Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Goodnight Ms Moneypenny

Wow....I saw my first Bond film, "Live and Let Die", back in the summer of 1973, with my older brother. He was surprised to see the same actors reprising their "M" and Moneypenny roles, but I recall that he was somehow disappointed with Moore's portrayal of Bond.

I guess Lois Maxwell was in her mid-40's back then, having played the role of Miss Moneypenny for over 10 years before that film. And, she was still at it 12 years later, ending her run in that series alongside Roger Moore in "A View to a Kill" (1985).

Godspeed, Miss Moneypenny.

Yup, she was in her mid 30s for the start and was 58 for her last.

Moneypenny, what will we do without you?

Although other actresses have played her, most recently and decently Samantha Bond for the Brosnan films, Maxwell was the one everyone will remember.

Whilst I'll always will miss more Desmond Llevelyn out of the entire cast (because the poor man had the misfortune of dying in a replacement car because I bet Bond blew his usual ride to bits whilst chasing or escaping from some bad guys), it's always sad to see someone else go... I guess the original James Bond outlives them all... S!

Edited by TX3RN0BILL