Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

Can't leave well enough alone...

Gents, since my child load factor has doubled, my time has become more limited. So, before I start a big project (no, I am not going to tell you what it is), I'm going to clean up my old projects that I had released already. Sort of 'shoulda, woulda, coulda' stuff. Some require new LODs, new textures, or just new readmes. With that in mind, up first is the Pave Knife:

gallery_12105_43_388217.jpg

gallery_12105_43_455732.jpg

Found a few new pictures on the net (on a Czech Republic website no less) that had nice pictures of the laser emitting area of the pod. So I decided, along with the texture improvement, to rebuild the front end to encase the 'channel and bubble'. However, the texture on the USAF pod is a compromise.

Reasoning: It appears that when the pod is in use, the sensor rotates from all the way up (so the laser is underneath the 'canoe' fairing on the top of the pod) to all the way down, like you see in the screenshots. No big deal for the USN version...it's white all over.

However, in the USAF version of the pod, when the laser is 'stowed', the pod is all white underneath, all camo up top. HOWEVER, when the laser is deployed, the front of the pod rotates...which means that the front colors are reversed. On a USAF pod in other words, when working, you see a camo colored 'canoe' over a white top/camo bottom nose...then halfway down the length of the pod, the colors are switched to the camo top/white bottom.

Frankly, it's A) ass backwards (typical USAF logic) and B) silly looking. So I decided to make the colors arrangement as you see it. It's not 'correct', but it looks a whole lot better.

Check this thread for updates.

FastCargo

Tacit Rainbow updated. Built in plyon resized to more realistic dimensions.

FastCargo

HellFire/Brimstone updated. Only a new readme...will help those who haven't downloaded it yet.

FastCargo

Looks nice sounds nice, but don`t have a clue what it is

You mean the Pave Knife? It's simply a laser designator

@ FC, nice work, hope your kids are doing well... I'm always amazed with the amount of detail that goes into these mods for this sim :good:

Next update...should be available in a few hours.

Popeye missiles have been updated. Now includes Popeye 2 (Have Lite) a smaller missile that can be carried by fighters (F-16 sized). Also includes the 'Data Pod' needed by the missiles to be guided properly.

gallery_12105_43_44122.jpg

Because the ThirdWire engine doesn't support a data pod/TV guided combo I changed the guidance to laser guided with the data pod being a laser designator. This realistically mimics the requirement to carry a pod of some sort to be able to use the missile (assuming the aircraft doesn't have a laser already).

FastCargo

Popeye missiles have been updated. Now includes Popeye 2 (Have Lite) a smaller missile that can be carried by fighters (F-16 sized). Also includes the 'Data Pod' needed by the missiles to be guided properly.

Thanks a lot for these.

Next update:

gallery_12105_43_299601.jpg

SA-5 slightly more detailed with slight improvements to the skin.

gallery_12105_43_171941.jpg

SA-5 launch rail included now...will no longer use the SA-2 rail.

gallery_12105_43_119211.jpg

Square Pair radar model built and included.

Work still needs to be done before release, including finishing skinning of the Square Pair radar. I plan to release the texture templates for all 3 parts (missile, rail, and radar) for modders to improve and/or to color for specific theatres. And because my skinning skills still suck. Also has improved data.inis for the missile (thanks Fubar!).

FastCargo

hehe.....our resident arms dealer has been busy.

New update...available in a few hours:

gallery_12105_43_555373.jpg

MOAB updated with better texture for the drag chute and:

gallery_12105_43_219499.jpg

Proper release animation now!

Also, the 'Daisy Cutter (BLU-82)' has been taken out of the download...because a MUCH better one is already available in the last version of the Weapons Pack.

If I had known that, I wouldn't have built it in the first place...I REALLY gotta double check when I start a project.

Anyway folks, this should be the last of my projects to be updated. I'm satisfied with the quality of my other stuff...

FastCargo

MOAB, when you care to send the very best. I should write for Hallmark.