Sign in to follow this  
Viper6

Low level hi-speed bomb run

Well It has FINALLY happened, After months of playing the TW series I finally completed a Hi-speed low level bombing run! I'm flying the THUD in Linebacker 2 and was tasked to hit a runway, Greatfully there were some hills on the ingress route so I stayed lo and weaved in and out of the hills to avoid the MANY SAM sites. Much to my shagrin the hills gave way to a open valley about 10 to 15 miles away from the target so I kicked in full AB and once the runway was just beneath me, I let loose ALL the hi-drag 750lb eggs that I had. I then heard Red Crown say "mission complete RTB". With the SAM warning tone in my headset buzzing to beat the band, I beat feet out of dodge at like 50ft altitude. I was TRULY surprised that none of the ZSU's were able to shred my THUD(this time)! Don't you love it when a plan comes together? :rofl::clapping::wink::good::ok:

Runway devastation has always been my favorite strike mission, and I love to move the mud!

There is just something about ripping down the centerline, at the speed of heat with yer hair on fire, and green tracers slingin' your way.

gallery_310_81_17187.jpg

:good:

Runway devastation has always been my favorite strike mission, and I love to move the mud!

There is just something about ripping down the centerline, at the speed of heat with yer hair on fire, and green tracers slingin' your way.

Too true mate! And my favourites for doing this are the Thud, FB-111A and the Tomcat (with 4 Mk.84's on the Phoenix pallets).

I love this task so much that on missions to take out a fuel/oil tank I use cannon on those and keep my bombs for nearby runways :yes:

Too true mate! And my favourites for doing this are the Thud, FB-111A and the Tomcat (with 4 Mk.84's on the Phoenix pallets).

I love this task so much that on missions to take out a fuel/oil tank I use cannon on those and keep my bombs for nearby runways :yes:

You don't need all this. Just load the Cruise Missile and lob a couple to target 120m out. Once fired you can go home for tea and medals and forget the low ground fire and SAMs. :biggrin::biggrin:

You don't need all this. Just load the Cruise Missile and lob a couple to target 120m out. Once fired you can go home for tea and medals and forget the low ground fire and SAMs. :biggrin::biggrin:
lol! But it is soooo much more "fun" down in the weeds with a THUD or F-4 trying to weave and sneak my way into the target area completly laden with old "dumb" bombs,trying not to pay too much attention to the SAM warnings while dodging the ZSU's! Man does it get ANY better than that? :biggrin::blink: