Sign in to follow this  
Dave

We Need You the Communites Help....

If its a problem of having the canards only go to the extreme position when only on the ground, you could set them up like the Mirage Factory's rudders, which deploy as speedbrakes, but only when on ground using this line....

DeployWhenOnGears=TRUE

Forgetting the perhaps intractable problem of the canards deflecting for landing, I think the four trailing edge surfaces work pretty much standard for a delta--inboard are elevators/flaps, outboard are elevons, likely with droop for extra lift (ie operate as flaps with less deflection on landing).

The Gripen is relatively small and I think the elevons outboard would provide quite a bit of roll control. I haven't seen any evidence of differential movement in the canards for roll like most stabilators do nowadays...in fact, I think most canards on all planes are linked together and move as one.