Pilatus PC-9/A

Pilatus PC-9/A

This is a thrid party addon of the PC-9/A as used by the Royal Australian Air Force. Includes three skins for FAC Development Unit, Central Flying School (Roulettes) and 2 Flying Training School.

Read the Readme.txt file for installation instructions and credits.

Enjoy!

Dels

Bad ass plane man! I am a huge fan of the PC-9/A! I like the cockpit too.

Does this mean there will be a T-6 Texan II in the not too distant future? I would figure it to be a quick texture update, and an all glass cockpit!

Thanks man!

Sweeeeeeeet Swissssssssssss !

Thanks a lot, very nice pit too.........

Aju,

Derk :victory: ,

Bad ass plane man! I am a huge fan of the PC-9/A! I like the cockpit too.

Does this mean there will be a T-6 Texan II in the not too distant future? I would figure it to be a quick texture update, and an all glass cockpit!

Thanks man!

The Texan II is slightly different to the PC-9/A (canopy, ventral fins etc.) I've never seen a cockpit picture of the Texan II but I guess it wouldn't be too different.

Making a Texan II wouldn't be high on my priority list at the moment, but I wouldn't be totally against it. In the mean time, I'm sure someone would be happy to release a modified skin to make my PC-9/A look like a Texan II.

Guest Saganuay82

Well, I guess I'll paint that blue and slap the NATO star on it.

Guest Saganuay82

NFTCHarvardII.jpg

WIP

The Texan II is slightly different to the PC-9/A (canopy, ventral fins etc.) I've never seen a cockpit picture of the Texan II but I guess it wouldn't be too different.

Making a Texan II wouldn't be high on my priority list at the moment, but I wouldn't be totally against it. In the mean time, I'm sure someone would be happy to release a modified skin to make my PC-9/A look like a Texan II.

Still a nice plane man!

Saganuay, nice Canadian Skin you have there!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...ficial%26sa%3DN

Looks like it is not that much different at all!

http://uscockpits.com/Trainers/T-6A%20Texan%20II%20Front.JPG

That website has lots of cockpit examples to look at. Most are Honeywell gauges, I have sat in this aircraft before. I have also seen it fly, it is one very agile plane, and has a unique engine sound.

Perhaps I can slap a paint scheme on it, I have a ton of repaints I have done with FS2004, but I have yet to undertake one in this game series yet. Too bad there is not a nifty program to paint planes, lik in FS. FSRepaint by abacus makes it so easy....a caveman could do it(sorry, a geico commercial was on when I was typing)

Do I have permission to give this plane a facelift, if able, and needed?

Edited by WombRaider

Guest Saganuay82

Thanks.

The T-6A Texan II is a single-engined turboprop aircraft built by the Raytheon Aircraft Company (now Hawker Beechcraft). It is used by the United States Air Force for basic pilot training and by the United States Navy for Primary and Intermediate Joint Naval Flight Officer (NFO) and Air Force Navigator / Weapon Systems Officer (WSO) training. It is replacing the Air Force's T-37B Tweet and the Navy's T-34C Turbo Mentor. The T-6A is also used as a basic trainer by the Canadian Forces (CT-156 Harvard II) and the Greek Air Force.

The T-6 is a version of the Pilatus PC-9, modified by Beechcraft in order to enter the Joint Primary Aircraft Training System (JPATS) competition in the 1990s. The aircraft was designated under the 1962 United States Tri-Service aircraft designation system named for the decades-earlier T-6 Texan. A similar arrangement between Pilatus and British Aerospace had also been in place for an RAF competition in the 1980s, although this competition selection the Shorts Tucano. The Beechcraft brand has since been purchased from Raytheon by Onex Corporation as Hawker Beechcraft [1].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-6_Texan_II

We call it the CT-156 Harvard II.

You can repaint anything you want for your game. If you post it for download here, you have to give the credit to whatever painters skin you used to base it on in a Read Me. That is if you used anything from the orig paint. If you make everything on your own, decals, panel lines, paint then nothing to worry about for credit.

Thanks.

The T-6A Texan II is a single-engined turboprop aircraft built by the Raytheon Aircraft Company (now Hawker Beechcraft). It is used by the United States Air Force for basic pilot training and by the United States Navy for Primary and Intermediate Joint Naval Flight Officer (NFO) and Air Force Navigator / Weapon Systems Officer (WSO) training. It is replacing the Air Force's T-37B Tweet and the Navy's T-34C Turbo Mentor. The T-6A is also used as a basic trainer by the Canadian Forces (CT-156 Harvard II) and the Greek Air Force.

The T-6 is a version of the Pilatus PC-9, modified by Beechcraft in order to enter the Joint Primary Aircraft Training System (JPATS) competition in the 1990s. The aircraft was designated under the 1962 United States Tri-Service aircraft designation system named for the decades-earlier T-6 Texan. A similar arrangement between Pilatus and British Aerospace had also been in place for an RAF competition in the 1980s, although this competition selection the Shorts Tucano. The Beechcraft brand has since been purchased from Raytheon by Onex Corporation as Hawker Beechcraft [1].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-6_Texan_II

We call it the CT-156 Harvard II.

You can repaint anything you want for your game. If you post it for download here, you have to give the credit to whatever painters skin you used to base it on in a Read Me. That is if you used anything from the orig paint. If you make everything on your own, decals, panel lines, paint then nothing to worry about for credit.

Good old wiki! That site is great, but it is plagued by idiots that do not know history, or anything, but yet seem compelled to write it. Wiki lets them post it as fact too. But, I have not came across too much that is BS on there.

