Another reason to fly BUFFs...

gallery_12105_43_106137.jpg

Will release both clear and solid nose versions.

FastCargo

Toot toot!

Sierra Hotel FC.

Thank you! Much better than the version I made :)

Thanks a lot for this FC

Having a lot of fun with this in my SFGIsrael install. Took out an Egyptian bunker from over 100 miles away last night - just pressed E soon after take off and got the primary target, popped off a missile and got the target destroyed and mission accomplished message about 4 minutes later, before my Kurnass even crossed the border!

Just out of interest, doesn't the real life missile have some sort of data pod that you have to carry, like the Harpoon SLAM?

I believe you are correct. I remember seeing a picture when I was doing research that showed 2 Popeyes on one wing, and a data pod (which looked a lot like a wing fuel tank) on the other wing. The data pod seemed quite large if I remember correctly...about the size and shape of 200 gallon fuel tank.

I was just too lazy to make one...plus there really wasn't a whole lot of info on the pod.

100 miles? Cripes...that's some range there!

FastCargo

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/mis...opeye_Lite.html

There are some pics here of F-15s and F-16s with Popeye Lite and the data pod. Not sure if it's the same one as for the big Popeye but it looks similar to the one I've seen on pics of the B-52 as you mentioned.

There are details of Popeye, Popeye Lite, Popeye Turbo and other Israeli weapons on this site too if you're interested in doing some more stuff that would fit in nicely with WOI.

I might do the the Popeye Lite because it's a simple scaling exercise. I'm not sure about the data pod though...just because the sim doesn't seem to model data pod operations, so it would be a bit of work for something that's basically a shape.

FastCargo

The weaponds editor has the max launch range as 80km