Sign in to follow this  
Florian

vrkuboy´s Alouette WIP

Before the topic about his F-117 is overloaded with this little bird, i´ll open a new one. :biggrin:

Here is the beautyfull engine of him mapped and skinned.

One reason of the high poly count was the inlet net, wich he modeled with detailed object. I removed

that completly and used TGA file to make the net.

every time i see a WIP pic like this I get a tear in my eye.please keep up the excellent work.Many thanks.

Before the topic about his F-117 is overloaded with this little bird, i´ll open a new one. :biggrin:

Here is the beautyfull engine of him mapped and skinned.

One reason of the high poly count was the inlet net, wich he modeled with detailed object. I removed

that completly and used TGA file to make the net.

In general how do you go about reducing the poly count of a high count model so that it will work in WOE using 3ds Studio Max?

I have a high poly model that I need to reduce the poly count of in order that I can use it in WOE, at the moment it just crashes me system when selected.

Lazboy

Depends on, HOW the high polygon model is build. vrkuboy, for example had every bolt on the main rotor modeled, wich i could remove, as it´s no big deal to paint them to the skin. Flat Holes in the fuselage, screws on the wheels, the interior was high detailed, what you don´t see in game that much. I removed highly detailed parts and replaced them with low poly count parts. But when the main parts, like fuselage, wings and stuff is splitted in to many vercities, it´s getting hard. Then it´s easier and faster to build from scratch. Like i said, depends on each model, to decide, if it´s worth the work (and possible!).

ghostrider i´m looking forward to your IAF skin :good:

I made a new pilot with stuff, vrkuboy has send me, to replace that ugly bastard i made myself. (Don´t worry about him, he´ll live in the loft and will be fed with a bucket of eelheads a day) :biggrin:

Still have to play a bit with size and the visor TGA.

Edited by AmokFloo

florian, pick ugly bastard and aply him to back seat as pasanger :D

florian, pick ugly bastard and aply him to back seat as pasanger :D

ghostrider i´m looking forward to your IAF skin :good:

I look forward to making them for your wonderful model. Dont forget IN, ICG and IAAC skins :grin:

I made a new pilot with stuff, vrkuboy has send me, to replace that ugly bastard i made myself. (Don´t worry about him, he´ll live in the loft and will be fed with a bucket of eelheads a day) :biggrin:

Still have to play a bit with size and the visor TGA.

:rofl:

Chetak13.jpg

Guest Saganuay82

Is that a prisoner or a fisherman they picked out of the water in the back seat?

Is that a prisoner or a fisherman they picked out of the water in the back seat?

I believe that it is an eel hunter.

A Coast Guard Diver

Chetak15.jpg

please, use one pilot skin with moustache and ray ban style glasses :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Indian Moustaches are so styles!

:)

Edited by Silverbolt

we need TOP GUN glasses style :wink: :D this glasses is ugly

Edited by vrkuboy

Great project and great details! Especially the engine!! :clapping:

please, use one pilot skin with moustache and ray ban style glasses :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Indian Moustaches are so styles!

:)

Whats the deal with AL-III crews and moustaches.... :biggrin:

img127no0.jpg

Florian/vrkuboy will there be a gunship version? :yes:

Edited by Piloto

Florian/vrkuboy will there be a gunship version? :yes:

Not sure about that, as i don´t know, if it´s possible to make the back doors opened. I´ll have to take a look on the model, if i´m able to do so. The current version is only setup as "Tankhunter", armed with 4 AS.11 missiles. The pylons are allready there, but only occure, when missiles are loaded.

Piloto, you got any info, what the pilot is reading on your photo? I wonder, what would be worse.

1. He´s looking por.. magazine.

2. He´s reading the Alouette operator´s guide.

3. He fell asleep while reading an article about eels.

:biggrin:

Not sure about that, as i don´t know, if it´s possible to make the back doors opened. I´ll have to take a look on the model, if i´m able to do so. The current version is only setup as "Tankhunter", armed with 4 AS.11 missiles. The pylons are allready there, but only occure, when missiles are loaded.

Piloto, you got any info, what the pilot is reading on your photo? I wonder, what would be worse.

1. He´s looking por.. magazine.

2. He´s reading the Alouette operator´s guide.

3. He fell asleep while reading an article about eels.

:biggrin:

I guess hes tryin to find the way home...no gps. :biggrin: Either that or playboy magazine...

If you change your mind i can supply some gunship fotos of our AL-III in the Ultramar War. :wink:

Like this scary config...

85182599ua2.jpg

Edited by Piloto

india, france, austria....................