I have already started with my little project. I am definitely making the airforce version, and if I can find some good pics of it, I will make an attempt on the USN version. I am not going to mess with the cockpit, other than painting it grey, like it is. I see a blue gray in the pics, but when I saw it in real life, it seemed a bit greyer to me.

Thanks Saganuay for you advice, if I need help, would I be able to send you a PM for some of your SFP1 -Guru advice?

Thanks

Guest Saganuay82

"SFP1 -Guru" LOL

Yep sure

Beech1.jpg

Here is the WIP. I am going to need some help placing decals, I could just paint some on, but I want it to have different squadron numbers, and such. Saganuay, I might need a little advice in that category. I think she is going good though. I might take on the Navy variant next. If I post it, I will give the author full credit for it. I think she looks shockingly close!

Guest Saganuay82

Ya may as well get up on ICQ dude since its easier to transfer stuff like TGAs. Welcome to modding, you can never leave now. :haha:

I have been a busy bee modding this game. Half of the available stuff did not work, or it needed some help. I have well over 300 planes, helos, and etc. I have almost all of the scenery. I have all the carriers, and have made them all work, flawlessly. The biggest thing is bringing all the stuff up to speed for the update. I have made a huge installer too (C6 mega, eat your frenchie heart out) that is almost 3 gigs! I used clickteam for it. I am a huge fan of gaming, but find myself modding them more than anything. You should see my FS2004 collection!

I will look into the program, I have Irfanview, Photoshop, and good old paint, used all three so far for thepaint. The cheater tools are such a godsend in PS.

Thanks

Welcome to the dark side WombRaider.

Thanks for the welcoming, to the dark side. I think I can put my skills to the test here. I have finished the plane, except for just the squadron badges, I decided to make the basic insignias, and such default, and have the different tail numbers. Is there perhaps a post int he knowledge base on decal application? I only need numbers and letters. I could just make one squadron, but why not go all out :wink:

Any help with this would be appreciated. I am going to just add the blue air force wing logo, and call it a night!

RECENT WIP SHOT.

12DESKIE.jpg

I cannot stress enough how much I appreciate this plane,mdelmast, I have long awaited for there to be one worth a damn for FS2004, but no one wanted to gravy train it in the payware, and the freeware one sucked. Leave it to a freeware combatsim to come through! This plane is great.

I have also made new loading screens, and hangar screens. I would like to throw it in an installer, by clickteam when I am finished. If you want me to, I will also include your aircraft in the package, as a separate folder, and all. I was also going to include the soundfile, and such. PM me with a readme, or license agreement, if you want it posted in the installer, or if you do not want me to do this at all. I can also add some pics, and other snazzy stuff for it.

Let me know!

Thanks!

Edited by WombRaider

Guest Charles

Very nice aircraft, Mdelmast, and a great cockpit.

It goes very nicely in my dedicated ADF install of SF, in Edward's modern Darwin/Timor terrain.

Thanks a lot.

Guest Sony Tuckson

Nice job, both models and expected skins!!!

Thanks for the welcoming, to the dark side. I think I can put my skills to the test here. I have finished the plane, except for just the squadron badges, I decided to make the basic insignias, and such default, and have the different tail numbers. Is there perhaps a post int he knowledge base on decal application? I only need numbers and letters. I could just make one squadron, but why not go all out :wink: Any help with this would be appreciated. I am going to just add the blue air force wing logo, and call it a night!RECENT WIP SHOT.12DESKIE.jpgI cannot stress enough how much I appreciate this plane,mdelmast, I have long awaited for there to be one worth a damn for FS2004, but no one wanted to gravy train it in the payware, and the freeware one sucked. Leave it to a freeware combatsim to come through! This plane is great.I have also made new loading screens, and hangar screens. I would like to throw it in an installer, by clickteam when I am finished. If you want me to, I will also include your aircraft in the package, as a separate folder, and all. I was also going to include the soundfile, and such. PM me with a readme, or license agreement, if you want it posted in the installer, or if you do not want me to do this at all. I can also add some pics, and other snazzy stuff for it. Let me know!Thanks!
Oh I like that alot....going to have to put that in my hanger too. :biggrin:
Very nice aircraft, Mdelmast, and a great cockpit. It goes very nicely in my dedicated ADF install of SF, in Edward's modern Darwin/Timor terrain. Thanks a lot.
Hey Charles, is that terrain available by any chance?

Guest Charles

It is a modern-day rejig by Edward of his WWII Darwin/Timor terrain, still a WIP I think - I will ask him where it is up to, though.

It is a modern-day rejig by Edward of his WWII Darwin/Timor terrain, still a WIP I think - I will ask him where it is up to, though.

Many thanks sir!

OK!

I finished my mod of the plane, and made a nifty installer, and used the original readme in it. I would like your permission to post it MdelMast. I included your aircraft in it as well, it is only 6 megabytes too! If you want me to not post the aircraft, or take your plane out, or whatever you would like, let me know.

I also included a blank template, that just needs logos, and numbers on the vertical tail, in decal format. I hard typed them to the main templates, with good results, but I want number selection! Any help in this would be appreciated, and I will redo the installer, and repost it, if someone would kindly help me out! My edition is done, except for that little detail.

Waiting on permission, and I will post it afterwards!

Thanks

WombRaider

Edited by WombRaider

Oh, almost forgot the preview pictures.

Here we have 2 T-6A Texans, flying some formations off of the Bering Straight.

img00011.jpg

img00012.jpg

There is a reskinned pit too, I almost matched the real thing!

WombRaider

Edited by WombRaider

BUMP

Any answer on that yet?

I suggest a PM to him.

Guest Charles

The word is that the Darwin 2005 terrain is still a WIP. At present it is the usual 60% of real-size, but Edward is planning to make it a 100% world, which apparently takes a fair bit of extra time.