Sign in to follow this  
Nefarious

F9F-5 and 5P Issues.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, But I am having graphic and animation problems with these two Panthers.

First Something is wrong with the textures, some kind of error goes down the entire top of the fuselage. And second, the tail hook does not deploy! I keep bouncing off the Oriskany end over end.

Any help?

Hmmm... Seems to be an issue with the decals? Any known fix for this and the tailhook?

Would have to see a picture of the problem to diagnose it. I think the hook key is H. IIRC.

Guest Saganuay82

Yes, decal bleed on the upper part of the nose from what I remember. Since you are flying the plane, have you watched the plane fly away. Notice the nose cone swing sideways when it gets so far away?

Yes, decal bleed on the upper part of the nose from what I remember. Since you are flying the plane, have you watched the plane fly away. Notice the nose cone swing sideways when it gets so far away?

That sounds about right, I removed the decals from a skin set and it appeared with no issues. I have hit the H key a million times, the hook does not come out.

I have never noticed the nose cone swing sideways.

Guest Saganuay82

Let it fly away from you and watch the nose.

For the tailhook, check the data.ini. Find the tailhook entry and check the spelling of the line:

SystemType=ARRESTER_HOOK

IIRC it changed with one of the patches.

For the tailhook, check the data.ini. Find the tailhook entry and check the spelling of the line:

SystemType=ARRESTER_HOOK

IIRC it changed with one of the patches.

Thank you sir, that did it. Now time to solve the Decal issue. <S>

Decal bleed is cause by 'holes' in the meshes (ie: open meshes). Unfortunately, it can only be fixed by creating a new lod with the closed meshes.

Or, paint the marking on (not a real fix where Modex numbers are concerned)

Wrench

kevin stein

Decal bleed is cause by 'holes' in the meshes (ie: open meshes). Unfortunately, it can only be fixed by creating a new lod with the closed meshes.

Or, paint the marking on (not a real fix where Modex numbers are concerned)

Wrench

kevin stein

Hmmm... I'm having success moving the decals using the decals file.

I copied the Golden Dragon skin, I thin preceded to check each decal.

Looks like the VF192, Buno, and nosenum decals are all placed and sized wrong. Its a painful task, but I have fixed two of the three. I am now stuck on the nosenum. Just can't figure it out, Will have to fool with it later.

Guest capun
Let it fly away from you and watch the nose.

I wonder if the problem is one of the Lower LOD's that has the nose unlinked.

[LOD001]

Filename=F9F-5.lod

Distance=100

[LOD002]

Filename=F9F-5_001.lod

Distance=400

[LOD003]

Filename=F9F-5_002.lod

Distance=7000

Try using the F9F-5.lod for all of the entries and see if that fixes the problem

Guest capun

BTW, I forgot about the decal bleed.

One thing you can try is reducing the size and location of the decals. Sometimes making a small adjustment either reduces the decal bleed or makes it work.

Guest Saganuay82

It's lod2 Capun, if its anything. Its past the 400 meters when it happens. Taking the last lod out, I'll try that.

The Nose Numbers, seem to leave an error on the front of the nose (in between the guns) No matter where they are.

I'm working on a few new skins for the F9F-5, I took the texture set for the -5P and threw them in the Test Set, The difference in quality between the -5 and the -5P is like night and day.

Guest Saganuay82

Probably as it was stated is there is an error in the mapping. If there is an error which it looks like there is, you can't fix it with decal placement. Only the modeller can fix the error with the original design. The other way is to paint on the item you want there. This won't correct number decals for the nose though.