Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Anybody speak Japanese?

Air Technical Intellegence Center has just discovered the IJAAF has a new aircraft.

The photo below was obtained by one of our recon Mustangs over southern Honshu; apparently it's very rare for this bird to be flying in the daytime...

night-dragon.jpg

We know the "Karyu" is a fire dragon, so this would be a "Night Dragon"...so, what that in Japanese????

ATIC has given it the code-name "Franz" for it's obvious German influences.....

:wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

エビルナイト・ドラゴン

or

夜ドラゴン

ha ha...

phonetically dragon is "Ryuu" and night is "yoru"

But I am not a native speaker, so someone may have a better answer...

It'll just be Yoryu

doesn't sound that menacing I prefer Crimson's sugestion "Kageryu" more.

How about whisker dragon? hahaha Hiryu

Kuryu, dark/black dragon?

I LIKE 'ShadowDragon'!!!

Good name for a night fighter....lurking in the dark shadows, ready to pounce on unsuspecting B-29s...

note to self: add RWR to Superforts (they'd probably have one, in any case; along with ground mapping radar, and other such 'modern marvels')

Now, if we just had a P-61, instead of that 'falls-on-it's-face-it's-slow-P-70'. Let's not EVEN talk about the Blenheim NF...shesh!

Still have a few skinning issues to clean up (some spots not taking color, or parting lines not maching). Probably finish it after the Okniawa map is released...and the A6m7...then have a look at Hellcat NFs-I have an idear for a -5N

Wrench

kevin stein

I think I may have overdone the AAA on the Home Islands...keep getting my ass handed to me (after getting it shot off)!!

Other than the as-yet-unfinished Desert Storm update, this is the most 'target rich' map I've seen (or built)...there's something in every city for somebody to bomb!

Somebody..

somebody..

Somebody..

somebody...

Can anybody find meeeee....

Something to bomb!!!!

Even have the fortifications at the proposed landing beaches in southeastern Kyushu (still have the Operation Olympic maps archived here!)

One of the changes is to Shuri and Naha...they're now 'pacificed' (ie: switched to FRIENDLY). This keeps the AA guns from shooting at the naval ships in Naha Bay (watch on the original --- take off from Yongtan, and look for the splashes in the water)

The readme's Notes and Commentaries section is several times larger than the install instructions!!! Even fixed the IJAAF/IJNAF formations CTD ... a slight non-historic cheat, but it works.

Just wish we had big enough airfields for Superfort's....they don't fly off "SMALL" airfields (airfield3). Be great if someone could build the Marianas to Japan map....lot's of good stuff in that section of the Western Pacific!

Wrench

kevin stein

Now Sparky becomes happy :lol:

Sounds great to me too

Asked a friend of mine who lives in Japan.

Either way, there is no specific way to say "Night Dragon" or the latter in Japanese (unless you want the literal version which is a magnet for flaming). But I have some stuff that might work:

夜龍

Yaryu

Uh...Viggen...what?

Hey don't yell at me! Blame my friend. I just asked for a quick translation.

Just debating if I want to make tail number decals...I'm assuming a veeerrryyy low production (like around 6 aircraft). So the 5th Sentai of the 100 Indpendant Air Company might not have any individual aircraft numbers.

Plus, I need to make a hangar screen (of some type), and more importantly, get permission from my Dev A-Team-mates.

Even though I'm on the Team, I still ask!!

Wrench

kevin stein