Sign in to follow this  
triplethr3at

some of my aircraft wont work

I use wings over europe and it is fully patched with the latest weapon pack and everything. I have many many planes from this site on the game. Most of them work but a there are a good many that do not work. Many of my russian aircraft wont work. They apear on the singlemission screen but when I go to do a mission with them the game freezes before it gets me to the hangar saying I have something wrong with my singlemission.ini With other aircrft I dont get this problem. Did any one els incounter this? Can anyone help me?

ps. I always read the readmes and I am quite proficiant at seting them up in the game.

now nothing works. It keeps asking for the d3dx9_30.dll every time i try to fly the planes that do let me go to the hangar screen. I dont think it was the nations ini because some russian aircraft work while most didn't

You should try and update to latest Directx9c there is the missing dll file

ok now the game works great but I can't fly any of my russian birds. Mig-25 su-27 etc... I checked the nations ini but russia is in there. What do you think the problem will be?

I made some additions to my weapons folder and eddited the weaponsdata.ini I added a whole bunch of terrains and a lot of new aircraft. Thats it. Funny thing is that all the russian aircraft work as AI but not as flyable even though they show up in the single mission folder. It won't let me go to their hangar.

Sounds like the single missions arent finding files needed for the mission you selected...either that or dates are wrong somewhere...

personally, I try to change only one or two things at a time, start the game and see what happens...sounds like you maybe made a lot of changes in a short time...that will be very difficult to trace the error originator

best bet is to start backing things out, or preferably to make a fresh install, add one plane that is giving you problems to see if it works in the fresh install (in this example, you would have two installs, the current one, and one to test the planes)

it does not sound like a simple problem, unfortunately

ok now the game works great but I can't fly any of my russian birds. Mig-25 su-27 etc... I checked the nations ini but russia is in there. What do you think the problem will be?

Err..I'm Brainless don't forget but do your Russian aircraft like Migs have cockpits 'cos if they don't you can't fly them and they won't show in your in game list?

Err..I'm Brainless don't forget but do your Russian aircraft like Migs have cockpits 'cos if they don't you can't fly them and they won't show in your in game list?

That could be it....single mission will quit if it finds files needed arent found...

Yes all my aircraft have cockpits and I tried moving one of the aircraft that was giving me a hard time to a different strike fighters game and it works fine on the other game. I then moved the identical aircraft back into my non working game and it would not fly. I now realized hat it is all my russian aircraft and it is only russian aircraft (chinese too). I then tried to see if the IAF su-27 would work and it does however the russian one would not. It seems to me that there is something that is preventing russian and chinese planes from working

Yes all my aircraft have cockpits and I tried moving one of the aircraft that was giving me a hard time to a different strike fighters game and it works fine on the other game. I then moved the identical aircraft back into my non working game and it would not fly. I now realized hat it is all my russian aircraft and it is only russian aircraft (chinese too). I then tried to see if the IAF su-27 would work and it does however the russian one would not. It seems to me that there is something that is preventing russian and chinese planes from working

Hmm..suggest you open up the aircraft that doesn't work in default single mission in the game. See if it shows up in the list, if it does try to fly it. If it won't fly go to file and delete it or move it to somewhere else. If it doesn't show up in the game list check the file name and cockpit. Keep doing this with all the problem aircraft. Test all remaining aircraft in the single mission list to see if they work. When done add back a new download of each of the problem aircraft one at a time and check to see if they work individually. If the first one you try doesn't work stop there and post to see if someone has the answer. There are a number of issues like correct file name, approprite dates,cockpits, loadouts etc.etc. I hope this helps!

I would like to thank you guys for trying to help me out. It realy means alot

I was fidling with trying to fly the russian aircraft on different terrains. All of them work fantastic on the Red Range. They only work on the Red Range. I remmember reading something about russian aircraft not being able to work on the range terrian and american aircraft not working on the red range terrain. I think I am incountering this problem on the German and Vietnam terrain. Where can I make it so that russian aircraft can fly on the German and Vietnam terrain. Berring straits terrain too.

I would like to thank you guys for trying to help me out. It realy means alot

I was fidling with trying to fly the russian aircraft on different terrains. All of them work fantastic on the Red Range. They only work on the Red Range. I remmember reading something about russian aircraft not being able to work on the range terrian and american aircraft not working on the red range terrain. I think I am incountering this problem on the German and Vietnam terrain. Where can I make it so that russian aircraft can fly on the German and Vietnam terrain. Berring straits terrain too.

I'm really no expert on this but I tried to fly a mig on the range and mine doesn't work either. It does work tho' on the German terrain and the Vietnam terrain and all the other terrains I have like Irael2. I don't know what is preventing your Russian aircraft from flying on these terrains obviously something is blocking their use. Unless someone here can come up with an answer it seems like you'll need to start with a fresh instal. Pray someone here can help as I know re-installing is a real pain. Best of luck.

Much apreciated. I think bunyap knows what to do considering he made both range terrains and put the feature that only a certan nation can fly in them feature.

HEY BUNYAP IF YOU'RER READING THIS I NEED YOUR HELP!!

Much apreciated. I think bunyap knows what to do considering he made both range terrains and put the feature that only a certan nation can fly in them feature.

HEY BUNYAP IF YOU'RER READING THIS I NEED YOUR HELP!!

You might well be on the right track here. Look to see if SOVIET is in your Nations list in the relevant terrain.

I still say start a separate install and only add one plane...see if it works...you are not deleting your old one, just making a new one...besides, you can then remove the test bird and use that as your on line option

I still say start a separate install and only add one plane...see if it works...you are not deleting your old one, just making a new one...besides, you can then remove the test bird and use that as your on line option

Since we seem to have exhausted most of the possibles I think 'sparks' idea is the best here. Try it and see what happens. Let us know how you got on.

Yep, name it something else or else take your original install and name it something different...easy to undo latter.