Sign in to follow this  
drdoyo

Who likes Flanker skins?

4 skins made from Marcfighter's SU-27 tamplate ......THANKS Marcello for building the excellent Su-27 template and model!!!!!

The Red Banner Northern division of the drdoyo paint dome is happy to share a look at some work I'm hoping to present early next week. These 4 skins were based on photos of Su-33s. Two are very close representations of actual aircraft. Two were inspired by less than perfect lighting in some photos.

First the close representations

#37 ...This was my favorite.

#79 ....As this one developed in the last 2 weeks it has become my favorite :biggrin:

Next a variation of #79 which looked at first like a 2 tone scheme due to low lighting in the photo, until I looked closer.

Finally a one tone scheme from a photo of three Su-33s lined up. All three looked one tone at first, then a closer look showed a faded pattern on the two far aircraft. The nearest aircraft showed no discernable evidence of a pattern due to lighting, but may have had one. I liked it enough to paint it.

# 86 ....

This will be a pack of all 4 skins and two decal sets (Red numbers and Blue numbers)

Edited by drdoyo