Sign in to follow this  
Spectre_USA

Nellis AFB, 1959 LIVE FIRE Air show!

Ok now that was damn cool!

Awesome stuff. Can't see them doing that today.

They do live fire demo still. Went to one last year, watcherd a B-52H drop CBU's......it was awesome.

I doubt it.

I hear the only live fire shows still going on are in Switzerland, of all places.

They usually do that chumpy Hollywood deal with a gadzillion gallons of gas, and touch it off when some aircraft makes a low pass.

Big whoop.

Do you know they cancelled the Fairchild AFB airshow 2 weekends ago, with no notice? I checked the local paper on Thursday, showed up with the whole fam-damily

on Saturday morn', and they said, "sorry, the paper made a mistake. It is postponed until next year." Postponed? Sounds like cancelled!

And on the 60th Anniversary of the USAF?

I am deeply appalled. I wanted to see the Raptor in real life, and the OV-22 was to make an appearance.

Badly miffed, I am.

Miffed? Yeah, me too. A year after I started working here, in 2003, there was an airshow with the T-birds AND Blue Angels. It's supposed to be a biannual event, but the 2005 event was cancelled because of "the combined pressures of overseas commitments and an upcoming ORI". The ORI was done a good month plus before the event would've happened, and the BA's and TB's aren't affected by that stuff anyway. I don't know what the deal was. Then early this year I heard talk of the return again...and it just never happened. :angry:

Nothing worse than working at an AF base for over 5 years and only getting 1 airshow over 4 years back...

I'll have to post the CAPSTONE video from 2005/06 or so. Just have to transfer it over from the desktop, then upload it. :)