Sign in to follow this  
SkyStrike

Is it possible to make the B-17, B-24, B-29, and TBF Avenger torpedo bomber Flyable in Pacific figters/ IL2 FB/ IL2 1946?

Hi there...

Does anyone know whether it's possible to make the following aircraft flyable in Il2:Forgotten Battles, Pacific Fighters, & IL2:1946?:

B-17 Flying Fortress, (At least the 'G' model)

B-24 Liberator

B-29 Superfortress

TBF / TBM Avenger..

Is there any patch/ mod available to make these aircraft flyable?

One more thing..:

Is there a flyable P-61 Black Widow for Pacific Fighters? One of the best night fighters in WWII and no new WWII Sim has a flyable P-61...

Thanks..

Cheers..

Only from OUTSIDE the plane. YOu can not fly them from cockpit views because they do not have a cockpit.

No there is no P-61.

It would be great if you could tell us HOW to make them flyable too, please.

What you need to do is go into your missions folder of your IL2 1946 folder. Go into whatever type of mission you want to fly it in. Co-op, single, net, dogfight whatever.

Inside that folder you will see two files for each mission type. You will see a .mis and a properties file.

Open the .mis file with Wordpad or notepad.

You should see a list of planes like this...

[bornPlace0]

A-20C

A-20G

B-25J-1NA

BuffaloMkI

F2A-2

F4F-3

F4F-4

FM-2

F4U-1A

F4U-1C

F6F-3

F6F-5

P-38J

P-38L

P-38L_Late

P-400

P-39D1

P-39D2

P-39N1

P-39Q-1

P-39Q-10

Hawk81A-2

P-40B

P-40C

TomahawkMkIIa

TomahawkMkIIb

P-40E

P-40E-M-105

P-40M

P-47D-10

P-47D-22

P-47D-27

P-47D

P-51B-NA

P-51C-NT

P-51D-5NT

P-51D-20NA

P-63C

SBD-3

SBD-5

This list designates what planes are available to fly at what base.

EDIT that list by adding in the planes you wish to make Flyable... like this.

[bornPlace0]

A-20C

A-20G

B-17D

B-17E

B-17F

B-17G

B-24J-100-CF

B-25J-1NA

B-29

BuffaloMkI

F2A-2

F4F-3

F4F-4

FM-2

F4U-1A

F4U-1C

F4U-1D

F6F-3

F6F-5

P-38J

P-38L

P-38L_Late

P-400

P-39D1

P-39D2

P-39N1

P-39Q-1

P-39Q-10

Hawk81A-2

P-40B

P-40C

TomahawkMkIIa

TomahawkMkIIb

P-40E

P-40E-M-105

P-40M

P-47D-10

P-47D-22

P-47D-27

P-47D

P-51B-NA

P-51C-NT

P-51D-5NT

P-51D-20NA

MustangIII

P-63C

SBD-3

SBD-5

TBF-1

TBF-1C

Then save the .mis file. The other important item to note uis the plane as added to the list must be exactly what the folder for the plane is labeled as.

Start the game up and go into the mission.

****Important note****

YOU HAVE to fly a normally flyble plane first! THEN you can fly the newly added plane.

The only views you will have to fly from are external views, no bomb site and no switching to gunner positions.

Other than that you will be golden.

Edited by {FL}Hausser

What you need to do is go into your missions folder of your IL2 1946 folder. Go into whatever type of mission you want to fly it in. Co-op, single, net, dogfight whatever.

Inside that folder you will see two files for each mission type. You will see a .mis and a properties file.

Then save the .mis file. The other important item to note uis the plane as added to the list must be exactly what the folder for the plane is labeled as.

****Important note****

YOU HAVE to fly a normally flyble plane first! THEN you can fly the newly added plane.

The only views you will have to fly from are external views, no bomb site and no switching to gunner positions.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions...

Will there be interiors i.e. (Cockpits & gunner positions) modeled For the above aircraft sometime in the future in order to make these aircraft flyable by default?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions...

