Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Got Word From The Navy

As most of the members know my dad passed away last year. He wanted to be buried at sea as befits any Sailor. Last week the Navy informed us that he will be placed aboard an out bound ship within the next couple of months. It's taken over a year but he's finally got his Orders. We'll be notified when the boat leaves so we can all go down to San Diego to say good bye. Hopefully he'll be placed at the junction of the international date line and the equator as befits a Shellback.

I do feel sorry for the burial detail, his wish was for a simple metal box, my cousin owns an oil-field machine shop had his urn turned from some titanium/steel alloy in the form of a Naval artillery round. We were told that he's been on the Quarter Deck since his arrival at the facility that handles the burials at sea. Seem that there is no rest for a good Chief.

Hand Salute............................... 2

Fair Winds and Following Seas

S!

Amen. May he rest in peace.

Guest 531_Ghost

As my Father too passed, he awaits the passing of my Mother to be set adrift in the Mystic River, together.

No, Chiefs never sleep.

~S~

The highest honor you can bestow on a person is to grant their last wishes. I'm glad the Navy is facilitating that.