Sign in to follow this  
SkyStrike

Missing skin for the Mk.46 guided torpedo

Hi,

there's another problem as well... the Mk.46 guided torpedo does not appear when loaded on the hardoints of any aircraft, but it's fully functional... the weapon launches & destroys targets perfectly but it's "INVISIBLE"!!!!!!.. imean, that it doesn't appear to be loaded on the aircraft's hardpont as i mentioned erarlier

please could someone tell me how to can fix this?

Thanks..

Cheers!

Edited by Tomcat_ace

Have you looked at the weaponsdata.ini???

[WeaponData230]

TypeName=MK46

FullName=MK 46 ASW Homing Torpedo

ModelName=nolod <-- this would explain a great deal

Mass=234.000000

Diameter=0.200000

Length=2.600000

AttachmentType=USN,UK,NORWAY

It wasn't actually designed to be air-launched. It was for use on the submerged sub and some ASW surface vessels. Wherein you would not see them in use.

Also, there is a difference between a 'missing skin' and a missing shape. A missing skin gives you the plain material color of the lod (usually a very light gray or white). Whereas a missing shape (or lod) gives you nothing.

Just to clarify.

Wrench

kevin stein

Have you looked at the weaponsdata.ini???

It wasn't actually designed to be air-launched. It was for use on the submerged sub and some ASW surface vessels. Wherein you would not see them in use.

Also, there is a difference between a 'missing skin' and a missing shape. A missing skin gives you the plain material color of the lod (usually a very light gray or white). Whereas a missing shape (or lod) gives you nothing.

Just to clarify.

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks a lot for your reply... But I've got a bit of a doubt: Aren't the same Mk.46 torpedoes launched from anti-submarine helicopters like the SH-3 SeaKing & SH-60 SeaHawk?

here's a link for more info:

www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/weaps/mk-46.htm - 6k

Is there any way to make the torpedo shape visible??

Thanks..

Edited by Tomcat_ace

Thanks a lot for your reply... But I've got a bit of a doubt: Aren't the same Mk.46 torpedoes launched from anti-submarine helicopters like the SH-3 SeaKing & SH-60 SeaHawk?

here's a link for more info:

www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/weaps/mk-46.htm - 6k

Is there any way to make the torpedo shape visible??

Thanks..

Oh, you like flying torpedos?

Guest Saganuay82

The torpedoes are used from Sea Kings, LAMPS, P-3s, S-3s and surface ships but not from subs. Most western subs use the Mk48 ADCAP.

Oh, you like flying torpedos?

Umm.. I hope you didn't misunderstand me but I think that you are well aware of the fact the Mk.46 is also capable of being launched from helicopters...

Is there any way to make the MK.46's model appear on an aircraft's hardpoint because it look's really odd...

can't the model / shape be designed to first freefall into the water and then skim towards its target?

Thanks...

I managed to get the shape on the Mk.46 torpedo using the weapon editor, but solving it started two new problems:

1) It's no longer available on the SH-60 SeaHawk anti-submarine helicopter..but can be carried by an

F-14 or an F-15E

2) Even after enabling the water skim effects on the Mk.46 using the weapon editor it just free-falls like a guided bomb and destroys its target, without skimming the water surface...

Just the day this was posted, I tried a 7 pack of torps, for giggles, in the bay of a Vulcan.

Had never flown with torps, so wanted to try `em.

They looked OK in the bay, popped down and hovered downrange. All 3 rippled tagged the tanker.

Sometimes I try weird things, like the flight before that with paratroopers. Has anyone else seen the size of them guys?

Pics later, if not.

Just the day this was posted, I tried a 7 pack of torps, for giggles, in the bay of a Vulcan.

Had never flown with torps, so wanted to try `em.

They looked OK in the bay, popped down and hovered downrange. All 3 rippled tagged the tanker.

Sometimes I try weird things, like the flight before that with paratroopers. Has anyone else seen the size of them guys?

Pics later, if not.

so its not just me that have the paratroopers wanting to load up on the hardpoints?

I hadn't noticed a problem before with the MK46. I've carried and launched it before from the S-2 against periscopes. works great!

so its not just me that have the paratroopers wanting to load up on the hardpoints?

I hadn't noticed a problem before with the MK46. I've carried and launched it before from the S-2 against periscopes. works great!

Would you kindly tell us how you solved the problem, if you don't mind?

Thanks

Guest Saganuay82

Mk46 is set up in game, IIRC, to be a anti radiation missile. Have to check mine at home to confirm. So it won't drop to the water and skim in. The worst part about the effects is if when you drop from a patrol plane it will leave the effect all the way down to the tgt. Looks dumb from the side.

Probably the best idea to keep it off other planes is to highly restrict it to certain parameters for a country and time period. That being the same as the aircraft you want to load it onto.

Would you kindly tell us how you solved the problem, if you don't mind?

Thanks

which problem? paratroopers on the hardpoints or MK46's?

wrt to the Mk46, the note above on it being an arm tracks with how I used it. The periscope is also a radar emitter and I tracked in on it with the RWR. So that is entirely consistent.

wrt to the paratroopers wanting to fly on strike aircraft - other than once to see what it looked like, I just don't load them. I haven't yet figured out what it was that I recently loaded that included these "hard-core paratroopers" into the weapons mix. They do, by the way, employ parachutes very nicely and float on down. They don't seem to do well against 37mm though...... :blink:

what?!@?!?!?!

Paratroopers on hardpoints?

Hahaha!!!! That I would like to see!

what?!@?!?!?!

Paratroopers on hardpoints?

Hahaha!!!! That I would like to see!

ok, I'll take some screen shots and post them after the weekend.

:good:

which problem? paratroopers on the hardpoints or MK46's?

wrt to the Mk46, the note above on it being an arm tracks with how I used it. The periscope is also a radar emitter and I tracked in on it with the RWR. So that is entirely consistent.

wrt to the paratroopers wanting to fly on strike aircraft - other than once to see what it looked like, I just don't load them. I haven't yet figured out what it was that I recently loaded that included these "hard-core paratroopers" into the weapons mix. They do, by the way, employ parachutes very nicely and float on down. They don't seem to do well against 37mm though...... :blink:

You did say you managed to solve the problem about the shape of the Mk.46 torpedo didn't you?,

If so how did you do it? Does it skim om the water surface towards its target?

You did say you managed to solve the problem about the shape of the Mk.46 torpedo didn't you?,

If so how did you do it? Does it skim om the water surface towards its target?

I didn't do anything. I have not noticed a problem with the MK46. It does kind act like a bomb though but a hit close to the periscope takes care of the sub. So does strafing the periscope oddly enough.....

the paratrooper glitch seems to have fixed itself. Doesn't happen anymore (shrugs in AF Reserve Salute).

(shrugs in AF Reserve Salute)

Now them's fightin' words!

FastCargo

Now them's fightin' words!

FastCargo

:rofl:

just a quick update. I double-checked the mk-46 and I do have the same issue. Not sure why I thought I didn't. I did notice that I was able to load a "Mk-46 T-5" which seemed more like a Mk-48.