Will there be interiors i.e. (Cockpits & gunner positions) modeled For the above aircraft sometime in the future in order to make these aircraft flyable by default?

Probably not since the game itself is not modable and they are developing the Battle of Britain series now.

****Important note****

Does this feature work only for IL2: 1946? I'm asking because i tried the same for Pacific Fighters but there was no aircraft list like the one you described in any of the .mis files..

is there a way to use other pits for the above planes?

No not that I have ever seen posted anywhere.

Does this feature work only for IL2: 1946? I'm asking because i tried the same for Pacific Fighters but there was no aircraft list like the one you described in any of the .mis files..

PF by itself has far fewer planes available. Il-2 46 has literally hundreds in total.

PF by itself has far fewer planes available. Il-2 46 has literally hundreds in total.

Yes what you say is true... Its choice of flyable fighter aircraft is pretty good...

But unfortunately I can't say the same for its choince of flyable bombers:

The best heavy bombers of the war: i.e. the B-17, B-24 & B-29 remain AI controlled aircraft & the only flyable "heavy" bomber is that antiquated rustbucket called the Tupolev TB-3... I'ts supposed to be a

4-engined heavy bomber but caries only a 2000lb bomb load..

Single engined fighters like the Spitfire, Mustang & the P-47 could also carry the same bomb load...

If there's going to be an Il2:1946 update I sure hope they make at least the REAL heavy bombers flyable...

Nope. Won't ever happen with Il-2.

Do remember the game as originally envisioned was about flying the Il-2 and its variants ONLY. Other planes were added to make it have wider appeal, and now it has more stock flyable planes than any other sim ever made. However, many compromises were made for that to happen and I don't think heavy bombers would work right.

Look for SoW:BoB and its descendants to change that, though.

There is a list there. You just need to locate it. That list is what designates what planes are present and flyable for a particular mission. It may not be nearly as long for a regular mission as it was in my post. My post was from a dog fight mission.

And it does work for all versions of the IL2 series. I was editing missions for PF and AEP long before 1946 came around.

I do not believe you can edit them to make them flyable for a regular single player mission or co-op missions. Only co-op dogfight stuff.

Nope. Won't ever happen with Il-2.

Do remember the game as originally envisioned was about flying the Il-2 and its variants ONLY. Other planes were added to make it have wider appeal, and now it has more stock flyable planes than any other sim ever made. However, many compromises were made for that to happen and I don't think heavy bombers would work right.

Why not??? medium bombers like the He111, Ju88, A-20 Havoc & B-25J Mitchell are flyable & the heavy bombers mentioned earlier are just larger versions of their medium bretheren...... If it's the difference in bombsights & gun turrets, all American heavy & medium bombers used the Norden bombsight & 50 caliber M2 machine guns for defence right?

I still don't understand why the TB-3 is the only flyable heavy bomber... in fact I seriously doubt it had anything worth calling a combat record.......

Besides In all games of the Il2 series every plane is detailed to the dot... it's a crying shame that all of them (at least the most famous of the war like the above mentioned) aren't flyable while certain aircraft with obsolete designs like the TB-3 and sadly the F2A Buffalo (which was swatted like a fly by the A6M Zero) are flyable...

Edited by Tomcat_ace

There is a list there. You just need to locate it. That list is what designates what planes are present and flyable for a particular mission. It may not be nearly as long for a regular mission as it was in my post. My post was from a dog fight mission.

And it does work for all versions of the IL2 series. I was editing missions for PF and AEP long before 1946 came around.

I do not believe you can edit them to make them flyable for a regular single player mission or co-op missions. Only co-op dogfight stuff.

All right, Fine, Thanks, but is this what you meant?

The above mentioned aircraft can only be flown in multiplayer missions and not in any of the single player missions and quick missions...

i have another question? is it possible to add another flyable aircraft to single missions which permit you to fly only one type of aircraft?

eg. Is it possible to add a player flyable F6F Hellcat to an existing single mission which permits you to fly only an F4F Wildcat?

