Sign in to follow this  
hurricane3

weapons editor question question

Yeah thats correct tailspin

AS long as you are NOT adding a NEW weapon loadout to a thirdparty aircraft you shouldnt need to touch the aircraft

just dump the old thirdparty weapons (lods, bmps) in the addon "aircraft/weapons" folder along with the old WEAPONDATA.ini and WEAPONDATA.dat (the one that you use pre expansion)

and go through and update the thirdparty weapons with the new parametres in the new weapons editor and save(phew... lot of old and new there :blink: )

nothings changed on the actual aircraft i think....

we should get a weapons pack going like the SF/WOE/WOV one....

I'am totally lost,until someone comes up with a simple way to add weapons ,then I'am way in over my head.

I tried to follow the instruction given in Combat Aces but nothing is the same and it seems like WAY more than I want to get into.

For instance the instructions said to left click on the weapons Editor and bring up properties ,then click compatability mode.

Well when I do that there is no compatability mode.

Also I can get the weapons editor to work by useing the combatibility utility in accesseries(not spelled right I know) but there's nothing to tell me what to do with the screens that I get.

Also I tried to open the Data Dat file with the SFpie utility but it wants Cat files and the only thing in my weapons file is the Data Dat file.

This is way over my head so I'll do with out the added weapons.

I know this is asking a lot but can someone come up with a simpler way to put the weaopns back?I have them all in my weapons folder but can't get them on the planes.

Maybe someday someone will come up with something for dummies like me,kinda a Weopens Editor for Dummies ,like the computer books. Thanks anyway.

P10ppy's right. I think what I'm going to do is update all the old loadouts to reflect the new weapons where possible and applicable and post those. I'll try and get that done in the next couple of days. It will benefit everyone. However, it'll probably turn out to be more complicated than that...we'll see.

Hmmm...I just realized that all the older third party aircraft that have been updated for the EP have already had their loadout updated to relfect the new weapons...except for the rockets. I don't know if I'll tackle the others yet as they may or may not be ready for the EP. There are Le Prieur rockets in the new weapons data, no? Why don't they work?

i made new rockets after seeing the add-on versions

tho i NEVER tried the addons :blush: i believe they have no launch tubes (they were probably meant for aircraft with a "pylon" modeled)

feel free to use mine (either rocket or the "graphic" tube or some combo)

PS if you use the RP type be aware that the AI Dumps it at the first sign of trouble

and the trajectory is always flat (i couldnt make it arc anyways...)

Thinking about a weapons pack tho... most addon weapons are A-team are they not?

PpS yes you are right about the weapons.ini in my previous post :blush:

just add the OLD WEAPONS to the bottom of the NEW WEAPONDATA.INI

Hmmm...I just realized that all the older third party aircraft that have been updated for the EP have already had their loadout updated to relfect the new weapons...except for the rockets. I don't know if I'll tackle the others yet as they may or may not be ready for the EP. There are Le Prieur rockets in the new weapons data, no? Why don't they work?

once again I was thinking,(I gotta stop that) that the new planes Camel are what I'am thinking now ,not sure of the rest ,AEG maybe?Had bombs after the Expansion pack,now since I did the overwrite thing with the expansion Pack to get the seasons ,none of the new aircraft have bombs Etc. either.

Did the new aircraft have weopens like bombs?I don't rember.

I know your busy but is it possible ,even if it takes weeks to make a simple way to put everything back?

I may be asking way too much here ,but I loved to see the gernades and rockets and bombs on the aircraft.

BUT, if it's too much work then please don't do it on my part ,cause I'am sure there are a lot of very smart people out there who have the time and smarts to put the weaopens back and are reading this and thinking ,what a dumbo head.

FE is a great sim and I'am sure a lot more people would buy it if there was an easy way to add weapons,kinda like the weaopens pack for CFS3(not the greatest sim in the world). Thanks

Ok. Back home again. Earlier I was kind of thinking out loud and posting without really looking at what what has already been done and what really needs to be done. Sorry about that. It looks like most of the addon A/C that use bombs, use the stock weapons and they don't need updating as the new weapons work already. P10ppy, your new Le Prieur rockets can replace the old ones nicely. I'm sure the old ones had launch tubes though. I think the Le Prieur was included with the N11?

hurricane3...Yes the new A/C have bombs. The Camels, for instance, carry Cooper bombs. The AEG has them and add on bombers like the Fe2C and the Br14 use bombs included in the EP. If they are missing in your game you have yet another problem. :blink: Remember that some carried their bombs internally. I haven't seen any rockets on the new A/C though. Also I'm not looking into this solely on your behalf. If you are having trouble there must be others too that don't bother to ask.

