Sign in to follow this  
hgbn

Korean War Mod for WOE

Now I remember why I never quite finished this...my Korea SF install is unstable; either something in the install, or more likely a 'bad' spot on the HD. Nevertheless, I was able to retrieve everything.

I've rebuilt a new WoE install, and I'll have to go through each target area and make sure things are working. I DO remember problems with the usual suspects ... the truck depots and factory centers 'ground plattes' disappear, in some cases, due to un-flattened areas. I can fix this relatively easily...as they're the Target001 item, and usually placed at 0,0, I can just make the flag for the offending country, and place IT there. That removes that problem, but some terrain flattening might still be necessary for some areas (most noticalbe in cities, where I've added the truck depots and such like. On some, I just removed the platte.

Still need to check ship placements; I know I've got docked vessels at Pusan, Wonson and Vladivostok - whch includes a full army and navy base, plus the airfield

Next question - do we add the 3rd area (Russia) as neutral, or leave it enemy? Historically...well,we all know it got attacked by mistake

speaking of historicality, I'm pretty sure some of the factories and depots are NOT correctly placed. It's livable, though

Now, this version has the rivers and the deep canyons at Toko-Ri, so Armed Recon missions get quite 'interesting' -- watching the trucks climb vertricle cliff faces (even Hummer can't do that! Or Land Rovers!) And the bridges I placed do NOT span the massively wide canyons.

Once I get things together, I'll shoot you a PM, Brain32, and you can see what's up.

Found 3 of the screenies...

some factory somewhere...

korea10.jpg

Yalu River bridges..

korea11.jpg

korea12.jpg

Wrench

kevin stein

Has anyone given any thoughts towards artillery????

We have the M-7 Priest SPG, a working D-20 Russian field piece, working Kaythusa (thanks to MoonJumper), and I'm sure I could knock together something for a US 155 using either the stock KS-12, KS-19, Pakso's KS-19 (a much better looking gun, as it's has a crew), or something from the WW2 installs (the 88 could be turned into something, I"m sure...)

Also, how deep in detail do you want buildings??? There's all those really neat objects Polack released (limited) converted from CFS2 pacific objects - some are showing up in my WW2 map rebuilds. There's some nice Quonset huts, warehouse buildings, etc

all3d_small.jpg

there are a few items that don't work for some reason (one of the pillboxes...it dosen't appear, and stands about 1500 meters tall .. I kept flying into in the Okinawa map). Some might need a slight reskin fro the climate, being much colder than the tropics of SoWesPac.

thoughts?

Wrench

kevin stein

Hey there Wrench, Capun did a M59 Long Tom 155mm model. Or are you looking for a howitzer, because Capun also did the M101 and M102 105mm howitzer models.

I used them in Desert Storm...they explode on firing, but I never figured out what caused it. Defective ammo? Damn lowest bidders!!! :haha:

The D-20 (from Pasko) and M-59 I made for Iran work perfectly! (think I used the KS-19).

Wrench

kevin stein

I think this is looking good Wrench, really like the buildings and stuff on the pic it would fit in nice on the Korean landscape, and more arty is good to have on the battlefield it would be fun to bomb some arty possitions behind the frontline :haha: It's lucky most equiment was leftover from WWII.

Would it be safe to asume that if Pusan perimenter is taken the war is over for UN forces and likewise if the UN cross the Yalu River the war is over for the red??? If I understand how the Campaigns work correctly, then it's the ground forces battle which decides who wins or loose?????? Please correct me if I'm wrong

Guest capun
I used them in Desert Storm...they explode on firing, but I never figured out what caused it. Defective ammo? Damn lowest bidders!!! :haha:

The D-20 (from Pasko) and M-59 I made for Iran work perfectly! (think I used the KS-19).

Wrench

kevin stein

Kev

You should have let me know about that.

I did not see the problem before during testing, it could be a Min/MaxExtentPosition problem.

Capun: I'll go back and recheck them....

thinking back on how they were set up at the strongpoints, there's a disticnt possibility they were shooting themselves in the foot (firing angles into the berms in front of them!!!)

Wrench

kevin stein