Whilst musing over all this xmas stuff and nursing this retched bug which refuses to depart my system I was thinking (yes I had my brain in) about some of the fundamentals of all the modding work you guys are so brilliant at and it struck me that without a couple of core utilities you fellas could not even get started.

Now you all know I’m no kind of a computer expert and tell me if I’m wrong but it seems to me that without the two original basic programmes I’ve listed below virtually no editing or modifying of the Thirdwire games would be possible.

1. KMD author Kreelin

2. SFP1E extract tool author Guest

The guys who produced these two core utilities rarely seem to get an sort of credit other than a mention in passing when in fact it seems to me they are owed a huge debt of gratitude from us all. I know it’s not the thing to single out someone’s work and compare it to another or to give one more recognition than another but IMHO these two programmers deserve special consideration like a sticky board with a recognition notice or something to act as a permanent mark of their work. Of course the guys who produced these unglamorous utilities might not want this or may find it embarrassing and I would understand that but it seems to me they deserve more credit than they get.

There are also others who produce work that runs ancillary to the add-ons like Wrench’s hangar screens that have some great loading pictures, which I would guess takes hours of trolling thro’ stuff and research to find the right images and yet hardly ever get any credit or recognition for their work. Of course there may well be a whole load of other programmes you guys use to do your stuff that I know nothing about and again get little or no thanks. Maybe they should be included in the list and recognised accordingly.

What do you think?

Here, here!!

Personally, i think the single greatest add=on utility for this series is the cat extraction tool. Without it, almost none of the exisiting mods could have been done.

Thanks for the plug! Lots of hours scouring model box art, plus scans from my personal av-art collection (some 2500+ units), makes for a nice screen. I personally prefer painting to photos, as the painting would actually show the aircraft doing something, rather than sitting in some museaum or parked on ramp somewhre. (btw, some of the early ones looks kinda crappy now....) :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

Here, here!!

Personally, i think the single greatest add=on utility for this series is the cat extraction tool. Without it, almost none of the exisiting mods could have been done.

Thanks for the plug! Lots of hours scouring model box art, plus scans from my personal av-art collection (some 2500+ units), makes for a nice screen. I personally prefer painting to photos, as the painting would actually show the aircraft doing something, rather than sitting in some museaum or parked on ramp somewhre. (btw, some of the early ones looks kinda crappy now....) :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

Crappy..no surely not! :biggrin:

Some of the early prop photo loading screens are really awesome. I'm thinking of the Hurricane and Spitfire screens. I think they're not yours though!

O.K yours are nice as well. :good:

Heavens we're being nice to one another for a change. This won't do. Now let me think of some evil to say. Lost for words at the minute but wait something nasty will soon come to mind.

Oh yes why haven't you done my bombing challenge yet to earn some money for C.A. :haha:

I agree with you mate, the extraction utility has enabled a plethora of modding and development that we probably wouldn't have seen otherwise.

By the way, the original creator of the extraction utility is Skypat.