Thanks again.

Cheers!

Edited by Tomcat_ace

Look for SoW:BoB and its descendants to change that, though.

Yes.. That's the only thing we can hope for.. Sow:BoB's descendants.. not for SoW though..... because by the name of the game, it sounds like the only flyable aircraft will be early model Messerschmitts, Spitfires, Hurricanes and perhaps an FW190, with regard to fighters. And with regard to bombers, onlyDorniers, Junkers & Heinkels...

All right, Fine, Thanks, but is this what you meant?

The above mentioned aircraft can only be flown in multiplayer missions and not in any of the single player missions and quick missions...

i have another question? is it possible to add another flyable aircraft to single missions which permit you to fly only one type of aircraft?

eg. Is it possible to add a player flyable F6F Hellcat to an existing single mission which permits you to fly only an F4F Wildcat?

Thanks again.

Cheers!

That should be easy to do.

When you open the .mis file for a given SP mission you should see something like this in there...

[Wing]

8AF_339FG_504FS10

I_JG202

Stab_JG2600

RAF_No112SQN01

I_KG4012

gb0103

This designates the "units" that are present in the mission. Scroll down until you find the unit.

[8AF_339FG_504FS10]

Planes 4

Skill0 3

Skill1 2

Skill2 3

Skill3 2

Class air.P_51B

Fuel 75

weapons 2x500

You should be able to edit the third to last entry to whatever oplane you like. Make sure you adjust the weapons as necessary to fit the new plane as well. The plane entry (bolded above) should math the plane folder name.

Save it and it should work. I have never tried this before but it should work.

Your other alternative is to open the mission builder (full not quick) and open the particular mission you wish to edit. Then find the unit and it's way point. Click on it, then change the plane type there. Save it and you are done.

That should be easy to do.

When you open the .mis file for a given SP mission you should see something like this in there...

This designates the "units" that are present in the mission. Scroll down until you find the unit.

You should be able to edit the third to last entry to whatever oplane you like. Make sure you adjust the weapons as necessary to fit the new plane as well. The plane entry (bolded above) should math the plane folder name.

Save it and it should work. I have never tried this before but it should work.

Your other alternative is to open the mission builder (full not quick) and open the particular mission you wish to edit. Then find the unit and it's way point. Click on it, then change the plane type there. Save it and you are done.

It's possible to do that using the full missiom builder??? Excellent!!!!!

Is it possible make non flyable aircraft especially the ones mentioned in the list player flyable in the quick mission builder? if so how?

Thanks

Cheers!

It's possible to do that using the full missiom builder??? Excellent!!!!! Yes

Is it possible make non flyable aircraft especially the ones mentioned in the list player flyable in the quick mission builder? No

Thanks

Cheers!

Edited by {FL}Hausser

Probably not since the game itself is not modable and they are developing the Battle of Britain series now.

lol not modable :ok: ? mine is. Also Cockpits can be used on various Ai aircraft for temp if i was to figure it out. but people dont like hearing the word modding and il2 in the same sentence.

Edited by Hellzone

lol not modable :ok: ? mine is. Also Cockpits can be used on various Ai aircraft for temp if i was to figure it out. but people dont like hearing the word modding and il2 in the same sentence.

It's possible to do that???? Please could you tell us how to do so?

Thanks...

Nothing is impossiable people.... no game is secure. Limitations of a game is complete bulls**t, thats where i come in. Yes it's possiable. I have Wingsmoke mods, Aircraft Speed edits for "tests only" Working on Java Required for pairing aircraft to cockpits.

For Example B-29 with a B-25 cockpit, "TEMP"

Yes it's possable. Can i tell you.... check PM

It's possible to do that???? Please could you tell us how to do so?

Thanks...

cool.bmp

I understand. Thats a good idea, i dont think you can enable something like that with out editing the game files. I will look into that. We are getting way off topic.

Edited by Hellzone