Sign in to follow this  
Piloto

Looking for a new "Stick"

Well....im about to trade my Microsoft Joystick for a real one :biggrin: .

What would you expertas advise?~

My inclination in relation to price/quality is leading me to Saitek X-52....is it a good choice?

Just check the CH Products link in my signature. CH Products are outstanding and its all I use. I have the complete set up, throttle, stick, rudder pedals, MFP. I can not recommend them enough.

X-52Pro is quite neat :) Mouse emulation, dials, lots of buttons plus up to six functions on each. Quite precise. But you'll need to spend a day binding a decent profile for a game. After that you won't need neither keyboard nor mouse.

It also has and integrated MFD but to get that working you'll need to find a plug-in for that particular game. Otherwise C knowledge is required for coding.

I have the normal X-52, and I have to say it's a pretty good stick. Unlike all the other sticks I had, I've been using it for 5 months and it's still working (the average life of all my other sticks has been of 6 months :sad: ). But like Gr.Viper said, you'll need a lot of time to configure it for each game (yes, even the standard version). For some unexplicable motives, sometimes mouse refuses to work, but I don't use it very often. And the MFD... well, I find it quit useless (maybe because I haven't still found any plug-in for it...).

Of all the sticks I've used, I think the X-52 is the best I've had so far. So I think it's a good choice for you :ok:

Guest 531_Ghost

Been useing my CH setup for 5+ years now:

FighterStick

ProThrottle

Throttle Quadrant

ProPedals

and MFP

I've even had a few Franken-Potatos' in the mix too. They all take a lickin' and keep on tickin'...

Basic X52 doesn't have the option to control MFD data output - that was adden in the Pro. Also pro-thing has an option to change colour of every LED. Normally they are green, but red glow can be enabled IF game's plugin has this coded in. Apart from making stick look like a Christmas tree, this can also be used for example to highlight the CM button when you're locked on or fire extinguisher in case of fire. But I'm yet to see it implemented anywhere.

I've had it with my Cougar!!!!!!!! :crazy:

Just ordered a set of CH products off Amazon. Fighterstick, throttle and pedals!

Thanks averybody, i really apreciate it.

The CH products seem very very good but are a little over my budget...and are from half-globe around! just to import it it woul cost me almost 2 setups!

I guess i wil go with the saitek...

There is a place for all 3 - Saitek, CH & Cougar.

However, I suspect that Saitek & CH will still be making HOTAS when TM won't.

The CH sticks and cougar look good, but neither have force feedback as AFAIK. I need that little bit of sensation to feel when I'm at the edge of performance.

The CH sticks and cougar look good, but neither have force feedback as AFAIK

Neither does Saitek.

You can buy Buttkicker to try to compensate for lack of... I don't know what :blush:

quite a few people (mostly propheads :wink: ) use an HOTAS throttle but with an FF joystick.

Saitek had a poll about an FF HOTAS but whether anything will come of it ...

& TM used to have an FF version of their Afterburner but I believe that it was beset with problems (certainly initially).

Lol, great, buy a peripheral to agitate my crohn's disease and make my already aging chair fall apart faster.

Doesn't the X52 have FF?

Doesn't the X52 have FF?

No, none of the Saitek HOTAS (X36, X45, X52, X52 Pro) has had FF.

Well, just arrived today for a price of 70€ (about 100$)...

Now all i need is good config. :biggrin:

Guest 531_Ghost
:good: Well, get busy!