock.

gallery_279_43_59416.jpg

That's slick!!! Almost looks like how I remember Falcon4

Are they ready for release??? They'd be a cool add on, Ed!!

Wrench

kevin stein

That's slick!!! Almost looks like how I remember Falcon4

Are they ready for release??? They'd be a cool add on, Ed!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Kevin,

The RWR threat icons are from the F-15C model that we released almost two years ago. If you want, I'll send then to you, and you can release them with instructions on how to install and use them.