Sign in to follow this  
CowboyTodd41

Silent post for families of lost Warbird pilots

If you haven't heard The CAF He-111 crashed in Wyoming over the weekend kill 2 crewmembers and destroying the plane. Also the Faiery Firefly crashed at Dux also killing the pilot and the passenger. :cry:

<S!>

firefly.jpg

he111.jpg

:(

I heard it about the Firefly at the news. I have seen a few times Firefly's at shows. Nice planes.

The story and pics of the crash are to see on the bbc site.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/30622281.stm

It is always a lost when a pilot dies. :cry:

Never knew that there was also a Heinkel crashed.

Salute

Dutchy

Yes, it is a shame that the CAF lost the beautiful HE-111 a/c over the weekend. I have been in this a/c on many occations and it is a tragic lose

to the aviation community. My Heart felt sorrow goes to the surviving families of the crew for I knew one of the crew members.

I, only live about 20 minutes from Falcon Field where this a/c was based and seen it fly many times from this field over my house in Apache Junction, Arizona.

The a/c was built in Spain and it used to be used to fly the leader from that country before being aquired by the CAF.

It is a sad time for the aviation community with the tragic lose of this a/c,

the only flying example in the world.

Cheers.............................................................................Jetson :cry::cry::cry:

:( My condolences to the families...