Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Luftwaffe gun pods/gondolas...

Question for the Experten...

I think I've come up with a "workable" fix for the underwing gun pods, both the R-5 MK 108 30mm and R-6 Mk 151 20mm.

Now,mind you, the 'pod' isn't exactly the correct shape, and it's missing the extended gun barrels for both/either....but it seems a best, closest fit (given the shape issues)

But I can't find any data in all my books (SSP, Mushroom, Kagero, etc) on how many rounds they each carried.

Given the size of the 30mm, would 60 be close?

Given the size of the 20mm, would 100 seem too far off??

TIA!

Wrench

kevin stein

Question for the Experten...

I think I've come up with a "workable" fix for the underwing gun pods, both the R-5 MK 108 30mm and R-6 Mk 151 20mm.

Now,mind you, the 'pod' isn't exactly the correct shape, and it's missing the extended gun barrels for both/either....but it seems a best, closest fit (given the shape issues)

But I can't find any data in all my books (SSP, Mushroom, Kagero, etc) on how many rounds they each carried.

Given the size of the 30mm, would 60 be close?

Given the size of the 20mm, would 100 seem too far off??

TIA!

Wrench

kevin stein

I seem to recall reading on the following site that the R-6 Mk 151 20mm pod carries 120 shells.

http://freespace.virgin.net/john.dell/bf10...109armament.htm

Bf 109G-6/R6 , each gondola holds 135 rounds of 20mm ammo

Ok, test shot....

This is the 109F4 modded into an early G6 (without erle haube hood), and of course we don't have the gun bulges. Yes, that's a new JG53 skin as well. The skin will be released no matter what....once I do a little more checking to see if 53 us the Fredrick. (as opposed to releasing this as a G6 ... which can be done)

109g6_gunpods_test.jpg

The pod is tweeked from the 30 cal one that Bunyap made for my Israeli Harvard mod, with new guns. There are 2, both use the same pod lod & bmp; the 20mm and 30mm units...

They may not look correct, but they work pretty good. I can always raise them up to 'hide' more of the pylon.

Although a NEW problem as developed...

every time you fire the guns, the landing gear pops out!!! (it was actually showing on screen, but the screenshot didn't catch it). We've had this before, to with the Phantoms and Vigi

What we really need are correct pods... there are several Luftwaffe pods in the weapons pak, but they are far to big to be usable. If they were/could be shrunk and reshaped....any 3d modeler up to making a couple of pods? I've got all the data ini stuff ready! :wink:

If you all don't mind NOT having the gun bulges, this mod can go out the door soon (if you don't mind incorrect gun gondola's, and probably the engine needs a little 'boost')

If I could figure out the engine stuff....I could probably make a passable K as well from the G10...sigh....

Profiles I got, templates I got...books I got...time I got!!!...job I ain't got (hence all the nonsense! :blink: )

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: have this too....don't know what it is, though.... :rofl:

unknown_plane.jpg

W

BF109:

Nose:

MG151/20 -200rds

MK108 -65rds

Wing gondolas(each):

MG151/20 -140rds

MK108 -35rds

FW190:

Mk108* - 55rds

Mk103 - 35rds

MG151/20 - 125rds(theese were with two cannons on each gondola, standard outer cannons were removed with this loadout

*- note that theese were not in gondola's but in wings(outer cannons)

Hope it helps, and BTW there's a Dora for SF???? :shok:

EDIT: Anyway if you need any kind of info on performace of various FW190 and BF109 variants(official documents), chances are I have it...

Edited by Brain32

I'll certainly take them, Wrench. Perfect, or not. Love to have them until a 3d modder makes a proper bath tub. And I'd like to see that sneaky screenshot released also. Gustav 6 and the Dora are the two biggest missing links for Luftwaffe WW2.

We don't have this one, either....

unknown_plane-2.jpg

On a happier note, now that I've got all the prop-head's attention, the AdA Hawk 75 is virtually done. Just need to write the detailed readme, giving all the proper credits - most to the Heck and Capun. (did I mention we have a new, rebuilded LOD for it??)

Also, nearly done with the definitive 190F Jabo, just need to tweek the skins a little more.

Here's an MTO version, SG4

mto_fw190f_sg4.jpg

There's another skin for SG2 attached to KG51 for the West. That Osprey 'Schlachtgruppen' book has been a great help! The SG2 version also needs some skin tweeks (I've decieded NOT to go with the modded MER, but just let the centerline bombs hang on their own - you probably won't be using all 4 stations for the most part -- but you CAN carry 8 SC-50s!)

So, even with the 'landing gear bobble', and no bulges, you all still want the G6??

Wrench

kevin stein

So, even with the 'landing gear bobble', and no bulges, you all still want the G6??

Wrench

kevin stein

I do! I do!

And the Dora... And the Ta... And the Fw...

Heck

Edited by Heck