Anyway...I'll find some time to look at the issue and see whats up.

I'm sure the old ones had launch tubes though. I think the Le Prieur was included with the N11?

yes of course :wink:

I meant the Le Prieurs that came in the addon weapons.dat (confused yet :blink:)

seem to be an unfinished addition to the addon...addition thingy...

hurricane3 it would probably help everyone if you can tell us what aircraft specifically have loadout problems

then maybe we can compile a list of things that need fixings

:yes:

Edited by p10ppy

Good morning. P10ppy by addon you meant the Expansion Pack? Now I got it. :ok: I was thinking "addon" in terms of the third party additions. :slow: :yes:

Good morning. P10ppy by addon you meant the Expansion Pack? Now I got it. :ok: I was thinking "addon" in terms of the third party additions. :slow: :yes:

Guys although I thank you from the bottom of my heart ,I can't let you go to all that work just for a flight sim.

Here's why ,I listed every plane I have and the list numbers 46 including the stock planes like the SE5a and all the Camels and AEG-G4.

Although it be nice to have bombs on bomber's like the Gotha and AEG , it's too much to ask of you to do all that work just for one person.

Yes I'd be willing to pay for all this but it wouldn't be much ,as money's tight right now.

Unless there is a simple way to do all planes at once ,I can't expect you to do this.

I guess I should have said 44 planes cause two don't require loadouts.

I can list them all and the loadouts for each,but it's going to take a while.

Bottom line is I have no addon weapons for any plane ,either stock or addon.

Thank you so much for the offer but it's just too much.

Guys although I thank you from the bottom of my heart ,I can't let you go to all that work just for a flight sim.

Here's why ,I listed every plane I have and the list numbers 46 including the stock planes like the SE5a and all the Camels and AEG-G4.

Although it be nice to have bombs on bomber's like the Gotha and AEG , it's too much to ask of you to do all that work just for one person.

Yes I'd be willing to pay for all this but it wouldn't be much ,as money's tight right now.

Unless there is a simple way to do all planes at once ,I can't expect you to do this.

I guess I should have said 44 planes cause two don't require loadouts.

I can list them all and the loadouts for each,but it's going to take a while.

Bottom line is I have no addon weapons for any plane ,either stock or addon.

Thank you so much for the offer but it's just too much.

OK here goes just for giggles ,these are the planes I don't have addon weapons for: AEG-G4,50 and 100kg bombs,Albatross DIII,Oaw,DV,DII,DIIL,all gernades,Aviatik CII ,bombs,Avro 504d,bombs,BE2a Quirk,gernades,Be2c@d bombs,gernades and large bombs,Bristol Fighter F2B,light bombs,heavy bombs,DFW C1,bombs,Farman FE .2b@ FE8, bombs,Fokker D.VIIand f,model ,and Fokker DR1and FokkerE III,all gernades,Gotha GIV ,light bombs,bombs,heavy bombs,Halberstadt,Hanriot HD1,CAM,and Dual,all bombs, Nieuport 11, LePrieur rockets,Nieuport17 ,same,Nieuport17 Two Gun,wing gun,Nieuport24 and 28 ,bombs,Pfalz D III, bombs and gernades,Pfalz D VIII and D XII, bombs,RAF SE5A ,bombs,Roland CII Walisch,bombs,Spad VII CI ,bombs and rockets,Spad XIII.CI(220),bombs,Siemens-Schuckert DIII, bombs,Sopwith Dolphin, bombs and rockets,all three stock Camels (110,130,and150),bombs,Sopwith Pup,bombs and rockets,and finally,Whew Sopwith Snipe, bombs.

So there's the list ,as I said you guys don't have to do anything, it's too much work. Thanks for the offer ,your the best.

Well hurricane, my friend, although I don't have all those planes installed in the EP all the stock planes and all the addon planes I do have all have working bombs and grenades. Rockets don't work outright because they are not included in the EP weapons but using P10ppy's Le Prieur rockets that can be fixed. I think you have another problem with your install. :blink::dntknw: You are choosing Bomb Target or Armed Recon as missions aren't you? (Army Co-op is causing CTDs for some planes).

