Sign in to follow this  
Wolf65

Merge install question

How do I do a merge install of WOE and WOV?

Do I need a clean install of WOE?

If I need a clean install of WOE can it be patched?

IIRC, install WOV first then install WOE, it will find WOV and ask if you want to merge it, then you are set.

IIRC, install WOV first then install WOE, it will find WOV and ask if you want to merge it, then you are set.

Thanks! :good:

Let us know how it goes!

Works perfectly :ok:

I've started the vietnam campaing as an F-8E pilot of VF-111, and i'm starting to really like taking of the carrier and stuff, and vietnam is far more fun than the Cold War campaing.

Most excellent, glad it worked out.

Just one more question:

I'm thinking of cleaning up the weapons pack by removing the stuff i never use (there is way too much stuff and i'm getting lost in it).

Now is it just deleting the weapons from the weapons folder or do i need to edit an ini or something.

(I will probably do this when the Mirage 2000, Jas39 Gripen and Kestrel come out so i don't delete the weapons they use)

Edited by Wolf65

Now is it just deleting the weapons from the weapons folder or do i need to edit an ini or something.

Not truely necessary....

Service years for the weapons make sure you should only get what's needed for the time frame.

This was actually tried before, with "Era Specific" weapons paks....didn't really work, so Buny went back through the pak and adjusted all the service years.

Just make sure your loadout inis are all set properly. My thread in the Knowledge Base was partly designed with this in mind (along with fixing the Red Air birds...)

Personally, I've actually done that in one of my WW2 installs....things got screwed up real fast. You have to basically rebuild the entire weaponsdata ini from scratch, deleting weapons via the weapons editor. Lots and lots of work. Then go back over each loadout and data ini, double checking service years and weapons fits. ....and "fits" is the words...it'll give you fits!!! :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

Ok, how about if i for instance unpack the weapons in a folder an than manually add them to WOE/WOV.

What would i need then?

Also, my current install is completly clean i haven't isntalled anything.

What a want to do is simply delete the stuff i don't need and use and leave a nice clean organized bunch of mods, aircraft and weapons.

Edited by Wolf65