Sign in to follow this  
i90807065

Aircraft questions

What do modelers use to make planes? Is it free? Also, how do you make effects? I am curious because I just tested the limits of the game on my pc. I got a plane that goes 100,000 ft up but is still somewhat controllable. This gives me an idea for a satellite-like craft. :biggrin: I just need to make a good model for it that has AI turrets on it.

Edited by i90807065

What do modelers use to make planes? Is it free? Also, how do you make effects? I am curious because I just tested the limits of the game on my pc. I got a plane that goes 100,000 ft up but is still somewhat controllable. This gives me an idea for a satellite-like craft. :biggrin: I just need to make a good model for it that has AI turrets on it.

3D Studio Max is used to create the planes. It is, however, not free. (I would say the cost is outrageous, but that's because I'm cheap.) It comes with a 30 day free trial. There are ways of making it registered, but those are of questionable legality.

By the way, that satellite sounds cool.

You can use other 3D programmes to make the models but ultimately 3DMax must be used to export the model into the format for the game.

In other words if you have a 3D programme but not 3DMax you can hand your model on to someone with 3DMax to export.

Ok I got GMAX but Im still trying to figure it out so it may take a while to get the model built and it may not be good (for looking at) but besides that thx.

3D max,but there´s also Gmax.

I have Gmax,but I can´t use it...Ah,if I knew how to....

What plane is that?

A miniaturized ARKBIRD from ACE COMBAT 5 THE UNSUNG WAR

DUDE! You are my new best friend. Any chance that you could also make an XFA-27 (AC2/ACX) and ADFX-01 Morgan?