Well hurricane, my friend, although I don't have all those planes installed in the EP all the stock planes and all the addon planes I do have all have working bombs and grenades. Rockets don't work outright because they are not included in the EP weapons but using P10ppy's Le Prieur rockets that can be fixed. I think you have another problem with your install. :blink::dntknw: You are choosing Bomb Target or Armed Recon as missions aren't you? (Army Co-op is causing CTDs for some planes).

Yes ,those are the missions I picked to work with.

I think when I reinstalled the EP the installer deleted some weapon files ,but you know more about this than I do.

I don't know. I would have thought reinstalling the EP would have restored any lost files. Do you see a weaponsdata.ini or weaponsdata.dat file in your Objects folder? If so take those two files out of your game. You can cut and paste them to your desktop or create a folder to put them in. This will restore the game to the stock versions of those files contained in the ObjectData.CAT. That should get the stock weapons working again. If that doesn't work you can restore your current set-up by putting them back.

what Tailspin said ...

but look in your "Objects/Weapons" folder for the weaponsdata.ini as weaponsdata.dat aswell

not sure if its necessary but mine are in a weapons folder....

gluck

Yes. If you have created a Weapons folder those files need to be in it to work. You might want to remove that folder (Weapons) too.

edit: Of course if those files aren't in the Weapons folder, if you have one, that could be the problem.

Yes. If you have created a Weapons folder those files need to be in it to work. You might want to remove that folder (Weapons) too.

edit: Of course if those files aren't in the Weapons folder, if you have one, that could be the problem.

I checked my weapons,and though I have a weaopens Data Dat. file ,there is no INI file of any kind.

How would removeing the weapons file help?

Also I don't know what files you mean.

For some reason I have the old weapons Data Dat file and the old Weapons config file, both are already in my weapons file.

I tried replaceing them with the old files but didn't make any difference so I put the new Data Dat and weapons config. files back ,but as I said,there are no ini files in the folder.

I checked my weapons,and though I have a weaopens Data Dat. file ,there is no INI file of any kind.

How would removeing the weapons file help?

Also I don't know what files you mean.

For some reason I have the old weapons Data Dat file and the old Weapons config file, both new ones are already in my weapons file.

I tried replaceing them with the old files but didn't make any difference so I put the new Data Dat and weapons config. files back ,but as I said,there are no ini files in the folder.

For that matter whats a INI file?is it the same as the weapons config file or the Data dat files which I have(although can't open the Data Dat file,it is just a bunch of scrambled letters and even note pad or any program I have will not open it.)

If I need an ini file where do I get it?

Also someone said somthing about editing the weapons file ,what do I edit?

For that matter whats a INI file?is it the same as the weapons config file or the Data dat files which I have(although can't open the Data Dat file,it is just a bunch of scrambled letters and even note pad or any program I have will not open it.)

If I need an ini file where do I get it?

Also someone said somthing about editing the weapons file ,what do I edit?

OK by using the SFpie utility I found ini files but they were for the stock planes ,no weapons.

Someone a long while back before the first addon gave me a weapons file and after that everything worked.

After the patch only the new planes had addon weapons.

After I reinstalled the EP , none of the addon weapons worked ,new or old,I don't know if I had an ini file in the weapons pack that was sent to me or not,but I see nothing that says INI there now.

So since I still have guns I can shoot hell out of those pesky Germans ,but their safe from bombs ,rockets and gernades,so rather than spend a weeek reinstalling the whole sim ,and that might not even work ,we've spent enough time and effort to get me addon weapons so let's forget the whole thing for now,unless someone has a brainstorm thats really simple.

Thanks to everyone for all your trouble.

I thought you may have a bad WeaponData.dat or something. Removing those files forces the game to use the original files that are still in the ObjectData.CAT file. Did you try it? Once again the stock weapons work. They work for most of the third party planes too. If you have made a separate Weapons folder take it out along with any WeaponData.dat or WeaponData.ini files you find in your Objects folder and see if your have weapons. They are easy to spot as that is what they are named. Sounds like you don't have the WeaponsData.ini. INI files and DAT files are what make the game work. INI files make up a huge part of the sim and are everywhere. Flight models, effects, mission parameters, etc. etc are all part of .INI files.

