Sign in to follow this  

Is there a Pacific Terrain that goes by the designation PAW1. I was trying to install the Enterprise CV-6 and it came with a mission that referred to the PAW1 map. I have not seen this terrain and was unable to locate it. If i missed it I apologize. In any regards thanks for any help. I am really getting in to my warbirds as of late :biggrin:

OK...

I found it :blink: But, I can't make it work. I get a nice blue ocean and that's it.

Edited by USMC Hawker

It's been repjlace by FAR better terrains:

Solomons

New Gueina

Burma

Japan (includes Okinawa)

Phillipines

Darwin

all should be here at CA

Wrench

kevin stein

Solomons

New Gueina

Burma

Japan (includes Okinawa)

Phillipines

Darwin

all should be here at CA

Wrench

kevin stein

Without wishing to hijack the thread, and I certainly don'twant to stray into any real world issues, your list above got me thinking Kevin. I know that you are 'modernising' one of the Pacific terrains at the moment. How about looking at the Burma terrain sometime in the future? Maybe wiyth a view to some sort of fictional UN intervention campaign?

I took a quick look at the Wiki article on the Burmese AF here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burma_Air_Force

We have a surpising amount of their equipment either in existence or in WIP. Here are the highlights:

Equipment

Fighters/Interceptors

52 × Chengdu F-7s equipped with French R550 Magic Air-to-air missiles) (PRC)

12 × MiG-29A/B (Russia) (Additional Mig-29s ordered in 2006 .) [2]

Fighters/Ground Attack

16 × Shenyang J-6 (PRC)

48 × Nanchang A-5 (PRC)

Counterinsurgency

12 × G-4 Super Galeb (Yugoslavia)

7 × Pilatus PC-9(Switzerland)

14 × Pilatus PC-7(Switzerland)

Transport

6 × SAC Y-8D2/Antonov An-12 (PRC)

2 × Fokker F-27 (Netherlands)

3 × Fairchild-Hiller FH-227B (US)

3 × Beechcraft D-18S (US)

Training & Maritime Survillence

2 × Mig-29UB (Russia) - more on order

10 × GAIC FT-7 (PRC)

4 × Shanyang FT-6 (PRC)

24 × Hongdu K-8 (PRC)

5 × Pilatus PC-7 (Switzerland)

2 × Britten-Norman Islander (Transferred by India in August 2006)

Liaison Aircraft

4 × Cessna 180 (US)

1 × Cessna 550 (US)

5 × Pilatus PC-6A/B Turbo Porter

Helicopters

11 × Mi-17 (Russia)

22 × UH-1 Iroquois (US)

20 × W-3 Sokół (Poland)

20 × Mi-2 Hoplite (Poland)

?? × HAL Dhruv (India - transferred in late 2006)

6 × Bell 206 Jet Ranger (US)

6 × SA-316B Alouette III (France)

Serials and Markings

Myanmar national insignia (white triangle with yellow field in the center and borders in blue) is usually applied on six positions. The serialling system of Myanmar Air Force aircraft is suggested to serve as both – unit and individual aircraft identity, this could not be confirmed so far, however. Most of the older airplanes carried the serials with the prefix “UB” and the numbers in Burmese. Sometimes the serials were outlined in white. Combat aircraft generally carry serials in black.

SA.316B Alouette III: Dark Green overall, large black serial on the boom: UB6101 (unit unknown).

UH-1H: camouflage colours unknown, serials reported to be 6201 through 6218 (unit unknown).

F.27 Troopship: white overall, double black cheat line along the fuselage, black serial on the forward part of the fin: 5001 (unit unknown).

PC-6B: Dark Earth on Light Earth over, Sky under, white serial on the rear fuselage: 50+04 (unit unknown).

PC-7: Dark Grey or Dark Olive Green overall, black anti-glare panels in front of the cockpit, ruder checkered in black and yellow, serials in white, split by the national marking: 23+01 through 23+16 (two of original Swiss civil codes are also known: HB-HQA and HB-HQB), (Flying School).

PC-9: like above; serials unknown (unit unknown).

G-4 Super Galeb: Dark Olive Drab over, Sky under; white serial on the nose: 371, 376 (Fighter Training School/COIN Squadron).

F-7M: Dark Grey and Dark Green over, Light Blue underneath, national markings on the top of the fin and on rear fuselage (over the trailing edge); serial in White split by the national marking: 16+22.

A-5M: Dark Green/Dark Earth/Sand over, Sky under; black serial on the fin: 1503 (unit unknown, but could be the 1st Wing).

W-3: Black or Dark Green overall, national marking on the fin, no serials visible.

MiG-29: "Russian" Light Blue overall, with "Azur" Blue and Light Blue fields on upper surfaces; national markings on the fin and behind the cockpit; serial in Arabic characters applied in black on the fin, and repeated in Burmese characters of each side of the cockard: 27+09/2709.

K-8: White over, red under; wings in white with red wingtips, rudder checkered in yellow and black, black serials on the fin, repated large around the national marking on the rear fuselage: 39+07 (Flying School).

Modernization Programme

In the early 1990s, The Burmese Air Force upgraded its facilities and introduced two new Air Base headquarters and existing Air Base headquarterss were renamed. It also significantly upgraded its radar and electronic warfare facilities. Consequently, Israel was contracted to refurbish and upgrade all the surviving 36 F-7s and FT-7s: these were to get the Elta EL/M-2032 air-to-air radar, Rafael Python Mk. III and even Litening laser-designator pods. The same equipment was then installed on the two-seater FT-7 fighter trainers as well. In a related deal, Israel delivered to Myanmar at least one consignment of laser-guided bombs, but no deliveries of any other (except mentioned) weapons are known. Since the Elbit contract was won in 1997, the air force has acquired at least one more squadron of F-7 and FT-7 aircraft from China, but these were not upgraded.

You mean Myanmar terrain. :wink:

:rofl::haha::good::biggrin:

Solomons

New Gueina

Burma

Japan (includes Okinawa)

Phillipines

Darwin

all should be here at CA

Wrench

kevin stein

Can anybody point me to the Japan terrain???

I looked all around but cannot find that one!

Big thanks in advance!

Best regards, Kodiak.

My mistake...the Japan Home Islands Terrain is called "Okinawa".

I can't seem to find it either....here or at AvSim. (where the old New Guiena, Phillipines, Burma/China are) The full scale NG is here.

The "Pacific" objects are also at Avsim, although some might be here.

Be advised, NONE of them have been upgraded to the latest groundobject format, and will need rebuilding by the end user (simple ini edit)

I'll have to check with the other Moderators, as I'm not sure what Edward's policy is on unauthorized uploads, before putting it here. Also have to check and see if I made any changes to it...not much of anything I have is 'stock'.

Wrench

kevin stein