If you you can't get the stock game files to work then a complete reinstall sounds like your only option if you want bombs and such.

edti: What you are calling the weapons configure file is probably the WeaponsData.ini. It shoud be named WeaponData.ini At least try removing the files and see if it works. You can save them and put them back if it doesn't work...although they sound like they're pretty much useless as it is.

I thought you may have a bad WeaponData.dat or something. Removing those files forces the game to use the original files that are still in the ObjectData.CAT file. Did you try it? Once again the stock weapons work. They work for most of the third party planes too. If you have made a separate Weapons folder take it out along with any WeaponData.dat or WeaponData.ini files you find in your Objects folder and see if your have weapons. They are easy to spot as that is what they are named. Sounds like you don't have the WeaponsData.ini. INI files and DAT files are what make the game work. INI files make up a huge part of the sim and are everywhere. Flight models, effects, mission parameters, etc. etc are all part of .INI files.

If you you can't get the stock game files to work then a complete reinstall sounds like your only option if you want bombs and such.

edti: What you are calling the weapons configure file is probably the WeaponsData.ini. It shoud be named WeaponData.ini At least try removing the files and see if it works. You can save them and put them back if it doesn't work...although they sound like they're pretty much useless as it is.

OK deleting those two files from my weapons folder gave me bombs, no gernades or rockets or the top wing gun on the Nieuport two gun.(I checked out the new Spad rockets and it seemed like much more than I want to tackle.)

So at least now I have bombs to rain terror on the Hun.

Thankyou for sticking with me

OK deleting those two files from my weapons folder gave me bombs, no gernades or rockets or the top wing gun on the Nieuport two gun.(I checked out the new Spad rockets and it seemed like much more than I want to tackle.)

So at least now I have bombs to rain terror on the Hun.

Thankyou for sticking with me

Just found I have gernades for all the new planes but not the older addon ones.

Good! Some of the older planes may have conflicts with how the weapons are named in the loadouts for the plane (this is where you may have to edit those individual planes to get them to work). Compare the loadout.inis of the planes that DO work with those that don't. You may have to edit the names in the old loadout.ini to match the new names. First, I'd still remove the entire Weapons folder and see what happens. You can always put it back....although without a working, updated weapondata.ini and weapondata.dat the Weapons folder won't work at all and it may be causing a conflict with the game.

Good! Some of the older planes may have conflicts with how the weapons are named in the loadouts for the plane (this is where you may have to edit those individual planes to get them to work). Compare the loadout.inis of the planes that DO work with those that don't. You may have to edit the names in the old loadout.ini to match the new names. First, I'd still remove the entire Weapons folder and see what happens. You can always put it back....although without a working, updated weapondata.ini and weapondata.dat the Weapons folder won't work at all and it may be causing a conflict with the game.

I gotta take a break for a while, ,I'am not sure if I want to continue trying or just be happy with what I,ve got.

If I decide to try what you said , I'll let you know.

Thanks again(you must be tired of me thanking you but it's the only way to thankyou for putting up with me.

No problem hurricane.

OK told ya I'd update you after I got rested up.

This strikes me as strange although maybe you will understand why.

First I tried to find the plane names for which I don't have addon weapons, , the Nieuports and maybe a few other's by extracting the file or just looking for them in the Ojects Data CAT file and Objects Data1 Cat file but couldn't find them to do any renaming.

Then I extracted the Data Dat. file and the Weapons Data INI from the Objects Data CAT and put them back into my weapons folder ,and no difference.

I still have everything but rockets ( which I understand I'd have to install the new Spad rockets to get) ,the small bombs for the Gotha,I have the other two types of bombs , the wing gun for the two gun Nieuport, and any addon gernades ,I have them for all the new planes.

Then I took out the whole weapons file and it made no difference,still had the weapons I had before but not the one's I mentioned.

So I put the weapons file back(if I left it out ,where would I put any new weapons for any other addon planes I might add, not that they would work,but I thought it isn't hurting anything by being there so may as well leave it in.

So bottom line is no matter what I did,I have the weapons ,I got back when I took out the Data Dat and weapons INI files , in the first place and they still work even with the same type files I put in from the Objects Data file.

Does any of this make sense?Also I hope I explained it well enough for you to understand what I did.

So I'am leaving well enough alone now and just be glad for the weapons I got back.

I'am not about to do a complete reinstall ,unless it becomes a major problem. Thanks for the zillionth time.